• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rakuten Securities analyst expects PS5 to release between April 2021 and March 2022

Meowzers

November 2020 just seems so obvious. I love my Xbox One X, but I'm ready now for Xbox 2/PS5.

But, the longer the wait is better in the long run I guess. It's just that all the excitement for hardware reveals drives me to insanity. I really hope Microsoft announce Xbox 2 like with Scorpio at E3 2016.
It gets everyone ready like that.

I stopped bothering with new generations after ps3. The console and game prices are too much IMHO.

Yeah I'm gonna be sitting it out for a year or 2-3 as well probably. Haven't played PS4 enough to justify the investment sadly. I've sort of switched (ha) back to Nintendo as I just seem to get more enjoyment out of that right now. On top of that, PS5 won't be able to match my current laptop so I doubt I'll miss much for those first years.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I stopped bothering with new generations after ps3. The console and game prices are too much IMHO.
I have the same sentiment as you. My first PS4 was the Pro. The Switch is the only recent console I got on launch day (and I haven't regretted it).

I don't think Sony wants to wait until 2021 unless they absolutely have to. No way they're going to miss the holidays and potentially give Microsoft a head start (if they announce they're launching fall 2020).

Yoda

That'd be quite the first party drought for Sony if it's true. I think late 2020 still makes more sense.

NickFire

I cannot see them waiting that long. Way too much risk that MS beats them by a long shot and takes huge lead. And it doesn't jive with cancelling 2019 E3. That decision has to be designed to either minimize proof that cycle is ending sometime in year after Christmas 2019, or because they want their own show to start discussing PS5 with all eyes on them when they do. I think 2019 is more likely than 2021.

Justin9mm

It's November 2020, always was and always will be! Don't even know why this is being discussed, if you know how business is run then you would know.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Me trying to Stop the launch of The last of us Part II as long as possible..

fFZeEnb.gif

So PLEASE LAUNCH THE LAST OF US PART II IN NEXT YEAR AT LEAST!

You know

Launch of The last of us part II = RIP for PS4

Last edited:
Top Bottom