• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raising Hope Season 3 |OT| Only loved by those who practice Scienceology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzeon

Banned
i dont always watch this show, but when i catch it channel surfing i always like it.

its a great show, tonights episodes were amazing.

big ander

Both of those episodes were fantastic, wow. All of the end of the 2-parter was great with the best part being that ending no-joke joke. perfect. Sex, Clown and Videotape wasn't quite as good, but it was still really excellent. I haven't seen Yes Dear so the couple stuff worked differently for me I guess. And this being the first episode to really take place post-wedding, the Jimmy/Sabrina marriage seems like it's going to work very well.

Did anyone watch yes dear? that show use to be awesome. i love the cameo in this ep. :D

Yup. I never gave it a chance at first because I thought it was a stupid family comedy, but I started watching it in syndication and I really enjoyed it. I loved when they showed Greg being a dick like in the Usual Suspects episode.

Best part of the cameo? Now Raising Hope, Yes Dear and My Name is Earl are now all confirmed to be the same universe (despite the Earl meta joke this week).

Irish

Man, both episodes last night were really great. Raising Hope just seems to hit all of the right notes for me. Great cameos all around as well.

Dthomp

I just finished the My name is Earl episode and it makes me forget how much I enjoyed that show and miss it with the garbage on TV these days

- THR: Greg Garcia Exits Fox's 'Raising Hope'
Fox's Raising Hope has set a new showrunner for its recently announced fourth season.

As part of Greg Garcia's recent deal with CBS Television Studios, the showrunner is exiting the series he created, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. He will be replaced at the helm of the Martha Plimpton comedy by Mike Mariano, who has served as an exec producer and writer on the series since 2010 and previously worked with Garcia on My Name Is Earl.

Garcia inked a rich four-year overall deal with CBSTVS in May. Under the pact, the writer/exec producer received two pilot orders at CBS -- Super Clyde, starring Harry Potter's Rupert Grint and the "unauthorized" comedy with Up All Night's Will Arnett -- with one considered a shoo-in to land on the network's schedule come fall.

Fox renewed Raising Hope -- from 20th Television, where Garcia's Amigos de Garcia Productions banner was previously housed -- for a fourth season Monday.

Mariano is repped by CAA.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It was already known that this was his last season as showrunner, right? Just so that there isn't a lot of SHOW DOOMED panic.

Glad the show got renewed. That Hillary Duff episode was pretty good, but it felt like it was supposed to be a two parter. It seemed like it ended very abruptly.

It was already known that this was his last season as showrunner, right? Just so that there isn't a lot of SHOW DOOMED panic.
Honestly, I haven't really been following it, but it isn't too much of a surprise since he has other projects that he's trying to get off the ground.

big ander

Hm. Well. Hopefully Mariano hems close to Garcia's vision. Just seems funny, what with Garcia's kids popping up on the show all the time, that he'd leave.

beat

Hm. Well. Hopefully Mariano hems close to Garcia's vision. Just seems funny, what with Garcia's kids popping up on the show all the time, that he'd leave.

He signed an overall deal with CBS around the end of last season; I think I remember reading at the time that one of the conditions was he spend one more year showrunning RH, and then he would make his CBS projects first priority.

big ander

He signed an overall deal with CBS around the end of last season; I think I remember reading at the time that one of the conditions was he spend one more year showrunning RH, and then he would make his CBS projects first priority.

Yeah I don't find the news surprising at all, simply didn't know it. Must have missed that fact last year.
I just meant that it could be funny next year if "Trace!" is showing up as young jimmy still but his dad is working over at CBS.

big ander

Fox pulling Ben and Kate and the resulting doubling of this show made the closing to this season feel kinda rushed time-wise, but every episode was pretty great. That holds for these final two episodes. The Musical was just wacky enough and had some jokes that were facepalm-worthy in a very satisfying way ("Finnish" "I'm trying!"). Mother's Day was really damn weird and even dark, all while being classically sweet. Focusing on the Sabrina/Virginia relationship is always wonderful.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Even if the musical bit fell a bit short I still appreciate that the show does stuff like this... Hard to find a bit of imagination and spontaneity on television anymore.

Am I the only one who thought Barney and Burts mother looked related in some way? Had to look it up after their scene together, thought they looked way too similar.

Episode fell kind of flat for me, I only really liked the first musical bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom