• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris announced for PS3, WiiU, Vita and 3DS

Skyzard

Banned
Hope it'll get localized. I doubt it, though. :(

It has Tetris though...

But yeah, lack of 360 is a bit worrying...maybe they don't have the contacts for it? Or don't think it would sell at retail or something...

I guess I can import it but digital is so convenient for this.

zroid

Banned
Say hello to PUYOTETMIX

Gameplay mechanics:
When a tetromino is placed on top of some Puyo, instead the tetrominos sink to the bottom of the field
9ybdeyQ.jpg

770.gif

Website updated with two additional modes:

Big Bang: "Clear as much as you want in Puyo and Tetris!"
fig_gameplaybigbang.png

Maybe a mix of Endless Fever and the equivalent in Tetris?

Party: "A rousing item battle with all your friends!"
fig_gameplayparty.png

The successor to Slots mode in PP20th, which was Mario Party as heck.

5amshift

Banned
Huge Puyo fan here and I'm definitely pumped for this. Hopefully a ton of modes are thrown in. Also hoping this will be a $39.99 title, as I'm not sure how this could give a ton of content to be a $59.99 game.

Huge Puyo fan here and I'm definitely pumped for this. Hopefully a ton of modes are thrown in. Also hoping this will be a $39.99 title, as I'm not sure how this could give a ton of content to be a $59.99 game.
It's going to be a bit cheaper than your average current-gen title at 5,229 yen (cheaper than MH4). Gonna get the PS3 version myself for region-free and streaming purposes, but the apparent lack of a PSN version is weird.

nullset2

Oh my god yes.

Chalk one up to the "such a simple and beautifully sounding idea that it just has to work" category.

It's going to be a bit cheaper than your average current-gen title at 5,229 yen (cheaper than MH4). Gonna get the PS3 version myself for region-free and streaming purposes, but the apparent lack of a PSN version is weird.

Yeah, I think I want in for both PS3 and Vita, but I'm not sure if I want my Vita copy to be physical or digital. Not much choice for PS3, so I'm going to drop a preorder on it later today since I would think a limited edition would have been announced by now if one is going to exist.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dat "SEEEGGAAAAA" jingle. Still hoping for a localization announcement.

What's the stuff mentioned at the end? Something about a card?

masterwok

Banned
Last Puyo game I played was Fever 2 for DS, import.

Loved it and need to get caught on later releases.

Hope this fusion delivers.

I guess I can import the Vita version, right? This game seems like it's too crazy not to own.

Physical should work with any PSN account. Digital can only be used with the PSN account that buys it, plus all the caveats of having to do the whole system format and swapping memory cards in order to switch PSN accounts.

Boy I sure hope this sees North American shores, it should be any easy localization given its a puzzler... This is exactly the kind of cross platform play Nintendo needs to be capitalizing on every chance they get too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh my goooddd, the two new videos look crazy. Seriously hope this comes to the US. If not, hopefully the Vita version won't cost much to import.

Miletius

This looks great. Hopefully I can grab a copy for Wii U down the line somewhere. I like both Tetris and Puyo Puyo, so it mixes the best of everything.

meppi

Are all the version getting a physical release?

If so and it doesn't come to the west I'm picking up the PS3/Vita copies. :)

Top Bottom