• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raising Hope Season 3 |OT| Only loved by those who practice Scienceology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I won't get a chance to watch until my house gets its power back. Stupid Sandy.

Funny episode this week. Good stuff.

j9uDk.gif
nPrsv.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got power back yesterday and watched it. Garret killing it as per usual.

PS, what was Sabrina's costume? It looks vaguely familiar but I can't place it.

New episode tonight:
What Up, Bro?

When Jimmy learns his parents briefly gave him up for adoption, he asks Sabrina to help him befriend the man who would have been his brother; Burt and Virginia wonder if Jimmy would have been better off with other parents.

Anoregon

Oh Phillip Dyess-Nugent, why must you forsake us all?

big ander

Caught up on the past two. The real estate agent with the hat one was pretty good. This candy one was great. A lot of small jokes, parodied so many things without overworking or seeming heavy. Enjoyed it a lot.

aparisi2274

I think the "Candy Wars" episode is one of the funniest episodes in the three year run of this show.

I was laughing so much...

big ander

God was I worried about the poop jokes in this one, but...they worked. So did Burt and Virginia trying to be young. That plot rarely works that well on a sitcom, Raising Hope pulled it off pretty well. Jimmy's conundrum was less good mostly because I've never found Wyatt funny even in an antagonistic way, just annoying. Also because it was just a silly problem to hinge a plot on. Whatever.

That effect with the shrimp floating by was baaad. wow.

#VirginiaIsAwesome Reply All

Anoregon

Wish they spent a little more time with Sabrina/Hope and less on Jimmy cop exploits, but the "twist" in the final scene was a sweet episode payoff.

big ander

Aw that ending was sweet. Some of the weirder moments in the entire show, though, between the dirt-eating and the squirrel rape. But hey, when the ending's that nice it's hard to complain.

New episode tonight:
The Last Christmas

Convinced that the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012, Virginia stocks up on supplies and makes her family train for the apocalypse; Jimmy tries to make Hope's Christmas special.

big ander

Heh, that was a pretty good episode. Unwelcome return of the alpaca though. That gag makes me, well, gag. But Jimmy's quest to make Hope's christmas great was nice (lol @ trying to freeze the chocolate and put it back).

Stand-up joke too, just like himym this week. Weird how that happens with sitcoms so often it seems.

Gone for a month now.

big ander

Very good episode. Think my favorite line was Burt talking about being the last man on earth due to everyone else jumping off the bridge.

New episode tonight:
Lord of the Ring

Jimmy participates in medical experiments to raise money for an engagement ring; when Jimmy finds the perfect ring at a pawn shop, it ends up being Virginia's.

big ander

I thought it was an awesome episode. The zany ring trading went so far and just kept getting funnier, making the Virginia/Sabrina bond stronger always works, and it was sweet overall about both relationships. Oh, and Frank was hilariously wrong. "some day, some lucky girl's gonna get my wiener diamond". As hilariously wrong: those pills at the end, and the voice in the production tag was right: testicles are funny.

Snake

Big Judy (the pawn shop lady) completely dominated this episode. I wanted to clap for her when it was over.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This has been a very good season so far... im glad this show is still on, it's the right kind of weird I've been wanting from a family sitcom again.

A man can only rewatch so much Malcom in the Middle before its not enough...

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
I loved this show in the beginning. I thought the first episode was great. I watched all of season 1 and 2 but I kind of felt like the story ran out of steam when
Jimmy hooked up with Sabrina at the end of season 2.
I realised at that point that it was the only reason why I was watching the show. Just waiting for that to happen. It was strange. The desire to watch future episodes just disappeared after seeing that. It's a legitimately good show. I enjoyed almost every episode I watched. I'm just not in any rush to catch the new season. How does season 3 compare to 1 and 2? Superior?

big ander

Joke-wise this week was pretty much on fire, loved Burt not having seen The Hangover and Jimmy's irritated self-narration. My only thing was that the entire idea of Frank pulling that off seemed odd, even for this show. Whatever, it mostly worked.
I loved this show in the beginning. I thought the first episode was great. I watched all of season 1 and 2 but I kind of felt like the story ran out of steam when
Jimmy hooked up with Sabrina at the end of season 2.[/not a spoiler] I realised at that point that it was the only reason why I was watching the show. Just waiting for that to happen. It was strange. The desire to watch future episodes just disappeared after seeing that. It's a legitimately good show. I enjoyed almost every episode I watched. I'm just not in any rush to catch the new season. How does season 3 compare to 1 and 2? Superior?
as good. don't know if I can pick a favorite season.
I felt the opposite about Jimmy and Sabrina. it's nice to see a sitcom push people into a committed relationship quickly. When two characters have chemistry they shouldn't be kept apart just so the writers can mine for repetitive story lines. If the chemistry is there, you can write good episodes about them being together too. Which is what they've done in s3. They've made Sabrina more and more weird and it's hilarious.

New episode tonight:
Modern Wedding; Yo Zappa Do, Part 1

Sabrina's mom hires the camera crew from "Modern Family" to film Jimmy and Sabrina's nuptials; Maw Maw and Reverend Bob butt heads; the family goes on a road trip to Los Angeles for a taping of Hope's favorite show.
It's a 1-hr episode this evening.

big ander

awesome that it goes to 2eps a week for a while, kinda sucks that that breaks a two-parter over two weeks. Oh well, the first episode tonight sounds hilarious.

Anoregon

Dat Sabrina talking to the camera scene at the end of first ep.

awesome that it goes to 2eps a week for a while, kinda sucks that that breaks a two-parter over two weeks. Oh well, the first episode tonight sounds hilarious.
I think they split it just to make that joke at the end of Part 1.

I love how self-aware this show is

beat

I think they split it just to make that joke at the end of Part 1.
Even if it was a pickup shot added very late, how could they have known this was the week Ben & Kate would be cancelled? If it'd been another week and the show got doubled up then, there'd have been a 50% chance it'd be parts 1 and 2 on the same night.

big ander

Busy week so I haven't watched the second episode from Tuesday yet, but I thought the wedding was kinda a fumble. Had sweet and funny moments and bringing back Lucy worked decently, but the documentary thing was awkward and unfulfilled.

big ander

Okay you all were right: ending to the second episode on tuesday/first of the two-parter was so so great. That, the goth costumes, and the kangaroo vs. monkey debate were amazing.

New episodes tonight:
Yo Zappa Do, Part 2; Sex, Clown and Videotape

When Hope and Jimmy start working on "Yo Zappa Do," the show's star makes Jimmy's life miserable; Virginia and Burt learn that the contents of their storage locker -- including an incriminating home video -- are up for auction.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
thats what the show was... i was trying to think of the name while i was watching it but couldn't remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom