• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gamersyde preview. HQ gameplay inside.

DOWN

Banned
Not sure if already posted, but Remedy denies there being a graphical update incoming:

t3XLLGY.png

Zedox

31eebc8f94505b7f9df3d4619a55a97a.png

From downloaded video (You can see the film grain, well at least I can probably cuz I watched it a couple times)

0raxKmc.png

Ricky_R

The distortion effect is so pleasing to look at. Looks damn good.

I wonder if it's just a superficial effect or if the environments are actually being deconstructed in little pieces. Looks great either way.

That look better but still, the game is really average looking, the IQ in general is pretty bad even if the cut-scenes looks way better, it below expectations and it's probably the fault of the engine, now the game could be great so i'm waiting like others to see how the game will turn at the end, Remedy always delivered so there is no reason to doubt them for now.

If that's average to you....well....I can probably name 10 games with character models like this off the top of my head. That's not average lol

Omg we are zooming in on a characters head now. This is amazing lol

ElRenoRaven

If that's average to you....well....I can probably name 10 games with character models like this off the top of my head. That's not average lol

Personally I'm enjoying the show. I always laugh at these graphics wars. Some people's idea of shitty graphics are insane. It makes for a fun read watching them try to argue about why such and such game is a graphical travesty and should be burned at the stake.

Angel_DvA

Ok last time I talked about visuals because it's not what make a game only and I don't want to trash on the game cause I'm waiting it like crazy but I'm sorry, I really hate how it looks and I don't think it looks good at all, I'm not some kind of God which have truth on his words but it's how I feel about it, just look at this:

qb1rfshx.jpg

qb11epspx.jpg

qb8lcs7t.jpg

qb375sa9.jpg

I'm sorry, I really hate how it looks and I don't think it looks good at all, I'm not some kind of God which have truth on his words but it's how I feel about it, just look at this
Are you capable of spotting a motion-blurred image,right? For comparison, a static image from one of those areas:

9On9GCk.jpg

Watching the downloaded footage, not really impressed by the game graphically outside of the effects and cutscenes at all.

Have a GIF though:
qb1.gif

Ok last time I talked about visuals because it's not what make a game only and I don't want to trash on the game cause I'm waiting it like crazy but I'm sorry, I really hate how it looks and I don't think it looks good at all, I'm not some kind of God which have truth on his words but it's how I feel about it, just look at this:

qb1rfshx.jpg

qb11epspx.jpg

qb8lcs7t.jpg

qb375sa9.jpg

Ok man I appreciate your opinion. I admit the screens you are showing here are not incredible. Lets wait until we play it and see the bridge section etc. :) ANy game can look bad under the right circumstances.

shandy706

Still looks average to me, Infamous SS looks cleaner and better to me while being an open world.

You're sort of giving away that you don't understand everything happening on screen.

Heck, just the reflections on the floor with the stool are far more accurate and impressive than SS's offset fake reflections.

The way SS's reflections wouldn't be aligned correctly drove me nuts in screenshots.

Pushing so hard to downplay something you don't even understand is embarrassing.

This confirms my suspected. The IQ is bad...

Actually...I think you guys are really confused. The IQ is incredible for a "720p" (we're not sure yet) game. Show me any major Aliasing in those images. There's some kind of "black magic" going on to hide it. Those are some really clean shots. Even though I don't care for film grain. There's a lot of post-processing mixed in there.

qb1rfshx.jpg

qb11epspx.jpg

qb8lcs7t.jpg

qb375sa9.jpg
This confirms my suspected. The IQ is bad...

qb410sxu.jpg

KORNdoggy

You're sort of giving away that you don't understand everything happening on screen.

Heck, just the reflections on the floor with the stool are far more accurate and impressive than SS's offset fake reflections.

The way SS's reflections wouldn't be aligned correctly drove me nuts in screenshots.

Pushing so hard to downplay something you don't even understand is embarrassing.

those are different. the offset cube mapped reflections only applied to the static world in SS (it's likely the case in QB too) the characters and objects however reflected using screen space reflections and those were not offset at all. the reflections are more impressive here though. but i do agree with his comparison with SS. it's definitely the vibe i get from the games visuals. even the wonky way he moves is similar.

Hawk269

This is early stuff too. I just finished the game last night... the debris and amount of graphical effects at once is sometimes just staggering. Just you wait.

May I ask how long it took you to finish the game? I have been keeping in the dark a little on this game, just curious on the length of the game.

Who cares if its rendered at 720p. It looks good and hopefully plays well too. If you're truly concerned over the resolution of the game then play it on PC. We know these $300-400 boxes aren't mystery machines with secret sauce so it shouldnt be a surprise that a game with lofty expectations from a graphical standpoint will take a hit somewhere.

Genio88

You can try to throw shit on this game as much as you can, 720p, avarage graphics, zoom to a face in a screenshot taken from a video....It just looks awesome, way over the average i'm not saying it's the best graphics ever though it does look great, and those lights especially are over the top, can't wait to play it maxed out on PC where it will just be insane at 60fps. And that said, knowing Remedy, Max Payne and Alan Wake, graphics will be the least thing about this game compared to the gunplay and story/narration

Angel_DvA

This is early stuff too. I just finished the game last night... the debris and amount of graphical effects at once is sometimes just staggering. Just you wait.

It's interesting, can you tell us if we have many bridge scene on the game with all the slow mo cool stuff ? it's what I'm the most exited for, do you think the game had a good scenario too ?

Here's my question.

9467385668_3e1ac8a2d0_o.gif

Still in the game or gone?

Please don't answer this. Can we leave it till launch. Just buy the game and see for yourself :)

It's interesting, can you tell us if we have many bridge scene on the game with all the slow mo cool stuff ? it's what I'm the most exited for, do you think the game had a good scenario too ?

I would say it is in there, from what was implied

Yup, ... time to leave the thread.

I agree, Are those asking these questions buying the game?

zsynqx

You can try to throw shit on this game as much as you can, 720p, avarage graphics, zoom to a face in a screenshot taken from a video....It just looks awesome, way over the average i'm not saying it's the best graphics ever though it does look great, and those lights especially are over the top, can't wait to play it maxed out on PC where it will just be insane at 60fps. And that said, knowing Remedy, Max Payne and Alan Wake, graphics will be the least thing about this game compared to the gunplay and story/narration

Good post buddy :)

Here's my question.

9467385668_3e1ac8a2d0_o.gif

Still in the game or gone?

Wow that looks awesome. Where is that from ?

I can't see good tech in this game.

Remedy is all about narrative, Alan Wake is amazing in this departament. But this looks pretty bad.

Forget about Uncharted 4 guys, we don't know how the game runs (besides amazing PR things, and I believe ND will deliver that too), but for now Infamous looks much better, with lots of amazing particles and effects, not to mention.... it runs at 1080p and floaty 40 frames (First Light much more closer to 50 fps) and with an open enviroment.

I'm so sorry guys, poor image quality and impressive character models only in cutcenes (real time or not) is not what I call impressive.

If you guys don't like using Playstation Exclusives to compare games.... Ryse Son of Rome is almost 3 years old, and I was expecting something much better from Remedy by looking at the early footage from Quantum Break.

shandy706

those are different. the offset cube mapped reflections only applied to the static world in SS (it's likely the case in QB too) the characters and objects however reflected using screen space reflections and those were not offset at all. the reflections are more impressive here though. but i do agree with his comparison with SS. it's definitely the vibe i get from the games visuals. even the wonky way he moves is similar.

Yes, just pointing out that some folks seem to be commenting on something they don't understand at all. At least a little bit of knowledge would be good to carry into it. I don't know it all, but I can respect what I'm looking at.

Heck, the fact that the line between the second row of drawers in that shot is so clean is surprising. There's no aliasing at all there, despite what one would expect.

Maybe I should wait.

Don't answer that Slasher

Thanks dude.

I am on the exact same page

Actually...I think you guys are really confused. The IQ is incredible for a "720p" (we're not sure yet) game. Show me any major Aliasing in those images. There's some kind of "black magic" going on to hide it. Those are some really clean shots. Even though I don't care for film grain. There's a lot of post-processing mixed in there.
IQ is not only about aliasing... is the quality of the image as a whole, this game looks too blurry and ghosting sometimes, the grainy effect... etc etc. (BTW you can clearly see the aliasing in some images)

What madness has some suggesting the division looks better than this? There's just no way. This game's stunning visual effects, the cleanness to its overall visual presentation, the amazing lighting, the physics work, and let's not forget the incredible overall attention to detail.

And then the super stylish and fast paced gameplay that separates it from just about anything else out there right now, puts it over the top.

Genio88

What madness has some suggesting the division looks better than this? There's just no way. This game's stunning visual effects, the cleanness to its overall visual presentation, the amazing lighting, the physics work, and let's not forget the incredible overall attention to detail.

And then the super stylish and fast paced gameplay that separates it from just about anything else out there right now, puts it over the top.

Yep i completely agree, i played The Division on Xbox One and even on PC maxed out, still the video and screenshots of Quantum Break, even if not taken directly from the game, look way better than that in almost every aspect

Top Bottom