• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Karak

kx11 said:
so i can upload my gameplay vids ?? great
Can't you find some other place to upload them? Because by then everyone will be doing it:( Aren't there other sharing sites?

kamspy

SalsaShark said:
Vaqi2.png

why do i always get hurt by the ones i love

specially when they seem to think my country is in Europe or some crap

Damn. If I saw that today, knowing my game will be installed and ready to play when I get home from work tomorrow, it would feel like being kicked in the nuts.

That's some shit.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope nvidia gets their drivers out soon, or will that new beta one work? The one they uploaded a few days ago for the bf3 beta.

kx11

Banned
Karak said:
Can't you find some other place to upload them? Because by then everyone will be doing it:( Aren't there other sharing sites?

someone else who got treated the same way as me by ZM told me he wrote them and they told him it's ok to upload anything after the game comes out but before it comes out NOPE

fun fact : if i disabled the audio on my videos the company can't claim those vids and ask YT to remove them

Pimpbaa

Derrick01 said:
I hope nvidia gets their drivers out soon, or will that new beta one work? The one they uploaded a few days ago for the bf3 beta.

I assume everything should be fine since they support OpenGL 4.2. OpenGL performance has always been one of nvidia's strong points.

Derrick01

Banned
SalsaShark said:
I wonder what risks do i take by playing early using a vpn..

I don't know the risks but I wouldn't do anything even a little risky just to play a game a few days early. Patience has its virtues I'm told.

Pimpbaa said:
I assume everything should be fine since they support OpenGL 4.2. OpenGL performance has always been one of nvidia's strong points

That's good news to me. Would hate for them to ruin my Rage day for me.

Wallach

Pimpbaa said:
I assume everything should be fine since they support OpenGL 4.2. OpenGL performance has always been one of nvidia's strong points.

Haha, what? OpenGL performance - particularly on Fermi - has been garbage for nvidia lately. It's part of the reason the GPU specs are so heavily slanted towards AMD cards.

Kifimbo

IGN gave it 8.5.

Closing Comments
Rage proves a lot of what we already knew about id Software. The studio knows how to make great shooters and deliver incredible visuals and animations. With some of the elements we’re not as familiar with in id games like an emphasis on story, Rage isn’t as strong. The great controls and useful weapon upgrades help make Rage’s shooting parts a lot of fun, but the storyline fails to create any real tension and the game’s characters, friendly and hostile, never do or say anything memorable. As a result, Rage starts to drag toward the second half after most of the mechanics and upgrades are introduced because the fictional world isn’t very interesting. Despite the lack of genuinely exciting context, all the content packed into Rage is still a blast to play, including the surprisingly entertaining car combat mode and co-operative challenges. Rage isn’t revolutionary, but is an expertly crafted, beautiful shooter.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1197935p2.html

Salsa

Derrick01 said:
I don't know the risks but I wouldn't do anything even a little risky just to play a game a few days early. Patience has its virtues I'm told.

problem is that this whole thing is an iffy situation, i mean i guess i'll deal, but i keep getting European release dates even though im in South America. Valve said this was a problem with each publisher, but that it shouldnt happen.

Wallach

Solo said:
9.5 and 8.5?

TERRIBAD, PRE-ORDER CANCELLED. I UPLOADED THE 21 GIGS BACK TO STEAM AND CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT.

I'm trying to scratch the megabytes right off my hard drive! Fuck this game!

kuYuri

Been seeing quite a few Rage ads in NYC subways, buses, and taxis. Here's a pic I took from a subway station:

dmZnGl.jpg

Can't remember any recent Bethesda published games that got ads like that.

Vire

Kifimbo said:
7.5 Presentation
Incredibly high production values throughout. Storyline is weak, few memorable personalities, no satisfying ending, game starts to drag toward the end.
10 Graphics
One of the best looking games ever made.
8.5 Sound
Great gun sound effects and a high quality soundtrack and voice acting.
9.0 Gameplay
Excellent shooting sequences and a surprisingly good car combat mode.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
A lot of content in the single-player mode, plus co-op missions and a vehicle combat competitive multiplayer mode.

Karak

Vire said:
7.5 Presentation
Incredibly high production values throughout. Storyline is weak, few memorable personalities, no satisfying ending, game starts to drag toward the end.
10 Graphics
One of the best looking games ever made.
8.5 Sound
Great gun sound effects and a high quality soundtrack and voice acting.
9.0 Gameplay
Excellent shooting sequences and a surprisingly good car combat mode.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
A lot of content in the single-player mode, plus co-op missions and a vehicle combat competitive multiplayer mode.

I am getting happier and happier as the reviews agree with what I have been seeing. So stoked.

TKRunningRiot

Neo Member
My google skills seem to be failing me....anyone know where i can find a list of Best Buy stores doing midnight openings for Rage/Dark Souls?

Effect

Vire said:
7.5 Presentation

I guess this should have been expected but I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. :( Glad my purchase was delayed. Still want to play but at least I can wait for the price to go down now. I do wonder if this will be a theme for the rest of the reviews.

GeoramA

Weak story and bad ending seem to be the only major problems?

Fine with me. Can't remember the last time I played a game and thought it had an excellent story or ending. Portal 2 maybe, but the humor carried that game a lot.

Deadbeat

Banned
bloodydrake said:
sounds like id could use someone like Ken Levine to join the team and they'd be unstoppable
So Quake 5 would just be a dumbed down Quake 2? How would that work?
~Kinggi~ said:
When you spend so much effort building an elaborate and believable world it makes no sense not to have a great story.
They tried so hard with Doom 3. It would be funny if they failed again.

Wallach

~Kinggi~ said:
When you spend so much effort building an elaborate and believable world it makes no sense not to have a great story.

These are guys that consider each moment you are not engaged in some kind of actual gameplay a nuisance. A guy like Levine would not work at id Software.

Vire

teepo said:
games have great stories?
There's a difference between having a good story and having something that compels you to continue forward. If the tasks that you are asked to do have no greater meaning, or seem mundane, I could see it becoming a problem as mentioned in the review. Especially if the ending is as anticlimactic as they make it out to be.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for credible sources to post their reviews.

Chesskid1

Banned
i probably wouldn't have completed borderlands if i had to play it SP.

hopefully the set pieces/pacing/gunplay/etc will make up for it since everyone is saying the story/missions aren't very good.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Deadbeat said:
So Quake 5 would just be a dumbed down Quake 2? How would that work?
I have no idea what your trying to imply
Wallach said:
These are guys that consider each moment you are not engaged in some kind of actual gameplay a nuisance. A guy like Levine would not work at id Software.
I just don't agree it seems pretty obvious John Carmack's absolutely delighted to be back in the Technical directors chair doing what he loves.. Someone that clicked with them and had great story telling abilities would be awesome..not Levine himself but someone who's got that kind of gameplay vision.

Top Bottom