• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 IOTI 60 Brains Per Second, 1080 Pea

krpiper

wasnt huge on the beta but i guess that is what EA access is for!

By the game plays slower is that like the character movement or like everyone is more bullet "spongy"?

U2NUMB

The beta felt off to me but 4 hours into my early access the changes they made (mostly) are great.. Rose however can kiss my ass.. they need to adjust her QUICK.

But overall super pumped.. just digital pre ordered. Love the XP level up rather than the last system as well.

EDIT: One other very annoying thing that always seems to be an EA server issue. Why do their servers always seem to require crazy amount of speed to connect to? I have plenty download speed and while a number of people are using the internet in my house at night.. ONLY EA games get hung up and often dont connect when traffic is high. Any other game..... no worries. It is VERY Frustrating... right now I can not get their servers to connect and I know its because 2 other people are streaming in my house... which again is NO issue with any other online gaming system, I have plenty of speed.

Just annoying to see its still a problem in this game.

I picked up a gnome bomb on the docks during single player. Anyone know what I do with it?

Edit: nvm. Got it.

Edit 2: holy shit. A 200 star chest.

MrBlonde

Do I have to prestige to get all the character upgrades? Since it only goes to 10 it appears that way since I just got my first upgrade at 5.

Also u don't lose anything when u prestige correct??

statham

and bought, between this, QB and Rocket league and I just bought retail AC. my monthly game account is out of money for the next 3 months.

wheres mah classic mode?

Lucifon

Are the character abilities the same for every character? I've levelled a few to 5 and they've all just got the faster health regen perk. That seems abit sucky if so, I swear the first game had different ones for different classes?

bombshell

Because in the beta it said you can play splitscreen across all modes including online.

So they took it out.

No, it said you can play split-screen across all modes and you can, just not online.

You can play all modes in 2P split-screen including the 24 player modes, where the rest of the slots will be filled by bots.

thenexus6

I am a huge fan of the original and even though it was budget priced I would've been happy paying the full £40 / $60 based on the amount of time and enjoyment I got out of it. The price of this new game doesn't matter.

However I didn't really feel the beta; too much happening on screen, not a fan of the colour palette and I think the introduction of these hero characters detracts from the game.

Maybe i'll get it in a sale later in the year.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No, it said you can play split-screen across all modes and you can, just not online.

You can play all modes in 2P split-screen including the 24 player modes, where the rest of the slots will be filled by bots.

Ah ok. Not ideal but still a lot better than the first game. Can you still earn XP in that mode?

MMaRsu

Banned

Im pretty sure they said you can do splitscreen online bro. Its the big reason I was looking forward to this game.

Fuck bots dont care about that

bombshell

Im pretty sure they said you can do splitscreen online bro. Its the big reason I was looking forward to this game.

Fuck bots dont care about that

I know what the message in the beta said. It was ambiguous, but online wasn't mentioned and it has never been mentioned in regards to this game.

Caayn

[
Fun story, I was gonna elaborate on the stickers themselves, buy Caayn, did it last night, thanks buddy:

Adding to:
6: Weapon skins, for each variant can be obtained via sticker packs.

Sticker packs cost from 2.5k coins to 75k for a phenomenal character pack
You're welcome, thanks for mentioning me :)

JonnyKong

I don't honestly know why out of the zombie classes I've decided to main the imp. The amount of health he gets is shocking. But I do love his Z-mech.

Planet

This Thursday is going to be magnificent. I just hope there is another legendary chomper to unlock that is reachable for me. Not going to put hundreds of hours or euros into the first game just to get the unicorn (level 77 now). :|

Maledict

From the Faq,
"You will be able to play co-operatively with a friend online, but it will not be split screen."

Which is a shame - we were thinking about buying it in my group and just running the 4 player defense missions across two PS4s, but that isn't possible.

MrBlonde

Are the character abilities the same for every character? I've levelled a few to 5 and they've all just got the faster health regen perk. That seems abit sucky if so, I swear the first game had different ones for different classes?
I am also curious about this, I got 2 characters to level 5 and that was my first ability for both. Also wondering if u need to prestige to unlock all abilities since the first one was not u till level 5

Lucifon

I am a huge fan of the original and even though it was budget priced I would've been happy paying the full £40 / $60 based on the amount of time and enjoyment I got out of it. The price of this new game doesn't matter.

However I didn't really feel the beta; too much happening on screen, not a fan of the colour palette and I think the introduction of these hero characters detracts from the game.

Maybe i'll get it in a sale later in the year.

Trust me. I hated the beta. Far too hectic and messy. Played a few matches then uninstalled it and wrote the game off. Now here I am with 0 minutes left on the 10hr EA Access trial impatiently waiting til Thursday. They slowed many of the characters down, it makes it feel just like GW1 but much more fleshed out.

JonnyKong

Keep doing quests, one completed quest adds a notch towards a multiplier.

Cheers dude.

One more thing, what happens when you get to rank 10? You just prestige? It's hard to know if I should just stick to one character and keep ranking him up, or trying out different ones.

I've been trying to rank up a bog standard imp who's now on level 8, but I've just unlocked a cool costume for him which has taken me all the way back down to rank 1 :(

Cheers dude.

One more thing, what happens when you get to rank 10? You just prestige? It's hard to know if I should just stick to one character and keep ranking him up, or trying out different ones.

I've been trying to rank up a bog standard imp who's now on level 8, but I've just unlocked a cool costume for him which has taken me all the way back down to rank 1 :(

Yeah, very much so.

I'm gonna level them up to 5x Prestige and then move on to a different character, might as well. Remember once you hot the 2x XP, you can almost rank them up to 10 in 2 full G&G games.

Bessy67

Yeah, very much so.

I'm gonna level them up to 5x Prestige and then move on to a different character, might as well. Remember once you hot the 2x XP, you can almost rank them up to 10 in 2 full G&G games.
What (if anything) do you get for Prestiging?

Edit: Nevermind, it's in the OP.

JonnyKong

Wow, I really need to work on my multiplier because it feels like it's taking me ages to rank up at the moment. I haven't played a G and G yet. I did try this morning, but it was just me and one other guy, so I left.

Yeah, very much so.

CaLe

If I get this on PC, I guess it's safe to assume the population will be really low compared to consoles ? How did PvZ 1 fare ?

MrBlonde

you can unlock exp. modifiers?
What are these xp modifiers? How? I want to use multiple characters but feels like it will take forever ranking every character and variant up

Edit: single player quests? I've done a few and didn't notice this, I've done rose and corn, maybe I'm missing something I'll have to look tonight

bombshell

What are these xp modifiers? How? I want to use multiple characters but feels like it will take forever ranking every character and variant up

Edit: single player quests? I've done a few and didn't notice this, I've done rose and corn, maybe I'm missing something I'll have to look tonight

Check the quest board. There's quests for both co-op and MP modes and by completing 5 quests you move up one xp multiplier level. Image from the OP:

myp0QQG.png

MrBlonde

Check the quest board. There's quests for both co-op and MP modes and by completing 5 quests you move up one xp multiplier level. Image from the OP:

myp0QQG.png
Cool thanks, looks like it lasts a limited amount of time but I will definitely check it out and see how long it lasts

myp0QQG.png

Do you have any idea what causes the multiplier to go down? During the Beta I didn't ever see it go down and figured it was just disabled. Since it is on daily quests I thought maybe it would be reset every couple of days or maybe weekly?

taco543

Good that's what I thought, seems like the 75k packs are the way to go for now till I get a bunch of variants. In the old game I focused on the 20k packs since u needed those for upgrades
On the live stream the devs were talking about which is better saving up and buying character packs or just buying the lesser packs and getting pieces and they said they recommend lesser packs. That being said imma probably buy the character packs because I want all variants lol

Do you have any idea what causes the multiplier to go down? During the Beta I didn't ever see it go down and figured it was just disabled. Since it is on daily quests I thought maybe it would be reset every couple of days or maybe weekly?
In the dev stream they said it's each day you don't login and play

Top Bottom