• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead possibly teasing something for OK Computer 20th anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
“More Public Fear/More Private Security 1997 2017” street art has appeared in cities around the world

Pitchfork said:
A series of mysterious posters have popped up in cities around the world that have led Radiohead fans to speculate that something is happening involving the 20th anniversary of the release of OK Computer. As many people on Reddit have pointed out, street art has appeared in London, Amsterdam, Brooklyn, and other places featuring cryptic political messaging, as well as the years 1997 and 2017. With lines like “More Public Fear/More Private Security,” fans think the words follow the cadences of “Fitter Happier.” OK Computer was originally released on May 21, 1997.

In addition, frequent collaborator Stanley Donwood recently posted a seemingly Radiohead-related visual on Instagram, captioned “soon to be real.”

aTcoGaj.jpg

I would love an anniversary edition of OK Computer full of demos and unreleased tracks.

When I saw them in Atlanta OK Computer was their most played album after AMSP. Wouldn't be surprised if there's something in the pipeline.

Another tour would be good too. Preferably one I can buy before it sells out.

Sure, but change up the damn stage already.

It's been literally the same set up since 2008. Disappointing when you have acts like Nine Inch Nails who always put up a unique experience each time they do a new tour.

I would love an anniversary edition of OK Computer full of demos and unreleased tracks.

There was a two-disc version of OK that released a few years back (I want to say around 2010 or so) that had alt-takes and some BBC recording sessions on it. Not sure about the whole tracklist as I don't own it anymore but there was certainly a "deluxe" version of it.

Blader

There was a rumor on Reddit months and months ago about the band doing a 20th anniversary re-release with unreleased tracks on it. That doesn't seem like a very Radiohead-y thing to do, but I guess they haven't had a 20th anniversary of a seminal album before.

Nigel tweeted notes from a True Love Waits recording session during the OKC days, so clearly they're going through some old material from that era.

It's been literally the same set up since 2008. Disappointing when you have acts like Nine Inch Nails who always put up a unique experience each time they do a new tour.

They've changed the light and display scheme on every tour though?

There was a two-disc version of OK that released a few years back (I want to say around 2010 or so) that had alt-takes and some BBC recording sessions on it. Not sure about the whole tracklist as I don't own it anymore but there was certainly a "deluxe" version of it.

That was an EMI reissue that the band hated. No alternate takes or unreleased tracks though, just the b-sides from that era and I think some live performances.

Are you kidding me? They're stage production has been radically different every time they've toured, this one very much included.

There was a rumor on Reddit months and months ago about the band doing a 20th anniversary re-release with unreleased tracks on it. That doesn't seem like a very Radiohead-y thing to do, but I guess they haven't had a 20th anniversary of a seminal album before.

Nigel tweeted notes from a True Love Waits recording session during the OKC days, so clearly they're going through some old material from that era.

They've changed the light and display scheme on every tour though?

That was an EMI reissue that the band hated. No alternate takes or unreleased tracks though, just the b-sides from that era and I think some live performances.

Are you kidding me? They're stage production has been radically different every time they've toured, this one very much included.

The same, various camera angles on the band on either scattered video screens or one giant screen, with those light panels that either hang above the stage or are stationary behind the band. It's very similar and nothing stand-out.

But sure, if you think it's radically different. I feel like something more subtle could go a long way for Radiohead.

Blader

The same, various camera angles on the band on either scattered video screens or one giant screen, with those light panels that either hang above the stage or are stationary behind the band. It's very similar and nothing stand-out.

But sure, if you think it's radically different. I feel like something more subtle could go a long way for Radiohead.

I don't know, that seems like a pretty normal stage setup (albeit much more impressive and cooler looking than most bands)? What do you mean by something more subtle?

Goddamn 20 years and it really is more relevant than ever.

For this, I would like to celebrate my newfound love for Let Down
Didn't really care much about this song before but after seeing it live, its in regular rotation.

No they got their catalog back from EMI like a couple days after they released AMSP last year

joyous news

Blader

Please do an OK Computer tour and re-release the album and then do the same for every album's 20th anniversary.

They're already playing nearly everything on OK Computer on their current tour already.

I'd love to hear them do a live version of Fitter Happier though... seriously!

They're already playing nearly everything on OK Computer on their current tour already.

I'd love to hear them do a live version of Fitter Happier though... seriously!

"Ladies and Gentleman, Please welcome to the stage.... Professor Stephen Hawking!"

Can we start some sort of online petition?

Blader

"Ladies and Gentleman, Please welcome to the stage.... Professor Stephen Hawking!"

Can we start some sort of online petition?

that's certainly one way. I was thinking Thom could just recite the words through a vocoder or something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom