• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racists Getting Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averon

Goddman, why are people so misinformed on what free of speech actually entails?

Where did this notion come from that freedom of speech means "I can say whatever shitty, "politically incorrect" opinion I want and not have to suffer any consequences!!"

Every time the topic about people having to deal with the consequences of their actions online, this argument pops up. They see freedom of speech as some all powerful get-out-of-jail card for their shitty behavior.

Raistlin

No, they do not.
People deserve to have separation.
If it is not a business website, and they are not posting on their work time and the site does not have business logos on it then no they do not have any right to know.
This kind of thing is a Pandora's Box.

Sure people deserve to have separation, but this isn't a case of where employers are asking for facebook, email, etc account information (a practice that was all over the news a few years back). Hell, it doesn't even appear to be a situation of where people in a closed circle (non-public facebook friends, etc) are ratting out other people and screen shotting the stuff to the employer.

These are known public posts for the world to see. With that comes some obvious repercussions. If you make something public that you wouldn't want certain people to see ... it's your fault if those certain people end up catching wind.

As an employer/supervisor/manager/etc, I'd certainly want to know about such things and it should impact their employment. They chose to make such things available.

This kind of thing will not change someone's mind, it will only make it worse.
Hate it or not people will have their opinions, let them die off and work harder to educate the younger generations
Except we know that doesn't work. These aren't elderly people in a vacuum. They have children, and nurture them to be racist. Sure, thankfully peers can help with this ... but the reality is many people hold onto values that were ingrained by their family throughout childhood.
As far as what most seem to define as "public" we will agree to disagree.
LOL

Twitter, by design, is a public platform. You don't have to be registered to read any and all tweets.

i don't feel sorry for them but that's not a practice i would support.

I have to agree. There's something about the practice that just bothers me.

Can't really say I agree with anything going on here. The racists or the tattlers

should people be fired for what they say outside work? Seems kind of wrong no matter how racist they are

I don't like racists, I don't like people who go out of their way to get others fired either.

While I do not agree with the idiots, this is pretty much horse shit.

Those people are shitheads, but going after them like that isn't something that I agree with. Person doing that is a shithead too.

I sort of feel ashamed that my initial reaction to this was "aww that seems cruel" and not "fuck those racist arsewipes to hell".

Obviously the second reaction is probably more fruitful. 21st century, motherfucker.

Yes these people are definitly going to look into themselves and question their beliefs, not double down on them now that they've been fired, helping fuel a persecution complex.

The problem is that this can easily backfire. They may not learn their lesson at all and may turn this into more hate.

I'm morally conflicted. Slight upward tug of corners of the mouth seem unavoidable. Not convinced this is best approach to ending rascism though.

I find the racists to be despicable, but going so far as to get them fired? Step too far, in my opinion.

The "Boys will be boys" mind set is ignoring them because of who they are. I'm not saying ignore them, I'm just saying other repercussions that can come up from doing something like this. Glad everyone assumed I meant do absolutely nothing.

This kind of thing will not change someone's mind, it will only make it worse.
Hate it or not people will have their opinions, let them die off and work harder to educate the younger generations

As far as what most seem to define as "public" we will agree to disagree.

A site dedicated to getting racists fired and thrown into financial hardship.....awesome!

Exactly. That's site is bullshit. People looking to get others fired? Fuck that shit.

Seems like this will create more problems than it will solve. I imagine most people would react to getting fired with more resentment towards whomever than start questioning themselves.

I have a question.

Can I create a twitter account, put someone else's photo and name, make a few posts, then make a really racist one, send that to their place of employment, and then have them fired?

I wouldn't be suprised if many of such pictures are already fakes.

Even tumblr blogs need a steady flow of content after all.

FUCK YEAH ANONYMOUS REPORTING

What is wrong with some of you guys. This is appalling. But the worst is probably that the responsible of this Tumblr probably feels like a brave and fearless warrior because well, they're the bad guys after all. Internet justice truly is a pathetic thing.

