• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 IOTI 60 Brains Per Second, 1080 Pea

Lucifon

Yep, plants having an assault mode would have been enough for me. Plus theres so many characters now!

Sucks no one is online right now, just got 1v2d by some damned plants!!!
Guessing you're on PC? I've preordered digitally but as far as I know there's no way in to tricking it to let me play early :( Thursday in the UK...

TI82

Banned
Guessing you're on PC? I've preordered digitally but as far as I know there's no way in to tricking it to let me play early :( Thursday in the UK...

Yep on pc

Goddammit the rose is so powerful. If every round the top players are the rose with 5+ vanquishes each you know there's a problem

I've yet to see a match where the Zombies actually win. This is really weird since the Zombies were a bit overpowered in the previous game. And I think it all comes down to the Rose. Supposedly her weapon is weak in that it can only do up to 10 damage and fire's slowly, but in my experience this isn't the case. She fires extremely fast and still has homing which means she can just spray and spray and spray. Mixed with her gravity spell it is a disaster, especially when her range is so wide.

So the Rose needs to be toned down a bit in terms of attack speed and range. She's supposedly a support class yet she is currently the plants strongest offense lol.

Kernel Corn is supposedly the assault zombie class of the plants. Yet he moves so slowly that he is more like a goalie! class, but without the health bonus or slowing power. Either a speed boost or a health boost would be nice for him.

Just got the end of a match where you got vanquish master with 60 kills. Nicely done. :)

I barely used rose in the beta but she seems so incredibly powerful. I was thinking of trying to main the sunflower as a plant but might have to split time with the rose as well.

Thank you

Thanks for watching everyone!

Lulubop

Yep on pc

Goddammit the rose is so powerful. If every round the top players are the rose with 5+ vanquishes each you know there's a problem

I've yet to see a match where the Zombies actually win. This is really weird since the Zombies were a bit overpowered in the previous game. And I think it all comes down to the Rose. Supposedly her weapon is weak in that it can only do up to 10 damage and fire's slowly, but in my experience this isn't the case. She fires extremely fast and still has homing which means she can just spray and spray and spray. Mixed with her gravity spell it is a disaster, especially when her range is so wide.

So the Rose needs to be toned down a bit in terms of attack speed and range. She's supposedly a support class yet she is currently the plants strongest offense lol.

Kernel Corn is supposedly the assault zombie class of the plants. Yet he moves so slowly that he is more like a goalie! class, but without the health bonus or slowing power. Either a speed boost or a health boost would be nice for him.

Really? Peas seemed to be by far the best class in gw1 tho I wasn't to-to into the metax

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
So you can split screen with bots. I know this much. Can you split screen and still play with or against people?

hydruxo

It's just the homing that is ridiculous with Rose. You don't even have to aim with Rose right now, you just spam bullets in someones general vicinity and magically get vanquishes. Get rid of that and nerf the dmg a couple ticks and she'll be fine. I'm okay with arcane enigma lasting as long as it does.

Some guy even made a video where he purposely screwed with his camera while aiming and still got a 13 killstreak. It's insane.

-MD-

It's just the homing that is ridiculous with Rose. You don't even have to aim with Rose right now, you just spam bullets in someones general vicinity and magically get vanquishes. Get rid of that and nerf the dmg a couple ticks and she'll be fine. I'm okay with arcane enigma lasting as long as it does.

Some guy even made a video where purposely screwed with his camera while aiming and still got a 13 killstreak. It's insane.

Videos like that make me wonder if developers even play test their games.

MMaRsu

Banned

Some guy even made a video where purposely screwed with his camera while aiming and still got a 13 killstreak. It's insane.

Its kinda crazy but a 13 killstreak aint nothing, looks like he was playing against noobs too.

Is this pc only or?

Qwark

Is there a time limit for the loyalty program? I want to grind GW1 more to go up a level but I don't want to end up missing it completely.

Edit: Derp, I have till 2017, good to know.

vypek

Is there a time limit for the loyalty program? I want to grind GW1 more to go up a level but I don't want to end up missing it completely.

Early 2017 I believe. I think someone has an exact date.

EDIT: Nevermind, you got it lol

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member

One year. I think this was stupid. I spent months in mid 70s cause leveling didn't seem all that important. I even have full GS for this game as well. All I did was play my favorite characters and not grind challenges. I'm 101 right now, but I don't know if I'll ever make it to 313.

Brings me many frowny faces that a unique character is locked behind this. It is what it is I suppose.

TI82

Banned
Really? Peas seemed to be by far the best class in gw1 tho I wasn't to-to into the metax

i don't play to the meta or whatever I just played a lot, solider was best. The General being my favorite since nearly infinite clips. Plants were always really underpowered.

Now that rose is way too much. Homing needs to go lol

suikodan

How does it work for the loyalty bonus? Per platform or via an Origin account?

My son's GW1 progress is on PC and we're getting GW2 on PS4 so it would be fun of the progress would follow...

TI82

Banned
How does it work for the loyalty bonus? Per platform or via an Origin account?

