• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R2-D2 or BB-8?

What is best in life?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
On the one hand, R2 has been in 7 films, has an iconic design, a great personality and plays off of the annoying C-3PO really well. He's also extremely useful and usually saves the day by rushing into danger without a 2nd thought. Brave little guy
ohg2PqG.gif

On the other hand, BB-8 is so cute, endearing and you just want to give him a hug. Seems to have a lot of tricks up his sleeve too such as the
lighter thumbs up and stabilizing cords
for example. His run animation <3 He's basically a robotic cat <3

Ugh, having a hard time deciding. Both are the best Star Wars robots imo, with maybe General Grievous in 3rd place. I do feel BB-8 will reach R2 levels of adoration among fans in the next few films.

Which one do you prefer? Why?

2QTOItO.gif

Daingurse

I prefer BB-8, felt like it has more personality than R2-D2. Was surprising how much emotion it displayed for something so non-humanoid.

tauroxd

Why not both?

I loved BB-8 in every second of TFA that he was on screen, but I really missed R2D2 and was sad when he didn't reacted when BB-8 uncovered him.

Arnie7

Banned
Cuck Ball.

No but really BB8 is like the annoying cute little sibling everyone gushes over, while you're just last years model.

R2-D2. Maybe BB-8 will improve (for me) in the upcoming films. R2-D2 and C-3PO were important in the OT and did a lot more as characters such as in the first ilm, BB-8 seems to just exist because "you've gotta have a new robot to remake the OT experience". It's only been one film and BB-8 has done almost nothing, no way near the levels of R2-D2 yet. I'll see in two more films.

BB won. Sorry, R2 stans. R2 has about 1/4 of BB's personality and its clear they wanted him to have as much expression as a bot possibly could have. They knocked it out of the park.

deim0s

I'll go with BB-8 - probably because I saw R2 as a small fridge recently.

Ugh, having a hard time deciding. Both are the best Star Wars robots imo, with maybe General Grievous in 3rd place. I do feel BB-8 will reach R2 levels of adoration among fans in the next few films.

7nPIzZg.jpg

ZeroGravity

R2.

There's nothing special about BB-8. Like everything else in TFA, it's just a shallow copy of something that existed in A New Hope.

Eggbok

Kinda off topic but sorta related....
Is it just me or does Anakin not give a fuck about C3PO and loves the shit out of R2D2 even though he built C3PO?

lt519

BB-8 had our theater in stitches. The head allowed for a lot more emotions and the shape for a lot more action so I have to give it to BB-8 here.

no, she's actually a droid

A droid, yes, but the people who made the movie refer to BB-8 as 'he'.

“I’m still not sure, dare I say, whether BB-8 is male or female,” Scanlan says. “BB-8 was female in our eyes. And then he or she became male. And that’s all part of the evolution, not only visually, but in the way they move, how they hold themselves.”

EW notes that while it’s not clear a gender-type has ever been specified, but as of now everyone working on the movie calls BB-8 a “he.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom