• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break first Review by Jim Sterling

Love remedy games , loved Alan wake so have hopes for a good story but just not a fan of the whole Tv show angle.

Do we know how long each episode is ? Can we pause them?

I'm still curious to see how the live-action parts of the game play out. At least Remedy stuck with it after Microsoft's withdrawal of its entertainment plans, and if it doesn't turn out great, then the LA segments were an interesting experiment.

nib95

Banned
Fairly decent review, though I do find it slightly lacking in content and depth. Solid score. I suspect it will be very well received overall, though not everyone is likely to enjoy the live action stuff, nor the stark break up in pacing it ushers. Got my pre-order in already, looking forward to playing it.

usp84

Hmm i expected this game to score 90+ but maybe i was wrong by a bit.Seems like some things like live action TV SHOW will cut some points from it.

Why are reviewers always forgetting one of the most important parts? Length and replay value. This is a linear third person cover shooter for 70$. I need this info or I'm not going to buy it.

Theorry

Hmm i expected this game to score 90+ but maybe i was wrong by a bit.Seems like some things like live action TV SHOW will cut some points from it.

There are 2 reviews out. One who is deleted now and one wich is abit weird.
But expecting a linear SP shooter to score 9.0+ overall is abit to much i think. Nowadays.

Why are reviewers always forgetting one of the most important parts? Length and replay value. This is a linear third person cover shooter for 70$. I need this info or I'm not going to buy it.

There are different paths as I heard, but I don't know if that changes much to replay the game.

As I grew up and earn my money to buy new games, I don't care about replay value to be honest.

Pretty much the score I expected for another 3rd person shooter, even if QB's not doing anything really new, Remedy always make decent enough games.

SomTervo

Sometimes a single playthrough of an excellent experience is all you need to get your money's worth.

I am expecting mixed reviews much like The Order as replayability and length could be a real issue for some sites.

I think The Order is an especially short and unreplayable example, though. It's rare (i cant think of a single other example) you get a TPS experience that truncated.

Every other Remedy game has been pretty long, with a good amount of gameplay, and a solid amount of replayability.

todahawk

Because many sites seem to treat embargoes like deadlines. Usually it is a race to get the review up on time to meet the embargo (when it may be better just to wait scribe a better review). Due to the early delivery of review code for this one (weeks ahead of time), and the likelihood that many review already written, many places must be like kids with a cookie hovering over the publish button.

And the award for this week's most bizarre analogy goes to...

c0de

It looks like the TV stuff didn't add anything to the experience more like actually hurt it. Not really surprised though, they should have used the old fashioned animated CG.

Huh? The text seems to say the direct opposite.

Jim: You haven't had any other missing time incidents as I seem to remember you mentioned in one of your Jimpression videos that you woke up and thought it was 10:00am but it was 4:00pm...

BeeDog

Yet another game where the story seemingly fizzles out towards the end if we only go by Jim's review thus far. I am seriously starting to be fed up by games being too front-loaded in every sense of the word. I mean, sure, the "journey" itself is usually very rewarding, but the true top-tier games are those that don't have squandered endings.

Devs, pleeeeeeeease start prioritizing the end-games, it's important to wrap up stories in a satisfactory way.

Top Bottom