• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raised by Wolves. HBO Max. Ridley Scott

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
So apparently after Ragnar/Marcus was forced to ingest one of Mother's eyes, he's increasingly getting all squiggly vein-faced and is much stronger. The bio-tech in his body is obviously playing havok in some way- I wonder if he's eventually going to become weaponized like Mother could become before?

I'm definitely liking the season so far. :)

Last edited:
Ridley does it again :messenger_tears_of_joy:

michael-fassbender-shuvjzl.gif

Hardensoul

Gold Member
Wait, is episode 8 end of S2. 2 episodes shorter than S1. Hate this cliffhanger. A lot was reveal but seem bring up a lot of questions. :messenger_face_screaming:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm nearly finished with season 2. This show is something else. One weird thing I keep thinking to myself is that theres no way the human race would survive if we were down to just a few hundred. Even they were making babies left and right which they aren't?

The cg is definitely shoddy in a few spots. I wonder if they were pressed for time or if the budget was slashed?

Fun show anyway and Travis Fimmel continues to be a favorite actor of mine.

RAÏSanÏa

Watched the first episode of season 1 and I'm glad I knew nothing about this show going in but the praise. Layers of references and meanings. I'm excited to catch up.

Guys, did I miss something or nothing happened to the people eating the fruit from the tree? I remember Campion not eating it.

About Marcus' death, NOW he'll probably be considered a prophet or something, after all, he supposedly died and came back to life.

Hardensoul

Gold Member
Guys, did I miss something or nothing happened to the people eating the fruit from the tree? I remember Campion not eating it.

About Marcus' death, NOW he'll probably be considered a prophet or something, after all, he supposedly died and came back to life.
Nothing happened to the people who ate the fruit, yet! Marcus death is still in question!

Irobot82

I wonder if the fruit helps kickstart the devolution?

Edit: Rethinking this. I may have confused myself. The signal/sol would have to be on the same side as grandmother right? Ok, now I am more lost.

Last edited:
Yes, that’s what it’s likely supposed to do!
In Prometheus they drink some weird stuff to melt and become elementary particles and kickstart life... so here they do something like that but to... make humans dumber? lol

Also who the fuck was that dude who was hiding in the desert and knew parkour from the first season? (I mean, we're at a different location now so probably he's still there on the other side of the planet).

Wildebeest

Thoughts after finishing season 2. Show is giving me some Lost vibes with all the twist and turns, but it comes back to the ideas of Prometheus in the end. Except Prometheus is about foresight, and everyone in this show just messes everything up and only understands in hindsight. Lots of weird metamorphosis from Ovid and other mythical stuff. Father is still a really great character, he elevates the show. Ends with a high level concept from a more civilized age.

Fbh

What a shame.
It wasn't perfect but I really enjoyed it and at least it was rather unique and different from most stuff out there. Always had reservations about seeing an ending though as I remember watching an interview with the creator where he said he wanted to tell the story in 5 or 6 seasons, which always seemed like a stretch given that it wasn't that popular.

Should have structured it as a 3 season show like Dark, maybe they would have been able to convince HBO to give them one more season if it was the final one.

Top Bottom