• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Push Square] Sony's lack of communication is becoming an issue

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They gave me enough info for me to pre-order.

I do want more info on UI's, BC, etc.. but not anxious about it.

I exist to buy stuff and they exist to sell stuff, they did their job.. I did mine.

*shrug*

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Push Square's utter lack of relevance is an ongoing thing.

Does anyone ever visit (or even think about) that site apart from clickthroughs after some bait articles like this?

Last edited:
This can only go 2 ways:

Sony are so confident in their product that they know it will blow people away when it ends up in consumer hands. No need to waste money on marketing.

or

Sony know they have shit and they are just keeping their mouths shut to maximize sales before the shit hits the fan.

martino

I’ll not give them the benefit of the doubt when pretty much every recent article about the PS5 talks about the lack of info even the one you linked. I’ll assume the worse until they prove otherwise.
until early October because we known we will have more info at that time ?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
This can only go 2 ways:

Sony are so confident in their product that they know it will blow people away when it ends up in consumer hands. No need to waste money on marketing.

or

Sony know they have shit and they are just keeping their mouths shut to maximize sales before the shit hits the fan.

I'd say its the first. Theres a reason Sony is widely known for its arrogance.

The thing is they can and will get away with it.

According to who? Your imaginary friends?

You sound just as arrogant as the company you worship.

Sony has won the race, and will probably win next. And its only for the hardcore players the exclusives matter for. The majority of gamers, which are not fanboys, buy a PS5 because they want to play gta fifa and cod. Most of them don't give a shit about god of war or the last of us 2.

Multi plays always sells more. And Sony doesn't really care about your shining Knight defensive stance, they only care about your money.

Like Microsoft and Nintendo wants. Neither is your friend but fanboys acts like its your first crush and are obsessed with sticking to them.

I just want to discuss games.

MarkMe2525

I'm hoping this is some conspiracy theory art of war shit and Sony gonna drop some big bombs in a week or so. The better both these consoles do, the less likely it will be that amazon, apple, or Google will grab market share.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Wouldnt it be funny if after all this talk of Sony's advantage with loading speedsm it turns out to be slower than the Xsex when switching or loading games.... I for one smell alil trouble cause if they were that confident in it, we would've seen something by now.

It just seem's fishy...

Ask Sony. They aren't going to react to MS news, they are going to show the UI when it's time to on their roadmap and other things when they fall in place.
This is my thought for both consoles. They are just following their map. My bet is both companies thought they were going to have more software available, but CoVid threw a wrench in their plans. They don't want to blow their load months in advance only to have nothing to reveal closer to release.

elenapska

PS5 is more popular than XSX, it gets more buzz and likes. Pretty sure PS5 is gonna sell more. BUT, I hate the Sony marketing campaign, MS with XSX got me excited, I'm buying both though

Jim Ryan was obviously sick of the marketing teams antics, so he fired them and decided to put himself in charge of marketing.

It's ridiculous to me that we have had an actual hands on of Series X with a tear down months ago, yet we still haven't seen the actual console in someone's hands. Instead we get shitty resolution pictures from an NCC report, the same shit we get with the DualSense. Like wtf Sony, wake up.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
well sony didn't release any bad news until after preorders sold out. So they might not release any actual hands on till next year ?? lol

Klik

They should hype PS5 a lot more. It has very respectable hardware worth talking about. We're 50days till release, we need 50 crazy ps5 days

FrankWza

Sony please say something about the back button attachment.
I’d like to add this to my post below. Good call. I’m a little annoyed I have to play a souls game without being able to remap action and weapon

I’d like some more info on Dolby vision support and audio options. But that’s the best launch lineup in 3 console generations. That means a lot...it’s a video game console

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Man, people like these must be pissed about PS5 Pre-ordered selling out... without them "informing" the public.

I bet the SONY inside people are having a hoooge laugh.

And THIS is the worst part that's missing from the video. Where's the acknowledgment that Sony is selling out of multiple rounds of pre-orders with little information and with almost no advertising campaign for the PS5?

You have no idea what their schedule is or if they even have one. Maybe they are just making it up as they go along.

Yes you are correct Zog, a billion dollar company is completely winging it!

What schedule is this? The one where they stay silent and let their fanboys create fantastical tales about the PS5 and then Jim Ryan dashes their hopes in a random interview?

I'm on a roll today.

Last edited:

Visualift

All I need to know is when the PS5 is coming out, how much it will cost, and how to secure one. Anything else is really not stuff they "need" to share.

longdi

Banned
They got early adopters that will buy anything for the next few months anyway (myself included), by then any info will be available to the public as they come out.

That said they sure dropped the ball this gen, last gen they pushed the narrative before launch. This gen it’s a confusing g mess of no info trailer drops and info hidden away on Twitter. People still think Spider man MM is a ps5 only game. Miss leading at best.

Last gen run up, MS was running about putting out fires with the press, they had a piss poor E3 and piss poor communication afterwards. So much damage control about One's underpowered specs.

SonyGAF then, was very relax and confident with every showing, the Shu UI demo, the tear down on YT, the Mark chat with DF and Watch Impress.

Surely SonyGAF today, can sense something is wrong in of SCE now?

Last edited:
With the way Jim Ryan presents, it's just as good as someone having no presentation. Bring Cerny/Tretton/Yoshida trinity back.. and the gold ol' Kevin Butler for kicks.

Sony is the market leader and they can move when they are ready.

Most of Sony's showcases have been slightly better than MS and more organized and I think that's what is taking so long, they will probably have another showcase to show off the UI and more details versus just giving the console to influencers to review.

Derktron

Banned
Sony is the market leader and they can move when they are ready.

Most of Sony's showcases have been slightly better than MS and more organized and I think that's what is taking so long, they will probably have another showcase to show off the UI and more details versus just giving the console to influencers to review.
This is the most useless thing to say and I hope one day Sony does what Microsoft does and feels the need to do much better. Especially with communication.

LordOfChaos

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Has anyone wondered if they're not hyping it because they're already going to blow through everything they can make for months and upset people, so why bother adding more heat?

Not making excuses for them, I'm frustrated that preorders are already open and we still don't know the full details of the BC story and a few other things.

PresetError

Neophyte
It's not becoming an issue. It has been an issue since june. Seems clear to me Sony didn't digest well the PS4 sucess and the changes in corporate structure haven't been for the best.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I disagree with the idea that early adopters such as those on this site don't matter. There is some momentum and word of mouth factor that spreads from the early buyers. You start to hear little things as a "mainstream buyer" from the early buyers, then one or the other might start to become "cool" or "trending".
Sony can't afford to sit on the high hill and just expect blind brand loyalty, it just doesn't matter as much as some would say, especially for the casuals. Game pass is a huge threat to Sony. They are already at risk of become the "less powerful" console this generation, if you combine that with being the more expensive option due to Gamepass, you might see a swing in MS's favor. As much as this forum likes to think Sony is bulletproof due to the games, it is not, history has proven that time and time again with consoles.

LostDonkey

We all know by now. Sony PlayStation is a brand that's needs to do absolutely nothing and come launch day it will be sold out everywhere.

They don't even need to try. And they aren't.

Esca

Hasn't even been a full two weeks since their last show. People need to chill out. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something new in the next couple of weeks then a more accelerated release of info

mistakable

Neo Member
I mean yeah all the little news bites and knowing the ins and outs of the machine and software would be nice to know from a general perspective.
Though people complaining they have paid xyz for a pre order that they don't know enough about....mm how about wait until its out and then you definitely know what you're getting?
And If you did pre order one know that it was out of brand loyalty or trust and it was your choice to do so without that info... sony didn't put a gun to you head and force you into buying one day one.
Personally I don't pre order anything, I can wait a few months!!

Top Bottom