I'm guessing he's also denouncing his neighbor to the government because he didn't pay his taxes last year? Shit, if you really wanna be a cop, then be a real cop. Don't make it a hobby.

lol at all the "I can't believe racists like this exist today!" posts. You think that because it's far less common in day to day life. People suck it up then post shit on twitter or facebook, or in the comments for youtube or news sites. Those people aren't performing some elaborate double act or impersonating someone else; they likely believe most of what they say but know better than to say it aloud. It costs nothing to say something like that on the internet; or it used to. Chasing racists off the internet is just gagging them, it's not teaching them a lesson they will learn from. It just feeds their persecution complex.

Do you believe in private justice? I don't. Clear enough?

And I personaly find that denouncing people because they said some stupid shit on the internet is awful, and a very dangerous trend.

You think Skooter's Roadhouse in Shorewood is going to be able to check this out, or they'll just knee jerk fire? Hollister, one of the examples, probably would, but random dive bar in the middle of no-wheresville?

And, have you any experience with ex-husbands/ex wives? They can go to crazy lengths, including sending anthrax to the president.

So...who's next? Let's vote :

- people who are rude in the public transports
- people who cheat on their wives
- people who clearly don't like people with other sexual identities
- people who ostensibly reject climate change

Let's expose all these assholes :p

I am setting up a website to out atheists to their religious employers as we speak. This is what you get, heathens!

You're right, they are different.

But my point was that's it's not the role of anybody to report this. I'm sorry, but we're not talking about somebody who brags about beating his wife or children, we're talking about somebody saying racist shit on the internet. Now, if I was a potential employer and I stumbled upon this, obviously I would cross the name of this person. But that doesn't make anonymous reporting a good behavior. It's a bad, very bad habit, and as others already said, a very slippery slope.

Psychological mob lynching. People become very virulent and tribalistic when they feel justified to ridicule other people.

I personally don't think this is the more humane and intelligent way to make people who hold these views understand that such views and opinions do not have a place in current society.

So, wait. I can create a Twitter account, impersonate someone, and get him fired?

I was thinking the same thing. I agree that the racist people are cunts but I also don't like businesses firing people for doing things in their off time that don't effect the work or business. Now if the dude is on twitter in a Jiffy Lube shirt and saying shit it is different but if there is no business being shown then people should be about to do whatever they want.

On the other hand I guess if a business does shitty things then the employee has the ability to leave also. Sucks that some people are learning that they have to watch their mouth by losing their job and not actually understanding how this is a shitty way to live or think. Maybe it's because I live in a small town and surrounded by racist nasty shit all the time so it doesn't seem so bad to me.

There's somethig kinda scummy about this to me. I mean I don't like these racists either, but tracking down their personal information to get them fired also seems kinda weird. I'm gonna go take a shower.

What is stopping someone from creating fake accounts and getting ppl fired?

You're saying that the racism of an employee can hurt a business and I agree.
You're saying that racism is not a political belief and I obviously agree.

I still doesn't make it right to report these quotes, except if you're working for this company, and you're worried about the consequences that it could have on your environment.
My main objection is that reporting a crime is not always right. Even if racism is something that make a lot of us angry, myself included, some idiot making a racist statement on his fb page is certainly not worth taking the initiative of a public denunciation.
You don't know the effect of your actions, but you're happy because morally, you're the good side : this ethics of conviction is childish to me, and does more harm than good.

I agree too, but ultimately I do think it's fair to argue that these people are essentially putting their beliefs into a publicly broadcast zone and shouldn't expect not to get called on it. The sheltered ignorance or pure stupidity involved in throwing out things that would get called out as blatantly racist is somewhat shocking, so I'm generally inclined to think that most of these people aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

So if I were firing you for saying stuff like this, I might just use the defense that the fact you decided to tweet something so mind-bogglingly bad is evidence of incompetence, rather than get into a debate that you're racist or not.

Listen, it make my blood boils too when I see some of these status. And hateful speech hurts, yes. But if you're angry about this kind of speech, I'm all for answering to it, responding with arguments/insults/ridicule , choose your weapon. But denouncing to his/her employer? Nah. I don't know what would be the English for the Frenc slang colllabo but really, that's what I want define.

You're not a policeman (well, maybe you are :p); society didn't give you any mandate to act on public safety. So, except if you see something looking an emergency, a moral imperative (ie, wife beater for example) acting like this does not make you a good citizen. It makes you some kind of cyber vigilante.

The person who feels the effects of that increased resentment probably cares.

I understand that but if the person is on Facebook being a dumb-ass and has no affiliation to the business then I don't think it should be possible for the business to do anything since there is no connection. This is getting into some 1984 shit to me because for some twitter and Facebook is just a stream of how they think/feel at that time. If in the future thoughts can be read or seen in a public place easier then some people are just fucked even if they put in a good days work and are great in the work place.

Maybe they see a commercial and think "wow that beaner was dumb" - then they get fired just because for them it was a natural thought to them at the time and went public in some way in the future. They may not even be racist in the least but had that thought.

For most firing someone for this is similar to a suspend or firing for beating their wife. Just because you screw someone out of work or a contract with a sports team or whatever it is does not make them a better person. It should be some kind of counseling or similar work to be done.

Now if it is in the contract or hiring material that you could be let go for that kind of thing it changes it to me. When I got on with a few huge companies in the past they said don't talk about them or the in company practices publicly or in a bad light publicly. So I can come home and say work sucked but I cant say working at x company sucks. They have never said anything about coming home and saying that some "racist remark" came in and like the average "racist remark" did this. I assume that if I said something mentioning the name of the company it would be different.

None of the posts on that site are saying "I work at walmart and *racist term* be stealin!" - at least from what I have seen.

Plus as brought up before there could be fake accounts setup to screw people over.

It's nice to see that at least a couple of people are using reasoning powers that extend beyond the obvious "Racism bad, lol." statements that have been pervasive throughout this thread. The question isn't whether racism is bad or whether employers have been firing people for things they've done in their personal time: the question is whether or not they should.

As a liberal atheist in the south, I find myself standing apart from almost every majority opinion in the region. I think it should be illegal to force children below a certain age to go to church, legal to have abortions, legal to allow medically-assisted suicides, and all sorts of opinions that would most likely get me fired (Or shunned/pushed out) if a name was associated with my opinions. This isn't a trend that should be celebrated and people are right to criticize it, even when it's superficially satisfying to see racist people get theirs.

Seriously? Dumbest statement ever.

I'm with you here. On one hand I like seeing this happen. On the other it really bothers me that people can lose their jobs for saying what's on their minds, as vile as it is. And I don't think this will teach most of them anything.

I mean, I was just thinking of it as a difference between "I hate black people for no real reason" and now "I hate black people because I think they got me fired, so now I might do something worse than bitch about it online".

I'm not sure how I'd go about avoiding that problem though.

Wouldn't it be better to try an approach that would help them realize what they're doing wrong though instead of one that will only fuel the fire?

This is really childish. Getting fired won't make these people change their feelings on race. It will just make them bitter and angry. If everyone started being fired for stupid shit they said online, no one would be employed.

What I find more disturbing is people have these thoughts in their heads and not knowing. I'd rather know someone is racist or a bigot so I could just avoid them in real life.

It's not about the racists or their hateful comments: it's about the precedent of giving employers even greater control of our lives than they already have. There is an extreme danger to all of us in doing so even if most people in this thread don't see it.

I've seen a lot of extraordinarily shitty people who had the power to hire and fire others and I imagine a lot of others have too. In this particular instance, people are fired for bigotry and you're supportive of it. What about when someone is fired for posting in support of abortion, marching in a gay pride parade, or possessing positive views of atheism?

Your assertion is completely detached from reality as these kinds of terminations can and do already happen without the backlash you speak of. There's also the very obvious fact that an employer in an at-will state could easily veil the true reasoning of a termination behind some other infraction. Ever been a few minutes late to work? Ever been a few minutes late when getting back from lunch? Ever taken a sick day when you weren't really sick? I'm willing to bet that those 3 questions alone would get at least one 'Yes' from 99.9% of the working population and any could be used as legitimate grounds for termination in an at-will state.

Sorry, English is not my native language so I might use the wrong words to express my sentiments. It might not me totally relevant for this discussion, but my argument boils down to that basing employment on expressing the right set of morals might not be a good idea for a free society. Solving repression by repression?
Everyone I quoted is an obstacle:

I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season

Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.".”

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It sort of boggles my mind that some are arguing for these scumbags to keep their jobs. Freedom of speech does not exist in the private sector. Being fired for something you publically broadcast on Twitter for all the world to see is hardly an invasion of privacy.
Its not that I don't think these people should be fired. If someone who patronizes these businesses sees these posts and complains, I think these people deserve to be fired. I just find the witch hunt part of it worrying, because we have multiple examples from the past and from the Internet era where this ends up persecuting innocent people or people who hold innocent beliefs.

Malyse

How do you know they are white?
Would you prefer I amend it to "white people and sheltered idiots"? No one who has had racism directed at them should be protecting racists. The only reason I can see for a non white (aka the ones who suffer from the systematic oppression that is racism) to defend this shit is:

A: they are too sheltered to have experienced it
or
B: they are a fucking idiot.

So yeah, I'm making an assumption that the ones most bothered by this are white.

Floridian

Honestly I can only pity racists at this point. If they decide to type that ignorance in 2014 on social media and expect to not be exposed then i'm glad it's backfiring on them.

Galang

Banned
I'd agree using outside information against employees would be an invasion of privacy, but if there's discrimination involved I don't feel one bit of remorse. Am I supposed to feel bad people being blatantly racist are being punished? I think being fired is dramatic enough that they may actually reflect on what they're saying about other living people is wrong.

AlexBasch

Recess-Season-6-Episode-3-League-of-Randalls.jpg
I hated this asshole so fucking much.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I was fortunate enough to hear a conversation between a few lovely individuals over Thanksgiving dinner.

"It's sad these people can't get their acts together. I really thought we were past this."
"Have you noticed it's only them rioting, not us?"
"That's because we've moved past racism. They can't let it go."

I lean closer, and I know I shouldnt, but I have to ask.

"Who's they?"

"Niggers."

Uh, huh.

Times like that I wish I could hop in a plane and fly far away from everyone I know.

LOL

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I'd agree using outside information against employees would be an invasion of privacy, but if there's discrimination involved I don't feel one bit of remorse. Am I supposed to feel bad people being blatantly racist are being punished? I think being fired is dramatic enough that they may actually reflect on what they're saying about other living people is wrong.

you can argue Emails are private

but FB/Istagram/Twitter are NOT private. What you post there are very very public.

AlexMogil

If the employee was tweeting about how terrible his company was and how no one should work there or do business with them most people saying this is wrong wouldn't care that they were fired. It wouldn't be news and no one would think twice.

This is an interesting side conversation. My company has a policy that your personal social media life is personal. Employees have talked complete shit about my company on their personal Facebook accounts and even had wall posts with other employees. We've taken a stance to not react to that at all and only judge based on performance.

I'm torn on that myself.

I'm going to tell you the same thing that leftist economists tell Rod Dreher when he complains about the threat to religious liberty represented by same sex marriage: strengthen employment protection across the board. Or make employment less important to basic survival. Or both.

Trying to condemn the act of reporting someone's off-work conduct to their employer is helplessly futile. You can't inhibit this behavior with negative social pressure because the people reporting don't have to answer to you, because you don't even know who they are.

Those are solutions that I'd be in favor of but you inevitably come to the point where achieving the greater good ends up protecting socially reprehensible individuals such as the ones emphasized by the OP, just as 1st amendment rights protect them from government persecution.

The question becomes whether or not one is willing to tolerate them free-riding on greater societal protections in order to achieve the greatest good for objectively defensible social minorities.

Unfortunately, some people lack the imagination for this discussion as seen below.

My response was in the fact that you placed, and still continue to place, hate speech on the same level as legit political opinions. It's a false equivalency. It's apples and oranges.

Your unwillingness to see my point is the reason you're perceiving me to be placing "hate speech on the same level as legit political opinions". I didn't place them there: ill-written, ill-conceived employment law throughout this nation have placed them there and it is our duty to question the wisdom of such lax protections even when they're wielded against people who deserve scorn.

When a body of law exists that places both defensible and indefensible ideological positioning on the same level, the question rightly becomes whether or not one should be gleeful in celebrating the destruction of the indefensible rather than concern that the same bludgeon is just as easily turned on the defensible. That is what I've been discussing this entire time.

The things the people are saying are gross, but that site is fucking disgusting.

I'm not a fan of the design aesthetic either, but I wouldn't consider it disgusti...

...oh, you mean the part where stupid white people are publicly racist and then have to take responsibility for their ignorant, thoughtless actions.

Huh.

