• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare reserved pages for Killer Instinct, Battletoads & Banjo-Kazooie in 2010

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Just because Rare is resuscitating these games doesn't mean that they're going to go anywhere after the shoddy initial entry.

Remember this?

Perfect-Dark-Zero.jpg

I had this game and can't find a copy of it anywhere. I'd love to try it again to remember how much fun it was.

ThEoRy...

To be honest, I really don't quite understand the fascination with Killer Instinct these days. Yes, I had a ton of fun with it back in the day. Yes I pretty much mastered every character/combo etc. and destroyed all of my friends. Is it a good idea to revive this fighting game IP and make it a first party exclusive on modern consoles? I don't think so.

It's not 1994 and the fighting game market is pretty niche as it is. Making it a console exclusive seems like a risky move. I'm sure we can all agree that Rare's talent is better utilized reviving other franchises you would rather see with a much greater reward to risk ratio.

dcx4610

Still not enough to convince me to get a Xbone.

Killer Instinct is one of my all time favorite games but none of the programmers are still with Rare that had anything to do with it.

If I want to play KI or Battletoads, I'll play the arcade version and the NES game respectively.

trmas

Banned
Rare is the ONLY thing that would convince me to buy an XBone. Fortunately for me, they've been dead for years now.

King_Moc

Banned
The Xbox audience mostly wouldn't buy them, even if they were good. Which seems unlikely nowadays.

How on earth did Viva Pinata and Nuts and Bolts bomb? Craziness.

Striek

Battletoads and traditional B-K, yes, yes, yes... please. I assume theres no chance of them doing a N&Bs 2.

Never understood the love for KI though.

I´m a huge Banjo-Kazooie fan, but man that would be really tough for me if a proper third action adventure/platformer would come for MS drm machine.

I think if the game turns out good/great i would have to rent the console and game for a week to get my fix.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The Xbox audience mostly wouldn't buy them, even if they were good. Which seems unlikely nowadays.

How on earth did Viva Pinata and Nuts and Bolts bomb? Craziness.

I downloaded and played the Nuts and Bolts demo. I really hoped it was going to be a proper sequel to Banjo. Sadly it was not so no buy from me.

Just because Rare is resuscitating these games doesn't mean that they're going to go anywhere after the shoddy initial entry.

Remember this?
Yep. Pretty much all the talent of the developer left, all they have nowadays is a shell of what used to be a brand and some IP's collecting dust while waiting to be ruined.

Please, no Banjo Platformer. I can't afford to buy another Microsoft console for a B-K game. Not again......

I can't take another crushing disappointment like the one I suffered with Nuts and Bolts.

So Rare owned Battletoads all this time and the last Battletoads was published by EA and developed by Rare the same year Donkey Kong Country released. Was rare still a 3rd party then?

Either way booo to Rare, Nintendo and Microsoft for not giving us more Battletoads.

I can promise Microsoft one thing. If not a single one of these games is shown at E3 I am DONE with Xbox. I know these page URLs mean nothing i'm just saying i've been sticking with Xbox for the hope they would keep making classic 90s Rare games but they seem to have given up that dream several years ago now. No good Rare games unveiled, no Xbox One purchase from me.

Top Bottom