• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gamersyde preview. HQ gameplay inside.

CHC

I can't even deal with it, this footage looks so good. It's not just the graphics, it's the actual shooting, the way the enemies move when they're hit, and the general quality of all the animations and physics. Really incredible.

My Chromebook can't even handle the 60 FPS video haha...

No, 30fps with dips and some tearing in the first two acts. Verdict is still out on the later chapters which are more hectic by and large.

Why don't you tell us what your narrative really is. You obviously want people to think badly of this game.

Bad luck, the game speaks wonders over your comments

The gameplay actually turned me off to this the slow mo head shot every 5 secs is just annoying and honestly it does look good but not mind blowing kinda reminded me of second son

Man I want the game to be good, I really do, as I love Remedy. But the gameplay seems so boring. :|

Edit: actually it's a mixed bag, some portions look really cool to play. The animations are top notch!

Game looks fantastic. Great to see some positivity towards the game after the DF thread. Will be interesting to see if the effects of the day 1 patch on the visuals of the game. From the gamersyde video it looks fantastic, resolution be damned.

Will be a long wait to play this game; unfortunately exams loom over my head.

Alienous

The gameplay actually turned me off to this the slow mo head shot every 5 secs is just annoying and honestly it does look good but not mind blowing kinda reminded me of second son

The slow-motion is meant to be for the final kill in a combat scenario. I noticed that too in the Twitch footage but it's probably because they're easing you into combat; they have to kill one person, then two, etc.

It probably won't be a problem beyond the tutorial level where enemies probably won't come in waves of two.

It's nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but it's fitting really nicely on the narrative and doesn't seem like a filler that you'd like to skip.

Yeah I agree. And being them quite action-filled too has been a surprise, I thought I would have gone through endelss dialog scenes. I actually found them pretty good, they definitely add dept to the story.

The slow-motion is meant to be for the final kill in a combat scenario. I noticed that too in the Twitch footage but it's probably because they're easing you into combat; they have to kill one person, then two, etc.

It probably won't be a problem beyond the tutorial level where enemies probably won't come in waves of two.

See now this makes sense im ok with it being like an everything is clear type thing i thought it was just happening randomly. Ill have to wait for more impressions from gaf honestly it just isnt jumping at me just yet.

aravuus

lSV5GTh.gif

I've been a bit harsh on the game before, but yeah, the effects do look pretty crazy.

Gameplay-wise... Not sure, I'm really not that much into SP third-person shooters. But if it is as dynamic as I've been led to believe, I'll give it a try sooner or later.

EagleEyes

Why don't you tell us what your narrative really is. You obviously want people to think badly of this game.

Bad luck, the game speaks wonders over your comments
Don't give him the time of day. Everybody with half a brain knows he has an agenda so lets just ignore him and maybe he will go away lol.

Alienous

Not to shit up the thread but I'm assuming Quantum Break handles its 720p like Ryse handled its 900p. I only vaguely know what I'm talking about but it doesn't look like it's outputting at 720, as that would leave the console to upscale to 1080p, which would cause jaggies. So I guess it produces a 720p image then internally upscales and applies anti-aliasing for a framebuffer native 1080p, whatever that means. Does that sound right?

Anyway it looks good, if a bit soft.

Raylan

Banned
Game looks fantastic. Great to see some positivity towards the game after the DF thread. Will be interesting to see if the effects of the day 1 patch on the visuals of the game. From the gamersyde video it looks fantastic, resolution be damned.

Will be a long wait to play this game; unfortunately exams loom over my head.
I thought we already got a reply on this:
There is no big patch. We (Remedy) have never said said so. There is a Title Update, the reviewers already have access to that and also the list of what it fixes. Mostly bugfixes, some UI changes, localisation improvements and improved load times.

Not to shit up the thread but I'm assuming Quantum Break handles its 720p like Ryse handled its 900p. I only vaguely know what I'm talking about but it doesn't look like it's outputting at 720, as that would leave the console to upscale to 1080p, which would cause jaggies. So I guess it produces a 720p image then internally upscales and applies anti-aliasing for a framebuffer native 1080p, whatever that means. Does that sound right?
Yeah, that's probably something like that. Interface elements look absolutely sharp at 1080, so that sure isn't outputting at 720. But frankly there are in-game elements who don't look 720 to me too, so I don't know. Even DF said they saw 720p hints but aren't completely sure about it. However the game looks great, and that's what matters most.

Remedy mixing things up so much that even DF don't even know what they are doing lol

From what I saw, the game definitely has the soft look of an upscaled image, but the difference is that it is very clean, without the usual jaggies and detail killing feel of a low resolution render, whatever Remedy did to preserve image quality is black magic.

After watching the Gamersyde videos... damn the IQ of this game is really bad.. The gameplay looks ok.. nothing mind blowing just ok..

Angel_DvA

The game itself doesn't look that good but the time effects just look insane !! Can't wait to play it, hope the PC port is decent.

Looks like other previews, Gamersyde are dissapointed about the graphics overall and I agree 100%, we need to see the PC version running too.

I love us as a generation of gamers that judge a games gameplay on a video. We are all guilty of it. I have done it but when you get those games that just click when your actually playing. That's what I love. I hope qb is like that

xion4360

seriously cars can just be bumped around like that? I hope they patch out those weird things that shouldn't happen, like lights showing through walls, shooting through solid objects and the bad LOD on trees.

Aside from that the game looks great despite the low resolution, excited to see how it all turns out.

OsirisBlack

Banned
This is an odd one not really digging the overall graphics but think the effects are absolutely amazing. Some of the distortion effects and the rippling of floors and walls looks unbelievable.

I'm not impressed by the visuals but the effects are pretty damn good. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long into April to be able to play the game.

DryvBy

I didn't care for Alan Wake so I haven't paid much attention to this. But this looks pretty good. Screen tearing is the worst offender to me. That might be the hold up unless they put this on Steam.

Angel_DvA

that look terrible lol... I'm not sure if people are serious or trolling with the graphics looking good, it's really under expectations besides the time effects, the gameplay looks pretty average too and the physics of the environment has no weight into it... on this two points, it's a failure.

b5bd09e6f25f0dd53b48943a142ae90d.jpg

Hmm Thats not the information I have. Need to go back and look at my notes. Definitely haven got an update. Odd. Did that go live at the same time. I see notes saying patch is End of this week? Though title updates are indeed...patches

It says "downloads" in your main menu right? That means you have the TU.

So you have downloaded the game after the TU came out, which means it's automatically included and there is no separate TU download. Which is nice.

Karak

that look terrible lol...

LOL admittedly he looks hilarious in that pic.

So you have downloaded the game after the TU came out, which means it's automatically included and there is no separate TU download. Which is nice.

I am not at my machine so I have no clue. The email says its coming out Friday, so I am assuming thats just some kind of mistake as its a massive PR email, but I removed my preview video anyway just to make sure that doesn't give people the wrong idea.
FYI I actually got a second email after the original stating it was being updated separately as well. lol
Thanks for the clarification!

gamz

that look terrible lol... I'm not sure if people are serious or trolling with the graphics looking good, it's really under expectations besides the time effects, the gameplay looks pretty average too and the physics of the environment has no weight into it... on this two points, it's a failure.

That is funny. Looks great in motion though.

Although download isn't really available :( I guess it is provided in the format of a DLC that doesn't exist in the store system yet?

Top Bottom