• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error announced for PS5 & PS4

Goliathy

Banned
kol-105kol.jpg

Nah. Thanks.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I wanted to post this!

I expect the developers will show case the PS5 version and the attempt at reflection and what not, looks bad in comparison to Series X Project Mara.
LOL we've seen too little of Project Mara to draw that conclusion. This game looks good but it's also not a 1st party game

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I wanted to post this!

I expect the developers will show case the PS5 version and the attempt at reflection and what not, looks bad in comparison to Series X Project Mara.

Grapically everything except Hellblade 2 looks bad in comparison to Project Mara. But I'm not a total graphics whore so I still think this game still looks interesting. I love SciFi and if it turns out to be a good game, I hope it eventually comes to the XsX.

Hobbygaming

Why are all these 3rd parties making PS5 console exclusives or they just can't talk about SEX yet?
I wonder if we'll see even more PS5 exclusives if the PS5 is easier to develop for. We know it's the easiest PlayStation console to develop for going from what Jim Ryan said

Lone Wolf

It’s a shame that PS4 will hold this game back. Shouldn’t this be on the Xbox platform? This game is not good enough for superior beings that own the PS5. Will it even sell one copy?

Last edited:

Keihart

If the trailer is gameplay, looks like VR

(it looks like VR because of the decoupling of head, gun and walking movement, usually this 3 are tied in a FPS, also, it doesn't look that good graphically....HL Alyx looks better and that can run on a 1060)

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I wanted to post this!

-Thread about upcoming PS4 & PS5 game
-Instantly comes in to console war with some XSX game

Get help. And also, hopefully banned.

Anyway. The trailer is clearly not in-game, at least not with actual gameplay, unless it really is a VR game but I doubt it. It's just exaggerated, cinematic movements for the trailer I assume.

Airbus Jr

Banned
-Thread about upcoming PS4 & PS5 game
-Instantly comes in to console war with some XSX game

Get help. And also, hopefully banned.

Anyway. The trailer is clearly not in-game, at least not with actual gameplay, unless it really is a VR game but I doubt it. It's just exaggerated, cinematic movements for the trailer I assume.

Same here im also confused why he bring project mara into this

I want to know what this game all about

Is it free to play or co-op does it have rpg elements or its open world or what?

But then the thread got derailed by longdi

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Same here im also confused why he bring project mara into this

I want to know what this game all about

Is it free to play or co-op does it have rpg elements or its open world or what?

But then the thread got derailed by longdi

I'd like to know more too, but they've just announced it from what I can tell. Hopefully there will be more info coming soon. Hopefully not ftp, I don't have much faith in the quality of those games.

Hobbygaming

Doubtful, SEX is EZ to develop as well and devs want to have as big an audience as possible
We already have 2 third party titles not coming to Xbox so far in Godfall and Quantum Error. Japan will mostly release their games only on PS5 too

McCheese

I hope saying "and PS5!!!" in the title isn't going to be some reoccurring indy-developer trick to get more hits on their videos, as nothing about that video was impressive from even a PS4 perspective. Alien Isolation had better corridors in 2014, and that Helicopter shadow on the water is fucking tragic.

The comments in the video also seem a bit odd, a ton of generic "Wow great graphics guys! ❤" comments, and nobody calling it out for looking nothing like a next-gen title? I'm calling shenanigans. Some of the comments are so auto-generated they just say "awesome content!" >_<

Last edited:
The beginning with the helicopter does but everything after that looks like a next gen game

Ehh... I disagree completely. The lighting is nothing to brag about in the footage. Idk why Sony is showing these indie 3rd party timed/console exclusives honestly. This is getting obnoxious and just absurd at this point. Can we please see a 1st party AAA title already please? Were 7 months away from launch.

Ehh... I disagree completely. The lighting is nothing to brag about in the footage. Idk why Sony is showing these indie 3rd party timed/console exclusives honestly. This is getting obnoxious and just absurd at this point. Can we please see a 1st party AAA title already please? Were 7 months away from launch.

For the most part, I agree with you.

Most of the footage we have seen so far from third party and/or cross-gen games is pretty "ehh..okay."

This game looks creepy, the textures look crisp, lighting looks solid. I am not blown away but it looks pretty good.

EliteSmurf

Sony has said nothing and showed nothing about this game . It was the developers who posted this .

Last edited:
Sony has said nothing and showed nothing about this game . It was the developers who posted this .

Ugh... you do realize though at the end of the day the developers need to ask for permission to showcase or announce title for a platformer holder first before they're even allowed to say a word right? Otherwise they'll get in bug trouble and possibly get sued for talking too soon due to ruining marketing plans and messing up the timing.

Doesn't mean if Sony said nothing said themselves. It still means they're allowing to market a game on their new system. What are you talking about? And by saying it's on PS5 Sony is now letting people know what the system will be bringing besides Godfall. So actually yes, Sony IS directly speaking about the PS5 and slowly revealing their titles to the audience by letting a developer show a cross gen game.

Last edited:

EliteSmurf

Ugh... you do realize though at the end of the day the developers need to ask for permission to showcase or announce title for a platformer holder first before they're even allowed to say a word right?

Doesn't mean if Sony said nothing said themselves. It still means they're allowing to market a game on their new system. What are you talking about? And by saying it's on PS5 Sony is now letting people know what the system will be bringing besides Godfall. So actually yes, Sony IS directly speaking about the PS5 and slowly revealing their titles to the audience by letting a developer show a cross gen game.
I doubt Sony is marketing the PS5 on Quantum Error lol from a small third party developer . Around E3 time we should be getting the bulk of both consoles launch lineup and thats where both bombs would be dropped like it always is.

Top Bottom