• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream: "Some great news coming in January!"

F4r0_Atak

Both amazing, don't listen to the haters here.

I guess I made a mistake when I wrote this... what I meant is that I already bought, played and kept those games. Thing is... if I didn't play those games (in the first place), I would have most likely bought them to play them... you know.

Never played Beyond two souls... Is the sotry better then Heavy Rain? Cause man, the gameplay didnt bother me but the story was like those stupid movies with a plot that is supposed to shock you and lacks any kind of logic. Anyway, is Beyond two souls also a story in that genre, with a crazy 'holy shit' plot?

F4r0_Atak

Never played Beyond two souls... Is the sotry better then Heavy Rain? Cause man, the gameplay didnt bother me but the story was like those stupid movies with a plot that is supposed to shock you and lacks any kind of logic. Anyway, is Beyond two souls also a story in that genre, with a crazy 'holy shit' plot?

Well... the way they tackled story in Beyond Two Souls is completely different to the way they did it with Heavy Rain. In HR, the narrative felt a bit more structured (in some ways), followed each of the characters until the end (if possible), some times with a few flashbacks here and there (to piece some of the events together), and then reach the epitome/climax of the story to reveal/or not, the identity of the main antagonist.

Although, in B2S, at first it looks all over the place... like a collection of stored memories and what not (traumas). And through the whole game, you "navigate" through these different events until you reach the very end of it. Not matter what is your approach, the ending will certainly not be a wannabe WTF? moment like in HR.

I would love a Beyond Port. I'd love an HR port as well

Many are asking for a collection of both.

So is the gameplay patchable? I know people had issue with it.. can it be patched/revised to make it a better game? Or is this just a visual upgrade?

nawwafh

Enough with the remasters BS..like seriously..games were already in HD last gen..
Just let them use their resources to make a new game..

thelastword

Banned
Enough with the remasters BS..like seriously..games were already in HD last gen..
Just let them use their resources to make a new game..
I'm sure they are working on a new game, I doubt it will be ready for 2015 either. If we can get Beyond or Heavy Rain or preferably the two of them in an 1080p 60fps package, I don't see what the problem is.

These two games will look especially better with enhanced textures and better framerates. They were great looking games which will look better and play better. There's a whole different audience on the PS4, persons who have never experienced these games too. If you're not interested, I'm sure you won't buy.

Putty

I'd jump on Beyond. Tried the demo b4 I got shot of the PS3 which intrigued me. Playing through HR again? Not so sure, but if bundled together then id have no choice 8)

nawwafh

I'm sure they are working on a new game, I doubt it will be ready for 2015 either. If we can get Beyond or Heavy Rain or preferably the two of them in an 1080p 60fps package, I don't see what the problem is.

These two games will look especially better with enhanced textures and better framerates. They were great looking games which will look better and play better. There's a whole different audience on the PS4, persons who have never experienced these games too. If you're not interested, I'm sure you won't buy.

I just feel like remasters actually do require effort too..
y not just use that effort in the new game and perfecting it.. rather than..IMO at least.. wasting those resources..

Gries

On the one hand I'm sick of all those remasters (give me something new!), but on the other hand we're talking about 'Beyond: Two Souls' here aka 'the best new IP of 2013'.

Also, Ellen Paige is a cheap rip off of Ellie. Right down to being gay and everything.
Oh no, you didn't
tumblr_m6f95hcLOq1rri87i.gif

Gries

"It's very, very exciting; something different from Beyond and Heavy Rain.
Building on the same grounds but in a very, very different way."

- David Cage about Quantic Dream's first PS4 game

sry about the double post

-SD-

Banned
I can't wait to see what they've managed to do with PS4 now that they've had more time with the machine.

The Dark Sorcerer uses a modified PS3 engine quickly put together to demo PS4 at events and still looks incredible. I'd even say revolutionary, and I'm a PC gamer through and through.

Wasp

If it is Beyond: Two Souls for PS4 I hope it's a directors cut version rather than just a straight up 1080p port. I'd like to see the story told in a much more chronological order, but still with occasional flashback levels but viewed as as proper flashbacks (also in chronological order) placed at appropriate moments. Beyond felt so random with the order in which the story is told.

Also one thing which really hurt Beyond and also Heavy Rain is the loading screens between sections. It really breaks the immersion and is the most gamey aspect of an otherwise cinematic experience.

Considering Quantic Dream are so intent on delivering film-like games they should really invest in developing an engine that masks loading behind the cutscenes, like Naughty Dog do.

Percy

Banned
I'd be interested in seeing Beyond's tech running at 1080p with a decent framerate I guess if nothing else. Game looked really striking on PS3, but it was clearly way too much for the hardware to handle.

Gotta be Beyond Two Souls PS4.

I really hope that most of these studios have smaller teams working on the remasters while bigger teams are cooking up future releases.

I don't like Beyond Two Souls. And while I watched it on Youtube, I can't see a transplant to PS4 helping it in any significant way.

I mean, I like the style of Cage's games, but all the while he's writing this weird ass shit, I don't think they'll be any good.

thelastword

Banned
y not just use that effort in the new game and perfecting it.. rather than..IMO at least.. wasting those resources..
Well, look at it this way. It's only a port, these don't take much time, the engine they're using for the new game is an enhanced version of what they used on the PS3 games originally. I'm sure they will learn a lot in the 6 months it takes them to port this and will only benefit the new game as a result.

QD's engines are always future proof as it is, so they have the means to deliver probably the best remaster you'll see yet. I really want to play these games at 1080p with smoking IQ, these games deserve it.

Stanng243

They do require some effort. They also allow the company to learn more about the system. Which allows them to make a better game the next time.

Quantic Dream is happy to announce that CHRISTOPHER SCHMITZ has joined our studio as PRODUCTION DIRECTOR, a new position within our studio.

In 22 years of game development experience, Chris has worked in programming and production roles with a strong focus on management. Before joining QD, he spent close to eight years at Ubisoft Blue Byte where he was Director of Product Development supervising the 280 men strong development unit and being the executive producer of several Ubisoft IPs.
Besides his production roles Chris has been giving lectures about project management at various Universities in Germany. He holds an MBA degree in International Management from Liverpool John Moores University in the UK.

"We are very happy to welcome such a well-versed professional, said co-CEO and Executive Producer Guillaume de Fondaumière. Chris will be working in close collaboration with David Cage and myself, with the ambition to make our studio evolve into a next generation game development powerhouse. Our projects are very ambitious and innovative and we are looking for the industry's best professionals to bolster and lead our team."

“It is a pleasure and an honor to work for one of the most renowned AAA game development studios in Europe, said Chistopher Schmitz. Due to QD track record and experience in the creation of benchmark products it was just a perfect and natural choice for me!”

They posted this on facebook, so I guess there is one more suprise for this month?.

Stay put for other exciting news this month/this year!

RyoonZ

Banned
Remaster is inevitable, I hope they do both Heavy Rain and Beyond though. Not really have any urge to replay if they did only one of them.

For their next game I hope they do comedy or at least put some comedy in the game, the PS4 tech demo was really well done in that department. And a little wish of mine for them to cast Michael Rooker for their next game, I've been on Walking Dead craze since I finished both season of Telltale's game and watched the entire series from season one to the latest episode. Merle Dixon is my favorite character, I love the way he talk in the show, it always bring me smile. Also recently watched Guardian of the Galaxy and really liked his performance in the movie as well, so I really hope to see more of him in a game or something lol.

silXPHR.jpg

formerly production manager in Ubisoft? I'm not sure how to take this news. Ubisoft indeed have great productivity with how they're able to produce Assassin Creed game annually and so many other open world game IP too which is usually very expensive to make. but on the other hand, all those games have very similar structure that I've seen some people are calling Ubisoft out from this.

how will this affect QD?

Alec

Remaster is inevitable, I hope they do both Heavy Rain and Beyond though. Not really have any urge to replay if they did only one of them.

For their next game I hope they do comedy or at least put some comedy in the game, the PS4 tech demo was really well done in that department. And a little wish of mine for them to cast Michael Rooker for their next game, I've been on Walking Dead craze since I finished both season of Telltale's game and watched the entire series from season one to the latest episode. Merle Dixon is my favorite character, I love the way he talk in the show, it always bring me smile. Also recently watched Guardian of the Galaxy and really liked his performance in the movie as well, so I really hope to see more of him in a game or something lol.

silXPHR.jpg
There's always Survival Instinct.

formerly production manager in Ubisoft? I'm not sure how to take this news. Ubisoft indeed have great productivity with how they're able to produce Assassin Creed game annually and so many other open world game IP too which is usually very expensive to make. but on the other hand, all those games have very similar structure that I've seen some people are calling Ubisoft out from this.

how will this affect QD?

Not much. Project management means he helps keep the leash and ensure deadlines are met.

People of his role only deeply affects projects when he's forced to intervene into a project behind schedule.

Top Bottom