• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic thread of fun local multiplayer

Banned
Mike Works said:
could someone who's played this game actually explain its appeal?

i've watched the videos, and i'm not seeing anything amazing physics based at all.

the appeal is that you are controlling a physics-based ragdoll!!! like puppets!
these are not pre-canned animations like in other games... we usually only see ragdoll physics when a guys gets killed, but in this you are controlling the ragdoll! Geez, it's in the NAME!

Seriously, try it out... the amount of fine control you have over the characters is mind-boggling.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Fizzle said:
Does this game have PSN mulit-login?

It should be vital that it does seeing as thiers no online.

Nope. Everyone plays as "PLAYER X" in MP matches.

Banned
O/T: It's nice to see some heavy-hitters vouching for this game; namely: Wollan, TTP, BlimBlim.

Gaffers with PS3s and friends should deffo get this game.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, the game is pretty good and fun. Also, you can see some of the LBP engine lighting and stuff at work here. It looks pretty amazing really, rock solid 60FPS and all.
This and Flock both in one day = lots of lighthearted fun.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Blimblim said:
Did you upload more than 2 videos? There were only these two in your folder.

Yes I did :/

These are the last two I uploaded. The first two were Tutorial and Capture The Fish.

I saw them disappearing from my folder and I assumed you simply moved them somewhere else.

Oh well, I'm re-uploading.

PuMa

Fizzle said:
Yeah I watched the video and spotted that. To be honest I'd prefer they patch in PSN local multi-login than online.

YES! The PSN local multi-login is what I've wanted more than anything from the PSN. They need to implement that ASAP.

Haunted

Really didn't like the PC version for more than 2 (oh hey that looks cool!) minutes.

Will try the demo for this, though. :)

Puck said:
This is a really great game.
It's a lot like super smash brothers when playing with friends / real people.

After playing tutorial and 2 challenges, i like some of the sixaxis. I think the meditate is really good and more games should have moves like that. I am not liking having the super punch move when you need to aim and throw the controller though
Seems like an expensive game.

icechai

Forsete said:
Any co-op features? Human + Human vs CPU or something?

yes, you can team deathmatch 2v2, 3v1, 2v1, etc (didn't check the other options, but i don't think you can capture the fish co-op). I wish you can co-op the main challenges though :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Fizzle said:
Does this game have PSN mulit-login?

It should be vital that it does seeing as thiers no online.

what games have multi logins at this point?

No online? Didn't I read there was going to be an online mode? I wonder if I confused this with something else? I was really looking foward to this game because it had SSB similar gameplay with, what I thought, bareable online play. Shit!

No way in hell am I buying this now. Let's hope they add in online play like they did for Tekken.

I wonder how much of a sales boost Tekken DR got when it added the online mode. Anybody know?

Koshiro

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic thread of No Online.
th_catwtf7.gif

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wollan said:
Resistance 2 only. Firmware 2.6 in January implemented the functionality.

so can two different PSN ids play together and earn separate trophies?

Wollan

levious said:
so can two different PSN ids play together and earn separate trophies?
Yes.
AllGamer said:
Little Big Planet...
It is true. LBP achieve multi-account trophy earning but they just did a smart trick in that the progress is stored on an external server (which the second account player retrieve when they play the game themselves). With Resistance 2 it directly access the save-file of the second account on the same system.

PuMa

icechai said:
yes, you can team deathmatch 2v2, 3v1, 2v1, etc (didn't check the other options, but i don't think you can capture the fish co-op). I wish you can co-op the main challenges though :(

You can do capture the fish VERSUS another human opponent. It's a ton of fun.

Played a bunch of 4, 3, and 2-player brawls last night. So much fun. Already got my money's worth from that one night.

Deathmatch is great and all, but King of the Hill is awesome too. Catch the Fish is our favorite mode though. It's that NBA Jam vibe that works so well for party games.

The motion controls actually make the party more fun. Great use of the SIXAXIS.

If you have real-life friends, get this game. It's a blast.

Pristine_Condition said:
Played a bunch of 4, 3, and 2-player brawls last night. So much fun. Already got my money's worth from that one night.

Deathmatch is great and all, but King of the Hill is awesome too. Catch the Fish is our favorite mode though. It's that NBA Jam vibe that works so well for party games.

The motion controls actually make the party more fun. Great use of the SIXAXIS.

If you have real-life friends, get this game. It's a blast.
I really don't know if I should buy this.
Why don't they let us try it with a demo.
I'll watch some videos when at home and I'll see. Any chance to see the game become less expensive in the next few month ?

Speevy

Banned
This game has some unique uses of the sixaxis. I want to see what it does to a standard USB controller lacking the functionality.

PuMa

Chû Totoro said:
I really don't know if I should buy this.
Why don't they let us try it with a demo.
I'll watch some videos when at home and I'll see. Any chance to see the game become less expensive in the next few month ?

Read up above a few posts. It's already been announced that a demo will be released very soon.

I've played over 100 hours of smash bros. with local multi-player. I've been looking for good clones, since we're kind of bored with smash bros. now. Does anyone know about how many stages are in this game? I'll probably buy it if there are at least 10 stages.

PuMa said:
Read up above a few posts. It's already been announced that a demo will be released very soon.

Glad they are doing a demo. Looking forward to checking it out, but without online I'll be stuck with SP only for a game like this so I need to see if it's worth it before I buy.

If you like smash bros-esque games, you may want to check out Small Arms as well. It's pretty fun and only $5. The online works pretty well, but at this point I don't know how big the community is, so like this you may be using local multi alot.

I like how the 3 secret trophies are actually secret right now. W/ firmware 2.70 sony changed their trophy feed to report in binary (for PS3 speed but also to throw off the trophy mining sites).

Wollan

StalkingSilence said:
I like how the 3 secret trophies are actually secret right now. W/ firmware 2.70 sony changed their trophy feed to report in binary (for PS3 speed but also to throw off the trophy mining sites).
Any more info on this? How is it stored server side? xml, sql..etc.

rexor0717

I have already had a lot of fun with this game. I can't wait to take it over to a friends house for some real playtime. I am a bit disappointed that there is only one move set. No matter what character you have, their moves are still the same (correct me if I'm wrong).

EL Beefo

StalkingSilence said:

I've got one of them so far

Bully:
defeat an opponent while a teammate is holding him

Wollan said:
Any more info on this? How is it stored server side? xml, sql..etc.

PM me if you want more info - harvesting XML scripts no longer works easily - notice how all autoscripted trophy portals haven't updated to include PJE Encore or Rag Doll Kung Fu?

slewis7

I'll throw my vote in the ring as to how fun this game is, especially if you have some friends to play with. The single player is good and you can play the multi-player modes using bots as well, but it really shines playing aganst your friends. If they can add the online component, it will be really awesome.

jmd494

I'm considering buying this game but will probably only play it once or twice with friends (very few gaming friends).

How many hours will I get just getting golds on all the challenges and...more importantly...would getting golds on all the challenges be fun?

jmd494

Dreweyes said:
got all the trophies including the 3 secret ones, except for the all gold on challenge. :D
I'm trying to decide whether I should buy this...so would you mind answering the question I posted right above your post?

Thanks! :D

Top Bottom