• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppies am cry: Cammie Dunaway leaves Nintendo and video game industry

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nice, less chances for annoying misogynistic "jokes" on GAF. I hope she finds professional success in her next endeavor.

Poyunch

Yeah I think she may have been excited about her job at first but once the gamer backlash came in I bet she enjoyed her job less.

I wish her all the best in her new position.
Never liked her tbh. But her image in public may be completely different from her private behaviour, who really knows?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Best of luck to her!
As far as her public speaking skills go, I do admit to preferring Reggie's brand of false enthusiasm over hers.

Sadist

Didn't hate her either btw, but I always felt she was a bit "misplaced" working at Nintendo.

Best of luck to her.

Yeah, that's what I like about Reggie. A lot of the stuff he says during presentations is so out there and ridiculous that you know he's full of it. It makes him bearable, and at times entertaining, to watch.

donny2112

Celine said:
She's gone.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gamelife/2009/07/wiisportsresort-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

And I am very glad she is! She was so completely out of touch with [i]anyone[/i]. Gamers, non-gamers (who were supposed to be her target). It was ridiculous. I still think she's part of the reason Wii Music did what it did. She was one of the "employee kidnappings" on a trip to Japan, and she told them it was great. Ugh.

Cammie had a [b]very[/b] rough start, and the internet never really seemed to get over it. I liked her, though. No Perrin Kaplan, to be sure, but pretty decent.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Boney said:
that's not how it works though.

I would figure they would want someone with a work history more in tune to where the company sees itself going in the future, but I'm just guessing.

How does it work then? :lol

donny2112

GDGF said:
I would figure they would want someone with a work history more in tune to where the company sees itself going in the future, but I'm just guessing.

Bring back Perrin? Return of the ninjas?

KevinCow

Banned
Does anyone have the gif where she dies on the first Goomba in NSMB Wii?

Someone post the gif where she dies on the first Goomba in NSMB Wii.

MiniDitka

cammy.jpg

Haunted said:
Wonder which newcomer outside the videogame industry will replace her to leave a year or so later.
Guess which brand they worked for before going to Nintendo! Reggie was Pizza Hut and Cammie was Yahoo! and Frito-Lay. I'm gonna say next up is "Arby's" or "Febreeze".

I think Perrin Kaplan was a bettter speaker and did much better interviews (especially with Matt Cassamasina). I missed her after she left, but Cammie is too bland to be missed.

Aquavelvaman said:
Guess which brand they worked for before going to Nintendo! Reggie was Pizza Hut and Cammie was Yahoo! and Frito-Lay. I'm gonna say next up is "Arby's" or "Febreeze".
Subway or MSN Search.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Aquavelvaman said:
Ooh, this could be fun. My money is on Dasani Bottled Water

MisterHero

Can't say I was endeared by Cammie or Denise like I was with Perrin Kaplan and George Harrison, but best of luck to everyone

She was the one who spoke during one of Nintendo's conference at E3 a couple of years ago, right? She talked to the people in the audience like they were fuckin' retards.

''Nintendo puts a smile.....(does a big smile)........on people's face.....(point to face).'' God.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Aquavelvaman said:

"Feel's like a Nintendo console" being the tag line this decade?

She did a pretty good job, I think, but may have moved on because she got a better offer. It's possible she wanted to rise a little further but couldn't at NoA.

But yeah, message board nerds seemed to hate her. I think it's because she reminds them of their mothers and the thought of her being the face of their hobby hit too close to home.

But yeah, whatever. Next person they get should be a little more outrageous. Cammie may have been a touch too vanilla corporate for a product as bombastic as video games.

MisterHero

viciouskillersquirrel said:
But yeah, whatever. Next person they get should be a little more outrageous. Cammie may have been a touch too vanilla corporate for a product as bombastic as video games.
i dunno, i thought Reggie's debut was perfection :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXRLrxxY4SM

Based on E3 this year it's obvious crazier people can be found, however

Maybe Nintendo will create the ultimate clone to run the company in a few decades

its DNA will consist of the brawn of Reggie, the wonder of Miyamoto, the foresight of Iwata, and the wrath of The Yamauchi

Nintendo need to do one of the following:

1) Poach Jack Tretton.
2) Poach Peter Moore.
3) Give Reggie a handgun filled with blanks to keep the audience's attention when he's tallking about Wii ______
4) Poach Peter Molyneux.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Green Scar said:
Nintendo need to do one of the following:

1) Poach Jack Tretton.

No. He needs to go back to Sony. :(

2) Poach Peter Moore.

So long as I can watch the trainwreck as Nintendo fails and Peter bails for more cash, sure.

3) Give Reggie a handgun filled with blanks to keep the audience's attention when he's tallking about Wii ______

:lol

4) Poach Peter Molyneux.

Why, so they can promise "YOU CAN WAGGLE EVERYTHING!" and suddenly you find out you can't day-of-launch?

GDGF

Soothsayer
MisterHero said:
Maybe Nintendo will create the ultimate clone to run the company in a few decades

its DNA will consist of the brawn of Reggie, the wonder of Miyamoto, the foresight of Iwata, and the wrath of The Yamauchi

tumblr_kxjoy8sIG21qb3c2no1_400.jpg

As annoying/embarassing as Dunaway was (She reminds me of Sarah Palin) at least she gave us a few laughs.

On a side note, I just wish MS kept Don Mattrick locked in a closet. I love my 360, but damn that smug smile/fake enthsiasm just makes want to scream.

I will give Jack Tretton props. He seems like a down to earth guy.

KevinCow

Banned
MisterHero said:

That would be terrifying. I'm pretty sure Nintendo would literally take over the world if that happened.

Top Bottom