My son's GW1 progress is on PC and we're getting GW2 on PS4 so it would be fun of the progress would follow...

via Origin, i played GW1 on PS4 and it transferred to PC. Only thing youll notice is that your accessories don't carry over and a few classes like the chester and the berry dont come over

r3n4ud

Preordered on pc, but quite bummed there's no local coop. Would have been nice if they included it as well :/

Ah well, still looking forward to playing tomorrow.

dcelw540

via Origin, i played GW1 on PS4 and it transferred to PC. Only thing youll notice is that your accessories don't carry over and a few classes like the chester and the berry dont come over
Wait your accessories don't come over to the 2nd game :(

One year. I think this was stupid. I spent months in mid 70s cause leveling didn't seem all that important. I even have full GS for this game as well. All I did was play my favorite characters and not grind challenges. I'm 101 right now, but I don't know if I'll ever make it to 313.

Brings me many frowny faces that a unique character is locked behind this. It is what it is I suppose.

The entirety of the challenge system in GW1 was hot garbage. I thought about grinding it out to 313 but then when I went back to GW1 and remembered the challenges, there is just no way to do it and keep my sanity. With GW2 doing the straight up XP, I can't even think about touching GW1 again.

Really wanted that Unicorn as well.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
The entirety of the challenge system in GW1 was hot garbage. I thought about grinding it out to 313 but then when I went back to GW1 and remembered the challenges, there is just no way to do it and keep my sanity. With GW2 doing the straight up XP, I can't even think about touching GW1 again.

Really wanted that Unicorn as well.

I really do want to try to hit 313. I wish there was a guide to make this an easier process.

BlackHeron

Neo Member
The game is awesome guys.
If you love yourself a deep, colorful and fun shooter, this is a title that you should buy.
I love the amount of characters, customization, and the detail that goes into eveything (maps, models, animations).
Put 10 hours into the PC version and now downloading the PS4 one.

By the way, made a video about Rose, with some suggestions for Popcap.
Have no doubts she will be nerfed soon.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmHUgeTPRE

Bessy67

So is this up on Xbox One? I thought I heard it was but when I try and play it I get an error message that says it can't start the game for some reason. Is my install messed up and I have to download again?

JonnyKong

So is this up on Xbox One? I thought I heard it was but when I try and play it I get an error message that says it can't start the game for some reason. Is my install messed up and I have to download again?

Xbox Live is currently down it looks like, in particular for digitally bought games.

TI82

Banned
I didn't play the beta but when half the enemy team is rose and they just sit in front of your spawn area it's pretty disheartening. I've yet to see anything past the first goal in the snow level lol.

MMaRsu

Banned
The game is awesome guys.
If you love yourself a deep, colorful and fun shooter, this is a title that you should buy.
I love the amount of characters, customization, and the detail that goes into eveything (maps, models, animations).
Put 10 hours into the PC version and now downloading the PS4 one.

By the way, made a video about Rose, with some suggestions for Popcap.
Have no doubts she will be nerfed soon.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmHUgeTPRE

Where are u downloading the ps4 version? Its not up in eu or us right

DJ_Lae

My daughter has been consistently coming home from kindergarten with videogame drawings the last few weeks - started with Viva Pinata and Minecraft and then Unravel, and now Garden Warfare 2 (she didn't know how to spell Garden Warfare so she only included the 2).

YfxoMc9.jpg

Unfortunately we've been out of trial since yesterday and tomorrow (and splitscreen) can't come soon enough.

I love her rendition of Pops Corn.

Cynn

My daughter has been consistently coming home from kindergarten with videogame drawings the last few weeks - started with Viva Pinata and Minecraft and then Unravel, and now Garden Warfare 2 (she didn't know how to spell Garden Warfare so she only included the 2).

YfxoMc9.jpg

Unfortunately we've been out of trial since yesterday and tomorrow (and splitscreen) can't come soon enough.

I love her rendition of Pops Corn.

I like how the Zombies near Rose have frowns. lol

Yaari

Any classes you just can't get anything done with? I hate the Scientist. I just keep dieing, and I seen plenty of people do well with him, so it has to be me that sucks.

Corn is a lot of fun though. Great skills. Not sure what the bags of corn do that he throws though.

TI82

Banned
Any classes you just can't get anything done with? I hate the Scientist. I just keep dieing, and I seen plenty of people do well with him, so it has to be me that sucks.

Corn is a lot of fun though. Great skills. Not sure what the bags of corn do that he throws though.

Scientist has always been tough for me too

TI82

Banned
It calls a sort of corn air strike where it lands if I remember from the beta.

Edit: Or a butter air strike I think.

First version drops like 5 or 6 slightly strong corn missiles in a line. The second version drops a giant butter bomb.

SiDCrAzY

According to the PvsZ Wiki both versions are butter. The Cactus garlic drone is the one with the corn strike. I haven't played it since the beta so I can't back up the Wiki, but they have pics and everything.

I didn't realize the "bag" you're dropping is a potato. Makes sense for it to be butter.

Top Bottom