• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Beta Thread: Get Back To Your Roots

Tried searching but didn't see anything. Does anybody know if they added a sprint option? That was the only thing that frustrated me during the first game.

vypek

Tried searching but didn't see anything. Does anybody know if they added a sprint option? That was the only thing that frustrated me during the first game.

I'm not playing it yet but I would guess they still want only certain classes being able to sprint with a special ability. But maybe someone can tell us if the general movement speed is faster or not. Not sure what kind of feedback they got on character movement based on the last game.

Planet

You can still quickly buy sticker packages between rounds, and there are still menu shortcuts to character selection and such. What is it exactly you can't access fast enough because of the levelized menu?

iBlue

Does this game has some sort of story mode? I paid like 40 when the first one came out and now they are charging 80 in Canada for the sequel...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Encountered my first bug
One of the zombie bosses, the one carrying one side of a shed has infinite health

the twat is mercilessly hunting me down in my own base. Had to join a multiplayer game just to get away from it

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading now, I never played the first but heard so many good things about it.

FHIZ

Here I am, waiting for SCEA to update the PS store in a timely fashion...

*something something* definition of insanity.

Zakkath

I can't find it on XB1... Browsing the store and it's not showing anywhere. (Canada)

Edit : Seems like we have to use the link in the OP. I tried finding it directly on the console store and I couldn't find it.

minx

I can't watch any of the streams or videos right now.... Is there really regenerating health in multi-player? Wouldn't that elinlminate the need for the healing class?

I'm confused as hell now.

I went to that TimeandDate site and it says it's 9 in the evening for me The Netherlands, so that should mean it's playable now. That can't be right...right?

Hip Hop

I can't watch any of the streams or videos right now.... Is there really regenerating health in multi-player? Wouldn't that elinlminate the need for the healing class?

Yes, there is health regen.

Health regen is slow and it doesn't compare if you get healed by the class. So there is still a need for that class.

It regenerates fairly fast until you reach half health, at which point the regeneration slows down quite a bit.

It does render healers less necessary, but personally I kind of think it's for the best, as we now have 7 classes on each side, of which only one can heal, and healers were already somewhat rare at times on the first GW.

Yup. I checked another forum,for us in Holland it's already playable. Why exactly did people say it wasn't a very good time for Europeans then?

Hip Hop

Personally, I really think health regen was needed.

Having to wait for someone to have that class to heal me (sometimes it never came) and having no chance to fight back at 10 percent health was annoying.

It's like, just come and kill me now so I can respawn and not be dead weight. Really pointless.

I'm glad that it is in. It balances the game now quite a bit.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yup. I checked another forum,for us in Holland it's already playable. Why exactly did people say it wasn't a very good time for Europeans then?

It was posted somewhere else that it wasn't going to come on for Europe until 2/3am

Having to wait for someone to have that class to heal me (sometimes it never came) and having no chance to fight back at 10 percent health was annoying.

It's like, just come and kill me now so I can respawn and not be dead weight. Really pointless.

Yeah, I don't know about consoles, but after a while on PC Sunflowers, and to a lesser extent, Scientists, became quite a rare sight, so it was pretty unusual to actually be healed by another player. It became a much better option just to hoard Heal Zombies and Heal Flowers.

minx

It regenerates fairly fast until you reach half health, at which point the regeneration slows down quite a bit.

It does render healers less necessary, but personally I kind of think it's for the best, as we now have 7 classes on each side, of which only one can heal, and healers were already somewhat rare at times on the first GW.

Scientist zombie shooting dolphins was an amazing CQC character. Then they nerfed him.

This is a good point. Could someone also explain the difference between Gardens and Graveyards and Herbal Assault besides the Plants attacking?

I'm not playing it yet but I would guess they still want only certain classes being able to sprint with a special ability. But maybe someone can tell us if the general movement speed is faster or not. Not sure what kind of feedback they got on character movement based on the last game.

This makes a lot of sense. Watching a couple live streams it seems to be about the same. Not a deal breaker but I like to go fast. ;)

FHIZ

I mean look at the OP, it won't be up until around 4pm PST.

I believe the times are when the thing would be available to play, iirc they said you'd be able to download it a handful of hours prior... of course they never took your everyday "it'll be up when it's up" PSN scheduling into account.

Yeah, I don't know about consoles, but after a while on PC Sunflowers, and to a lesser extent, Scientists, became quite a rare sight, so it was pretty unusual to actually be healed by another player. It became a much better option just to hoard Heal Zombies and Heal Flowers.

I definitely agree with this. I always thought it was strange, though, since the Scientist was the best zombie class in GW1. ;) I HATED playing as the scientist at first, but once you learn the "right" way to play as him it's a blast. You can chuck a few grenades into the garden to soften up the defenders, warp in (and completely annihilate people close range), then either warp away or set down a healing station and claim the territory.

The scientist was my favorite class in GW1. I'm really bummed that in GW2 they swapped out his heal station for a heal beam, though. Guess this means I can't self-heal anymore?

Mindlog

I definitely agree with this. I always thought it was strange, though, since the Scientist was the best zombie class in GW1. ;) I HATED playing as the scientist at first, but once you learn the "right" way to play as him it's a blast. You can chuck a few grenades into the garden to soften up the defenders, warp in (and completely annihilate people close range), then either warp away or set down a healing station and claim the territory.

The scientist was my favorite class in GW1. I'm really bummed that in GW2 they swapped out his heal station for a heal beam, though. Guess this means I can't self-heal anymore?
Yeah. When I played on console scientists were pretty rare, but would regularly rack up some extreme K/D ratios. When we could prowl around the edges of the conflict nothing could stop us.

It was posted somewhere else that it wasn't going to come on for Europe until 2/3am

I think they downloaded it from the US store, i sure did. I do everyrhing on the US store :)
The Dutch one is bullshit.

Anyway, it's taking insane long here. Ok sure i only got a 12Mbits connection, but it's been almost an hour now and it's at 13%. Is that normal?

I AM using a different DNS though for Netflix and Crunchyroll, but that should not affect download speed right?

Im an idiot. I found out why my stream was shit lol I had throttling rules in place on another device that had the same local ip. I should be good now :D

Top Bottom