• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raised by Wolves. HBO Max. Ridley Scott

i just got caught up as well. good show overall.

so far the only mysteries are who is manipulating everyone and the pits? whoever it is, might be connected to something in the pits that is also connected to the giant Dodecahedron. I'm pretty sure it is the same person responsible for Tally appearances, the voices, and the creator manipulating the android. And who is that person living in the serpent bones. Would that be the dude thats doing all this?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Episode 8 was really bizarre. Not sure I like
Mother getting pregnant. It feels hokey and just... meh. It seems to be getting more out there with each episode, but I'll trust in Ridley Scott for now.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Why didn't mother just fly in one of the pits to check out what's in them?
They didn't want the show to end on the first episode.

I've been sticking with it, sorta like watching a slow motion train wreck, but I think episode 8 has finally done me in. There's fanfic with better writing.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
I like how she can kill her co android so easily by slamming him on a big ass tooth when he is not bad shape as her yet she can take bullets like you wouldn't believe. Their goal is to make humanity survive yet flies up to the arc and crashes the whole thing and that small group of kids she brought back was all the kids on the whole ship??

If you've watched any more episodes you've probably figured it out but anyway. She's an android made for war and he's an android made to do mundane tasks.

Yes killing all the humans makes no sense. The show is pretty nonsensical overall but I'm going to stick with it.

This is literally the same story as Ridley Scott's Alien prequel trilogy.
At this point I expect that girl wasn't raped, but impregnated by the pod, just like Mother.

Mossybrew

The Rapist going Super Saiyan was goofy as fuck, but I dunno, at least stuff is happening, have to say I enjoyed the latest episodes more than the last batch.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I like this show a lot

so one more episode then we have to wait for next season?

So...

Aparently, Sol *is* an android as someone told earlier in this thread. I mean, he somehow convinced Marcus to let her live, obviously only because of her purpose: the child. Also, that was already in her programming and probably the sperm or whatever that caused her to be 'pregnant' was already IN her from the start, put there by Campion Sturges, only to impregnate her at the appropriate time.

mango drank

I wanted to give the show a chance, but I'm 8 episodes in, and I don't really care about these characters, the pace is too slow, the action is too bland, and the plot feels meandering and aimless. Most of the "action" seems to be various factions moving among a handful of sets: oh boy, group A is going from middle of nowhere to the forest, and now group B is going from the settlement to the forest, and group C is going from the wreck to the settlement, and group A is going to the settlement while group B splits and goes to the wreck and then back to the settlement. Wow, I can't wait to see next week's logistical thrillcoaster!

Feels like the showrunners had a general start point for the plot in mind, and a big reveal at the end, and in between they crossed their fingers and hoped connecting the dots from start to end would write itself and be interesting enough, but so far it just feels like filler. It reminds me of Devs, from earlier this year: decent first episode, OK last episode, but the intervening episodes were dull, pointless, go-nowhere sidequest filler. The entire show could've been just two episodes: start and finish.

In the past, it seemed like shows would start off rough, but if you gave them a chance, they'd improve. Lately, it seems like if the first 2-3 episodes of a show suck, you can pretty much expect the same for the entire rest of the season / series. It's as good as it's going to get.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The only thing I can say is that mystery guy who ran away from Marcus' crew several episodes ago is probably someone important. I'm going to guess he's the real Campion(the guy who made Mother) or something. Or maybe the real "Sol."

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Considering Ridley Scott's age and all I wonder how much more he's got in him? He seems to love working and I hope he continues to do so. Does he have anything else lined up? I'd like him to finish up his Alien stuff even though its not great.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The only thing I can say is that mystery guy who ran away from Marcus' crew several episodes ago is probably someone important. I'm going to guess he's the real Campion(the guy who made Mother) or something. Or maybe the real "Sol."
I feel like whatever subplot that was got cut.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I feel like whatever subplot that was got cut.
Really? I doubt it because those cards mystery man stole in that previous episode played a role in the most recent episode. So he must have put them there. If they dropped that subplot entirely I doubt those cards would have made a reappearance

I like some relation to religion but this is getting too much.

you have to think the half human baby in mother will be jesus and the prophet the mithraic is looking for

Tfw necromancers are called necromancers because they bring the serpents back. The serpent was there all along: Mother calls herself Lamia in episode 2, she has basilisk abilities, AI Campion bites her shoulder like a snake.

The real question is why is there a Cross of Lorraine on the belly of the Atheist ark? A couple of episodes ago Ragnar's woman dropped a "Jesus Christ" :pie_thinking:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That was a fascinating season ender for sure. I have no idea where it's going and I like that. Please hbo improve your streaming quality. The clips on youtube look so much better. EviLore EviLore did you keep up with it?

Tfw necromancers are called necromancers because they bring the serpents back. The serpent was there all along: Mother calls herself Lamia in episode 2, she has basilisk abilities, AI Campion bites her shoulder like a snake.

The real question is why is there a Cross of Lorraine on the belly of the Atheist ark? A couple of episodes ago Ragnar's woman dropped a "Jesus Christ" :pie_thinking:

it's claimed the atheists don't have the tech to build their own ark, i'd assume they stole that ship

Oh man was that supposed to be the engineers from Prometheus? Meaning this does indeed directly tie into the Alien franchise?

Looked like the race from Alien Covenant, another of the Engineers experiments. But the helmet did look Promethian. After the first two episodes I did Google to see if it was a stealth tie-in.

Actually read dreamcatcher and still don't really know what you mean. It felt like a combination of Greek mythology and religious allegory. I definitely recommend looking up lamia.

I'm liking the whole god and hell aspects. How voices (satan) is manipulating everyone.

Did the ship both mother and father was on come out from the other side of the planet?

Mossybrew

I dunno, that finale didn't really work for me. A lot just came off as silly. I was laughing when I wasn't supposed to. Eh, it was an interesting first season but I wouldn't really call this satisfying television.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Did the ship both mother and father was on come out from the other side of the planet?
That's sorta what it looked like, right into the core and right out the other side. The foliage and what not made it look like it must be the tropical zone, which is the other side of the planet.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

She has a theory which makes a lot of sense. Spoilers for the ending obviously. reverse garden of eden

Last edited:
Top Bottom