Well in that case, I disagree with your assessment.

rbanke

Disgusting people saying disgusting things but looking at the comments of the people reporting them, they are so gleeful in their righteousness. I don't really think most of them care one way or another, they are just having so much fun seeing the results and that's disgusting as well.

harSon

Banned
Pretty disappointing to see people come to the defense of the type of morally repugnant assholes that help shape a climate where things like Ferguson can occur without prosecution.

The things the people are saying are gross, but that site is fucking disgusting.
It's amazing how no one considers how negatively a racist affects a business AND it's customers. Especially in a world where anything you say or post can be picked up and spread like wildfire. Why you'd want that hateful person under your employment or even as a liability is beyond confusing. But yes, someone needs to consider the racist. If you could choose between an outspoken socially verbal racist or a person who may or may not be a racist but inteligent enough not to spout that trash then I'm going to employ the latter. And if that means I have to fire the former to hire the latter then I'm going to do just that.

Foxy Fox 39, not sure if I'd include the MikeyJr quote (asking if it's possible for people to get others fired with fake twitter/facebook accounts), as I can actually see people trying that. It might have been a sincere question (I have no idea of his post history though).

Not that this potential issue outweighs outing idiots that willingly inform the world that they are asshats, mind you. I just don't know how you could deny someone trying to frame you this way.

Eh, as I type this out I'm realizing a false accusation like this would be like %.0001 out of all of them.

Chariot

The thing is, all they do is informing the employer of their behaviour. Which is in the right of everyone. As long as nobody goes to far (death threats, threats to family or even actual actions that endanger ANY life), everything is alright.

NilaDebila

Neo Member

Ok.. I'm an activist against racism and volunteer grew up in a family giving refuge to illegal immigrants (but am not able to anymore because of personal reasons), so I'm a bit butthurt by this statement. I'm all for empowering, and trying to make a difference. I just don't feel this is the right way to solve the big problem. This is for me about a majority condemning morals that are not theirs. I agree with the examples fired in the OP, all I'm trying to say is that you have to be wary about applauding these kind of actions without very critically reviewing them case by case. The tone of the thread scares me into thinking that this might set a precedent. This discussion is getting a bit to chaotic/conflated for me though, and I don't really know about hate speech in emplyment laws in the US, so I'm outta this thread.

I'm beginning to wonder if some of you are even reading what you're quoting. I've made it quite clear that my positions and opinions in this thread have absolutely nothing to do with racism and everything to do with the precedent of allowing employers dominion over our personal lives under pain of termination.

We've all read what you said. The problem is that your entire argument is based on a slippery slope only you seem to think will happen. You think that just because a bunch of racists are fired that they're going to start coming for pro choice athiest gay people?

It's funny how the most important thing here appears to be not the actual racism, the tweets that is what is getting them fired, the fact that companies not only have an avenue for complaints but actually welcome them, the fact that none of the racists were forced to post those tweets, etc. etc. etc.

But what's REALLY bothering people is that someone is reporting them. THAT'S where they draw the line. smfh

Siegcram

The tone of the thread scares me into thinking that this might set a precedent. This discussion is getting a bit to chaotic/conflated for me though, and I don't really know about hate speech in emplyment laws in the US, so I'm outta this thread.
No it wouldn't. It has happended for years.
But always a great tactic to abandon ship when confronted with confilcting opinions.

Petrae

No sympathy at all.

If, at this point, you still don't understand that what you say on social media isn't private, then you deserve the social repercussions of your actions.

I am still amazed that people are still getting themselves fired over Twitter posts. What does it take to get it through people's heads that spewing every shitty thought that crosses your mind on your Twitter account isn't wise?

Social media: It's a trap!

Seriously, though-- I'd like to think that enough people hear about or know about someone who is adversely affected by saying stupid/offensive things on social media to understand that what you say can and will be held against you by society at large... but it's just not happening.

By the time people do start to really grasp this idea, many more will have lost their jobs.

Truant

I kinda feel sorry for these people. Not because the got fired, but for how atroicious they are as people.

Obviously uneducated, simple people with shitty parenting and a limited world view. I don't believe for a second that these people can't change for the better.

But maybe they needed this lesson, I don't know. Racists are the worst.

