• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare reserved pages for Killer Instinct, Battletoads & Banjo-Kazooie in 2010

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
B
A
T
T
L
E

mother fucking

T
O
A
D
S

please

I would even take a remake or something collection flavored on XBLA or whatever it will be called on Xbone.

gohanrage

How could you do battletoads in 3D? I had the original game for NES and it was incredibly Hard. Never seen what they did with the SNES game

Hard to Believe 2D games will be on Xbox ONe and PS4.

Will we ever see cartoon / cel shading

ec0ec0

why would you like new rare making this games? the only thing that has not change is the ip. If you want to give me a new banjo, ask nintendo about it. I trust them.

And hello PRISM.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The only RARE property I can ever get hyped about.

Hyper-realistic terrifying Battletoads.
vo3G9cb.jpg

DO IT.

CrisKre

I don't want a killer instinct game. Literally ANY other of the rare properties id prefer instead of KI.

I won't buy an XBone, but Im still curious to see what rate has in store (as long as it's not KI).

Sorian

Banned
A proper Banjo sequel (that lives up to the reputation) is probably the only thing that could get me to buy an Xbone if they got the exclusive. I don't see that happening but there it is in writing.

NotLiquid

From what I heard, this is unlikely since Conker is Chris Seavor's baby. :(

Rare has the rights to it so they can still make it. Speaking personally though, Rare's older talent being gone is almost inherently more harmful for Conker than any other franchise. You can strip away half of the staff that made Banjo and still make a Banjo game that looks and feels nice even though it would have nowhere near the same amount of heart, but Seavor practically is Conker. Without his wit, voice, writing and charisma, it would never be the same. The initial South Park comparisons with the game were true for more reasons than one - without that consistent talent, you stand to lose everything it has to offer.

Dramos

I hope we get the proper sequel the best game in the series deserves.

Nuts and Bolts 2.

He owns the franchise rights?

I guess unless Rare has the legitimate rights to Conker ,but I wouldn't mind having N&B 2. As along as they prioritize and re-incorporate classic platforming. The vehicular platforming was a good idea I think it didn't benefit from the environment setting and story line. It should have been placed second. You would build a car and plane just for the heck of it and play mini games. Having said, I need some next-gen "jiggy" and "easter egg" collecting!

Nuts and Bolts 2, please. It's definitely a more unique concept than a collect-a-thon 3D platformer.

While I completely disagree for the reasoning behind this, I hope for another Nuts and Bolts so I can justify never buying an X1. Because if there was a new 3D platformer, I'd actually consider a purchase, and I really don't want it to have to come to that.

NotLiquid

Why did Nintendo give up Rare in the first place? :(

Pretty sure it had to do with the fact that Rare was costing Nintendo a tons of money due to their constantly extended dev times and circumstances. Conker's Bad Fur Day was the straw that broke the camel's back and Dinosaur Planet wasn't too hot.

Pretty sure it had to do with the fact that Rare was costing Nintendo a tons of money due to their constantly extended dev times and circumstances. Conker's Bad Fur Day was the straw that broke the camel's back and Dinosaur Planet wasn't too hot.

Rah. I'm sure at this point, Nintendo wouldn't care for such things. Since they want to bring the hardcore back, apparently. Then Banjo & Kazooie in Smash? D:

Also, if Retro/EAD worked on Rare titles. O.e

At this point, I'm not even sure how I'd react to a new Banjo-Kazooie, even if it were a real platformer.

Most of the people who worked on Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie have left now. I honestly don't think modern-day Rare could make a Banjo game on par with the first two. I'd love to be proven wrong, but there's currently no reason to believe otherwise.

Grant Kirkhope is no longer with Rare, so the soundtrack certainly wouldn't be as good.

realityaxe

Neo Member
Yes, YES AND YES!
It would be amazing if this were true and all these games made an appearance at E3. Banjo exclusive would definitely make it hard to resist the temptation of owning the xbox one.

Just hope there's more surprises on the way. Looking forward to what E3 holds, sounds like we won't be disappointed.

sorry if already mentioned, but I had no clue Rare/MS own Battletoads. If so, I'm gonna boycott answering the phone at work (Gamestop). Killer Instinct or bust

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Time for disappointment... I'll never get to play that new Battletoads.

Satchel

Banned
A collect a thon Banjo, Battletoads and KI?

Oh man, my wallet would beat the shit out of me and drag me into a store.

With the current popularity of 2D platformers, Battletoads could work as a downloadable game surely?

Yeah... it's never going to happen.

I think the website update is exactly what is going on here.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I will flip my shit if we really get a new KI. I need to stop while I'm ahead because I'm not sure if I can handle a let down like that.

puebla

it makes sense to do something with battletoads on arcade. they would have to have balls of steel to remake it as a 3d game but it would be amazing.

Muku

Would make for an interesting E3 if any truth is in it. But I kind of doubt it. Though not sure I could trust Rare enough to tackle it. I wanted a Banjo-Kazooie sequel and we got Nuts and Bolts. :/ I'm praying they're just placeholders at this point. If there was an actual sequel to these games, I'd cry. Because I'm not supporting the XB1 as it stands now.

I would have been excited for this in the past, but over the years the company seems to have lost many employees and their touch.

Top Bottom