• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay offers U$589 worth of games based on current market value

Whether it's an accurate number or not doesn't change the fact that it's a value packed deal. Wasn't expecting it and am pleasantly surprised. Never played Tooie, nuts and bolts or Perfect dark zero so pretty excited. Looking forward to replaying conker as well.

Are the two Banjo games going to be the originals or the HD ports?

Going to buy the disc even though I don't own a XB1. May get a revision of the console a few years down the line when it's nice and cheap and hopefully a little smaller.

Kinsei

Banned
Are the two Banjo games going to be the originals or the HD ports?

Going to buy the disc even though I don't own a XB1. May get a revision of the console a few years down the line when it's nice and cheap and hopefully a little smaller.

HD Ports, same with Perfect Dark.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Are you doing MS' PR for them OP? This shit is meaningless with respect to value perception.

cXqUSn7.jpg

To everyone arguing that market value doesn't matter.

This is the price of buying every game in this collection separately before this collection was ever offered. Why are you offended by this kind of metric?

Seems like it is worth $30 to Microsoft.

I guess next time we do a PSN+ thread on yearly value we can just say that games are really only worth a year of PSN+ because that's what Sony thinks.

Same with Xbox Live games with gold yearly value threads.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
...I've never played it...
Then you will feel ashamed not to have written "60$; full price, definitely" next to it after you have played it. One of the best games ever made.

I think this is not a fair comparison anyway, because if you buy Rare Replay it's yours to keep forever (well, until you're dead, lose your disc or break your disc) without any additional costs.

Rocky

Banned
cXqUSn7.jpg

To everyone arguing that market value doesn't matter.

This is the price of buying every game in this collection separately before this collection was ever offered. Why are you offended by this kind of metric?

I guess next time we do a PSN+ thread on yearly value we can just say that games are really only worth a year of PSN+ because that's what Sony thinks.

No, it's actually the price of buying every game from greedy scalpers who inflate their prices. It's hardly a legitimate "market" to use to gauge value.

FordGTGuy

Banned
No, it's actually the price of buying every game from greedy scalpers who inflate their prices. It's hardly a legitimate "market" to use to gauge value.

It's still the price you're going to have to pay to buy the game if you wanted it before this collection was created.

Market value is determined by what people are willing to pay for a product, sometimes things like Rare Replay will disrupt that idea...

Also, the people paying the money for these older titles are doing it for collections and not to play them.

I would have easily paid $60 for this compilation tbh , all the N64 games are worth the $30, all the others are just bonuses

I'm so hyped to play through blast corps x jet force Gemini again B^)

Camjo-Z

This really is one of the best values I've seen in any compilation, especially considering the bonus features are a lot more substantial than what you usually get. Seriously can't wait.

shandy706

Man I thought I spent a lot when I paid $50 for Conker last year. Holy crap at the price now!

Here I am with 3 copies in storage...maybe I should sell a couple.

I would pay the $30 for this even if it was just "here, have the N64 Conker again".

The value is amazing.

Yeah, $30 is ridiculously cheap. They could have pulled off $40-$60 easy.

Fake Edit** LOL @ the downplayers and boobooers

I'm looking forward to getting the achievement for finding the trailer in Lunar Jetman!

I'm an old enough fart to have lived through a time where every single one of these games was the pretty much the cutting edge of videogame entertainment. They're all priceless!

Still, why not Pssst or Cookie or Trans Am?

jimi_dini

The metric is apple and oranges.

It would be exactly the same if for example Nintendo releases World Championship on Virtual Console and someone says: "hey, wow. They are selling $100.000 for only $5".

This:
7EhQIwS.jpg

is not the same as a digital download or digital disc. The market value of that one isn't just about the data inside the ROM, is that so difficult to understand?

JkWWH71.jpg

This is a game, that is worth around $800. If it gets released on GOG, it wouldn't bring physical copies down in price. And GOG also surely wouldn't be able to ask $50 for it or even more than that. I mean they could, but noone would pay that price.

Rare Replay is of course a great deal, but it's not $589 worth of games.

Shiggy

Then you will feel ashamed not to have written "60$; full price, definitely" next to it after you have played it. One of the best games ever made.

Beyond your nostalgic feelings, it doesn't really hold up that well, just like most games from the N64 era.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Beyond your nostalgic feelings, it doesn't really hold up that well, just like most games from the N64 era.
It holds up fantastically. This has nothing to do with nostalgia, but with sublime level design.

Top Bottom