• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rallisport Championship 2 Season 2 Thread! AGAIN! sign up friends!

arrrgh i said to myself when i made the last one a few days ago "Copy and paste this stuff into a folder so you have it incase the old forums crash again..." of course I didn't listen to my advice, so i'll update this thread tomorrow after school (i'm studying for my LAST final thank god!)

anyways, for the time being long story short we're going to have a 2nd Team Season in rallisport 2 on xsnsports.com. it's an 8 team league, with 4 players per team. so we need 32 people. if you WANT IN ON THE ACTION, simply reply in this thread with your xbox gamertag. i'm going to create the league tomorrow, and i'll begin sending out invites shortly after.

post now if you want in on it, i will fix this post with more info tomorrow. QUADFORCE!!

----------
*Update 6/7

Ok, here's the deal:

1. We're having a team season. 8 teams, 4 players per team, 32 players.
2. The longest a season can be is 5 rounds, and we will be using that.
3. We'll have the top 8 players from season 1 become captains.
4. Post some good tracks and i'll pick those!
5. Collision will be ghost so you can race with amigos
6. Round times are between 1-7 days. Post here with your preference. The way it happens is like this: Say we choose to have a 3 day period between rounds. So, you have 3 days to post as many times as you want. Your best time is your score. There are 32 people in the league. So, if you get the best score, you get 32 points. If you get the worst, you get 1 point. If you DONT POST A RACE TIME, you get 0! don't let this happen!
------------

also, i know we said top 8 players are captains, but the teams could STILL become unfair. let me know how you guys want to do this (for instance, #1 racer paired with #32, etc). it's up to you guys

ok dudes, so sign in now!

01. FrenchMov
02. DMczaf
03. Gunstar77
04. Shpankey
05. Bebpo
06. Mightyhedgehog
07. DopeyFish
08. KindBudMaster
09. Shadyrequiem
10. Bog
11. DrJealousy
12. Che Guevara
13. caninusrule
14. Jedimike
15. speedrazor

DMczaf

karma.jpg

Hahaha!

shpankey

not an idiot
Damnit Frenchy! ;) That's the second time you capitalized my name! It's "shpankey" not "Shpankey". Meanie! ;) Anyways, I'm not going to make it in Season two... I will be out of town on and off for up to 6 weeks (to Houston) for my daughters surgery and recovery.

Here are some suggestions though...

*** Seven day rounds. There's been a few times some of us had to go out of town and it's been very tough to get a time in (aka Round 1 and 2 for me). Also, I know op_ivy missed a round because of this and it really hurt his team. Also, this way nobody ever has an excuse. More importantly, everyone can get in a rythmn of when the next round starts. Like, every Friday, everyone knows the new round begins and there's no questions or confusion.

*** Use the very best cars in each stage. Think about this.... if you use the best cars, then we have a legitimate chance to get a Top 10 time on the XBL leaderboards. As it stands now, all of this work we do on the different tracks in our current season goes for naught. Also, XSN opens up all cars for everyone, so there's no need to worry about having to unlock a car. On XSN leagues, they are all unlocked for everyone by default.

I wish I could join... good luck everyone!

P.S. Quadforce, I am leaving for Houston for a few days in a few minutes, so the time I get in for Round 5 today will have to do. I hope it's enough for us to win!

Bebpo

Banned
I would not like seven day rounds because then I would not be able to finish season 2 before I move to Japan ^^;;

Personally I think even 3 days is a bit much. I mean you sit down for 1 night and give it a couple of hours and then your done for the round. Waiting another 2 days for the next track gets a bit boring IMO. I wouldn't mind 2 day rounds for next time :)

B'z-chan

Banned
I ordered my game finally. So i should get it in the next week. When i do i'm all up for getting in on this tournament stuff.

XBL tag= Neo007Cypher

Fifty

I agree 100% with the suggestion for having the best cars in each stage one. Now I know I'm not a very good player, sometimes I'm even awful, but since we've got some fantastic players here, it would be great to be able to set some top 10 times while racing in the seas

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'll try my best to race more in season 2. had a tough time with season one, as i had a birthday, a trip out of town, and the release of three kick ass xbox games (riddick, fsw, and thief).

i'm for 7 day rounds, as then everyone should be able to get at the very least a few hours with the track if they want it. i am a bit scared at how far the best will push their times though (looking at you kindbudmaster)

<---- Op1vy

hgplayer1

add me (hgplayer1) but I dont like the idea of 7 day rounds. too long and drawn out. I think the way it was set up for season one with regards to round length was perfect. it kept the tension high.

yoink, being that i can no longer edit my first post (time limit i guess) ill bump this thread with an updated roster listing. invites will go out tomorrow... possibly tonight!

01. FrenchMov
02. DMczaf
03. Gunstar77
04. shpankey (?)
05. Bebpo
06. Mightyhedgehog
07. DopeyFish
08. KindBudMaster
09. Shadyrequiem
10. Bog
11. DrJealousy
12. Che Guevara
13. caninusrule
14. Jedimike
15. speedrazor
16. Neo007Cypher
17. Op1vy
18. Fowler007
19. scribb1er
20. hgplayer1
21. CK

Bebpo

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yoink, being that i can no longer edit my first post (time limit i guess) ill bump this thread with an updated roster listing. invites will go out tomorrow... possibly tonight!

Before you do invites don't we need to decide on the teams so we know which team to join?

yes, very good point. i guess we'll get that all squared away, although its not hard to "quit" a team and rejoin, but still its easier to just set it all up before hand.

aerofx

So how are the players' etiquette in this game? Do they love to ram you against the wall or off the cliff?

Fowler

FYI, I'm all for 4 day rounds and for the #1 ranked player being paired with the #32 and so on... but with a lot of people who didn't participate in the first season (like me) it might be hard to figure those rankings out.

Alternately you could only seperate the top 8 as captains, then have them pick their own teams playground style on IRC (#8 picks someone first, etc).

Or finally you can just rank Season 1's players and randomly divide and assign everyone else.

aero everyone races separately. you can ram into walls and go off cliffs if you like, but you will only be hurting your team in the end if you dont put in a serious time. in season 2, it will be much more likely that groups of people will race TOGETHER because collision detection will be set to ghost. as it is now, solid, it's impossible to race together as a team at the same time and put forth a good time because you're always crashing into each other. it was an oversight on my part in season 1 to not select ghost collision.

also, about "picking the best cars", how do i know which is the best set for the track?

I wanna do it, but i dont think i can do my team justice by just putting in 10 - 30 minutes a track.

i really dont have time to play currently...

I only did good once so far in Season 1, and that was when one of my teammates didnt post a time so it was pointless.

but yea, season 1 was pretty cool, dont think il be doing season 2 tho, dont wanna disapoint whatever team im on.

peace

Bebpo

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, about "picking the best cars", how do i know which is the best set for the track?

After you decide which tracks you want to use, just post the names of them here and someone will tell you which cars set is the best for each one.

Pachinko

I'll join in, I'll never miss out on a round I can promise that much.

My track suggestion is that every round takes less then 2 minutes to race once. 3 or more minutes to complete a round time is too much, also preferably nothing with laps.

It's too bad you can't have exceptions to the daily limit... 4 days for every round except the last one , with a 2 day limit on the final round , also make the final the only track that is over 3 minutes to finish...

And put in some ice racing damnit, thats my best area.

Dur hey-

gamertag = otakugamer

01. FrenchMov
02. DMczaf
03. Gunstar77
05. Bebpo
06. Mightyhedgehog
07. DopeyFish
08. KindBudMaster
09. Shadyrequiem
10. Bog
11. DrJealousy
12. Che Guevara
13. caninusrule
14. Jedimike
15. speedrazor
16. Neo007Cypher
17. Op1vy
18. Fowler007
19. scribb1er
20. hgplayer1
21. CK
22. shinobi
23. otakugamer
24. massappeal
25. gonzo24
26. fennecfox
27. blasttyrant
28. MrBob (sorry bobbo!)
29. sefskillz

Fifty

Yeah, the short races have been by far the best in this tournament. It also gives you a lot more motivation to improve your time, seeing as how it doesn't require 3+ minutes each time, with a mistake at the end totally killing you. I agree about posting the tracks here and then deciding which cars to use, although in most cases I'd assume we'd just use the Hillclimb or Rally 2 cars, rather than the 1's.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fifty said:
Yeah, the short races have been by far the best in this tournament. It also gives you a lot more motivation to improve your time, seeing as how it doesn't require 3+ minutes each time, with a mistake at the end totally killing you. I agree about posting the tracks here and then deciding which cars to use, although in most cases I'd assume we'd just use the Hillclimb or Rally 2 cars, rather than the 1's.

i want some group b 2 cars as well :)

shpankey

not an idiot
French, as I was saying in the other post, I'm not going to be able to participate in Season 2 due to my daughters surgery in Houston... which will put me down in Houston in and out for up to 5 weeks. All of my attention and focus will be with her, so I won't be able to play.

I see you have me added to the Season 2 list... so you should probably edit me out of that.

Good luck though everyone.

shpankey

not an idiot
Hey thanks you two. That is very kind of you both. We are excited, yet nervous at the same time. Very apprehensive. If things work out like we hope, our little girl will have a chance at a normal life.

Nester

I don't think I'll be racing in Season 2 either. Need to get unbanned from Xbox live. I usually load all my games to the HD to play Single Player, and I had Auto Connect turned off in the Xbox Dash. Seems FSW went ahead and connected anyways, and I got banned. I didn't even get to play one game of FSW online yet with the retail disc, damnit!

I guess it's just a quick $10 fix, but I don't want to let my team down if I can't get it done in time.

01. FrenchMov
02. DMczaf
03. Gunstar77
05. Bebpo
06. Mightyhedgehog
07. DopeyFish
08. KindBudMaster
09. Shadyrequiem
10. Bog
11. DrJealousy
12. Che Guevara
13. caninusrule
14. Jedimike
16. Neo007Cypher
17. Op1vy
18. Fowler007
19. scribb1er
20. hgplayer1
21. CK
22. shinobi
23. otakugamer
24. massappeal
25. gonzo24
26. fennecfox
27. blasttyrant
28. MrBob (sorry bobbo!)
29. sefskillz
30. Ijoel

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Looks like I'm staring down the barrel of a total score between 90-95. Which is just about what, 18-19 points per track. Meaning I averaged 14th place. Damn I wanted to be a team captain. It's totally my fault for just not caring about the 2nd and 3rd tracks. :(

FMT, don't forget to make collisions ghosts so team mates can help each other.

01. FrenchMov
02. DMczaf
03. Gunstar77
05. Bebpo
06. Mightyhedgehog
07. DopeyFish
08. KindBudMaster
09. Shadyrequiem
10. Bog
11. DrJealousy
12. Che Guevara
13. caninusrule
14. Jedimike
15. speedrazor
16. Neo007Cypher
17. Op1vy
18. Fowler007
19. scribb1er
20. hgplayer1
21. CK
22. shinobi
23. otakugamer
24. massappeal
25. gonzo24
26. fennecfox
27. blasttyrant
28. MrBob (sorry bobbo!)
29. sefskillz
30. Ijoel

-----------

ok, we need 3 more people. i'm going to begin setting it up now, so if you want to join later before the deadline is up just post here! now to figure out team structure... i'll post in a minute w/ the captains

Top Bottom