• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare reserved pages for Killer Instinct, Battletoads & Banjo-Kazooie in 2010

Moosehole

Obviously these links mean nothing.

Even if Rare were making a new KI (I actually believe they are) or anything else that people actually want the chances of it being any good are basically non-existant.

All of the people at Rare who made all those games we love don't work there anymore.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm endlessly amused by the fact that people would actually want a new KI. I loved the original back in the day, but I just feel like a new one would suck.

I'm endlessly amused by the fact that people would actually want a new KI. I loved the original back in the day, but I just feel like a new one would suck.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nintendo strip RARE of a lot of their talent before MS bought them?

AoM

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nintendo strip RARE of a lot of their talent before MS bought them?

I think they lost the majority of their talent in the early years after the purchase. After they realized that they needed to get out.

Made by Rare, yes. That's not to say MS couldn't give the franchise to someone else and just stick the Rare logo on it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
jet force Gemini as been rumored since 3 years ago so that could be something

Obviously these links mean nothing.

Even if Rare were making a new KI (I actually believe they are) or anything else that people actually want the chances of it being any good are basically non-existant.

All of the people at Rare who made all those games we love don't work there anymore.

Not only is that still a myth (people were saying this during the Nuts & Bolts days when the Banjo team was 95% the same), but also...

...when will people realize the entire pool of UK game talent is not limited to people who worked at Rare fifteen years ago?

Gestault

Not only is that still a myth (people were saying this during the Nuts & Bolts days when the Banjo team was 95% the same), but also...

...when will people realize the entire pool of UK game talent is not limited to people who worked at Rare fifteen years ago?

Point appreciated. (Full disclosure: I really liked Nuts & Bolts).

Brofield

It took me ages to hunt down Battletoads: Double Dragon, and even then I got it on Sega Genesis.

I'd love to see a 2.5D remake with a re-recorded soundtrack filled with synth and electric guitar shredding and the funkiest basslines in gaming music history, and using those same scanline techniques that Ubisoft got in FC: Blood Dragon.

But more than anything I want it to come to all consoles. Especially Wii U.

Azure J

Oh sure Rare, bring up Banjo-Kazooie in the dawn of the one MS console I'm vehemently opposed to. =/

Edit: Just read that tweet up there... Welp, back to status quo.

kenjisalk

I think Banjo and Battletoads are a smokescreen and we're bound to hear the announcement for the new Killer Instinct in a few days.

If we DO see the other two properties at E3, my money is on an xbla Battletoads (probably a remake) and a Kinect minigame collection with Banjo characters.

NIGHT-

Don't know what people are saying about the talent leaving, viva piñata, kameo and banjo nuts and bolts were all amazing games

Edit-
I still think RARE will have a big showing at e3, too bad I don't have a interest in xb1. Wish ms would of let them focus on real games on the 2nd half of the 360s life

Folstern

Battletoads Kinect, anyone?

riding3_zps8cb2a4c8.gif

Top Bottom