They're racist, it reflects poorly on a company that probably doesn't want to be seen as racist (surprise, every employee is an ambassador for their company, especially the front line), aaaaand they're racist. If they double down as opposed to learn and understand why they're in the wrong/got in trouble too, they also are lacking brainpower in addition to the general empathetic sense that is required to identify "oh shit I'm being racist and that's not cool."

Only interesting caveat is the fake account angle, and has that ever happened outside of "I got haxxed," which tends to be anecdotal anyway? Genuine question there, since my pov in that regard also stems anecdotally.

Maybe it's because I'm black (and Canadian woooo), but I've never understood the "poor racist" theme when they're spouting hateful garbage. I understand educating those who say ignorant things (ie. They don't understand why what they're saying is wrong), but for vitriol like Trucky mcRemington or the classy lady in the OP? They can help themselves out of their dumbassery.

Coins

Banned
This is a bad idea. How many of these people have mental health issues? Hatred seems to me like it's solely a mental health issue. So let's take away their health coverage?

Ok.. I'm an activist against racism and volunteer grew up in a family giving refuge to illegal immigrants (but am not able to anymore because of personal reasons), so I'm a bit butthurt by this statement. I'm all for empowering, and trying to make a difference. I just don't feel this is the right way to solve the big problem. This is for me about a majority condemning morals that are not theirs. I agree with the examples fired in the OP, all I'm trying to say is that you have to be wary about applauding these kind of actions without very critically reviewing them case by case. The tone of the thread scares me into thinking that this might set a precedent. This discussion is getting a bit to chaotic/conflated for me though, and I don't really know about hate speech in emplyment laws in the US, so I'm outta this thread.

No one is forcing racists to say racist things. No one is forcing a company to fire an employee for said things. If you have more empathy for a racist rather than the person he's been discriminating against his entire life then you're part of the problem. Now I don't know if that's you personally, I just quoted you because all those posts consider the racist over the oppressed and they consider the racist over the survival of the business.

A couple of things to consider:

- Freedom of speech protects you from the government.

- The targets of hateful platitudes, often consider that sort of speech a threat.

- Very few businesses want to be known as "that place where the racists work".

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Perfect. You want to be a racist piece of shit? Go ahead and reap the whirlwind.

The sooner these Mensa candidates learn that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences, the sooner we can leave them behind in society's rear view mirror.

Fuck 'em.

Thorakai

God I hate slippery slope arguments. Its so easy to make this look bad by uttering "what if" scenarios of oppression for any little thing you say online. Suddenly every issue under the sun is going to get their own website highlighting tweets that goes against a certain agenda because of this? I don't see the leap that would allow that to happen. The slippery slope argument gives equal weight to all issues when that's not how shit works at all.

A couple of things to consider:

- Freedom of speech protects you from the government.

- The targets of hateful platitudes, often consider that sort of speech a threat.

- Very few businesses want to be known as "that place where the racists work".

Which is ironic because I bet these people are spouting the same racist shit at work, but the fact that its on twitter now forces their employer to do something.

.GqueB.

Banned
I was fortunate enough to hear a conversation between a few lovely individuals over Thanksgiving dinner.

"It's sad these people can't get their acts together. I really thought we were past this."
"Have you noticed it's only them rioting, not us?"
"That's because we've moved past racism. They can't let it go."

I lean closer, and I know I shouldnt, but I have to ask.

"Who's they?"

"Niggers."

Uh, huh.

Times like that I wish I could hop in a plane and fly far away from everyone I know.
LMAO! Holy shit.

I quoted you because people don't get fired wily nilly. Yes you may have had a genuine question but it has little to do with this thread. You can lie on someone about anything. And when creating a fake account to get someone fired it can easily be proven that it's a fake account. And if all else fails the employee can file a wrongful termination suit.

This thread is about real racists getting fired for saying terrible things, not hypothetical situations that try to obscure the issue.

Truant

The connection between the racists and their employers aren't really made obvious until these guys call them out, though.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Valnen

I completely support this shit. Public shaming is the only way assholes like these will ever understand how inappropriate their speech is. If I had an employee that posted shit like this on the Internet I'd want to know.

Taking away someone's job isn't likely going to make them change their ways. A job is necessary for basic survival. Taking away what's needed for basic survival will likely only strengthen their hatred.

That said, some of these people are irredeemable pieces of shit and won't be changed no matter what, so fuck em. Just don't pretend it's about "tough love", because it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom