• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

tha_devil

I own a couple of rare press kit:

This is only a selection of the rarest, sorry couldnt pick one.

wPiAu.jpg

TT9Yt.jpg

QSbcX.jpg

uR4lz.jpg

rF7N3.jpg

zHG4U.jpg

VLJJM.jpg

TOMGJ.jpg

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Are rare press kits cool, or are they... um... attempted bribery? Probably not a topic for this thread. Still, awesome things to have.

Probably the only somewhat rare game I have that I can think of is Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. Been waiting for an opportunity to obtain Subsistence for a decent price.

Machine

I have a lot of "rare" Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon Saga. I also have a lot of the "rare" PS1 games like Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden 2 and several of the hard to find shmups for the DC like Border Down and Under Defeat. However, I think the rarest thing I own may be my Gameboy Advance SP special edition featuring Groudon with matching carrying case. These don't show up on Ebay often. There's a new one on there right now that someone is trying to get $799.00 for!

IMG_01401.jpg

Metroid Prime Trilogy, came with a mini-artbook and slipcover too, and a nice metallic-looking case. A shame I didn't end up liking any of the games too much, lol.

tygertrip

Whoa. I had the Donkey Kong Jr. game and watch back in the day. Sold it/gave it way/threw it away probably 25 years ago. Anyway, its on the 3DS virtual console now and I almost cried from nostalgia when I loaded it up. I must have been 7 or 8 years old when I last played it. Damn youngn's today, don't even remember a time when Mario was occasionally a villian.
As far as rare games, the only one I've got even somewhat rare is Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I had no idea until this thread. I do have a bunch of 2600 cartridges back at my folk's house, but I really doubt those are "rare", damn console was just too popular.
Goddamn kids don't know how lucky they have it.

[edit] I totally forgot. This is mine!

d7cb8970-1.jpg

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Whoa. I had the Donkey Kong Jr. game and watch back in the day. Sold it/gave it way/threw it away probably 25 years ago. Anyway, its on the 3DS virtual console now and I almost cried from nostalgia when I loaded it up. I must have been 7 or 8 years old when I last played it. Damn youngn's today, don't even remember a time when Mario was occasionally a villian.

I do, brother. I do. Me and a buddy used to make mazes when we were 10 or 11 based on games. Check it out:

201w-04donkeykongjr.jpg

As far as rare games, the only one I've got even somewhat rare is Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I had no idea until this thread. I do have a bunch of 2600 cartridges back at my folk's house, but I really doubt those are "rare", damn console was just too popular.
Goddamn kids don't know how lucky they have it.

I used to have copies of Crazy Climber and Quadrun. You could only get them through the Atari Club. I used to have the entire run of Atari Age. I was foolish enough to let these things get away from me at some point in the past. Big regrets. Quadrun is worth a shitload now.

I think this is partly why I hold on to ALL games now. Once bitten, twice shy.

andylsun

NASCAR Racing 2003 Season.

One of the biggest racing simulator gems of the earlier generation and still one of the most realistic sim created:

!!e!U4zgBGM~$(KGrHqIOKjgE0(2TnB-mBNP30+ui4w~~_35.JPG

Still fetches for a large price
http://www.ebay.com/ctg/NASCAR-Raci...3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A5841&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Rare? What!!

I have boxed Mac and PC versions of this game, and in fact have nearly every Papyrus Racing game ever made. Some boxed, some not, some on floppy disk. Grand Prix Legends was an amazing sim racing game.

Adam Levesque was at Blue Fang (a friend of mine worked there) came from Papyrus Racing.

Edit: Didn't know about iracing.com, and David Kaemmer (and John Henry). Mind blown to find their head office is about 1/2 mile from where I am sitting now!

tygertrip

Awesome. The good old days.

I do, brother. I do. Me and a buddy used to make mazes when we were 10 or 11 based on games. Check it out:

201w-04donkeykongjr.jpg

I used to have copies of Crazy Climber and Quadrun. You could only get them through the Atari Club. I used to have the entire run of Atari Age. I was foolish enough to let these things get away from me at some point in the past. Big regrets. Quadrun is worth a shitload now.

I think this is partly why I hold on to ALL games now. Once bitten, twice shy.

I remember Atari Age. Knowing you once had Quadrun, that's gotta hurt! Also, thanks to this thread, I see the GCN component cables are worth a little... I got them somewhere but it may be hopeless to actually find them. I never would have thought some cables would have been a big deal. I believe I'm going to start holding on to everything more tightly also. Oh well, I'll stumble across the cables sooner or later, hell, I probably gave them and my gamecube away when i got the wii, now that I think about it.
Michael

Kojima Productions-signed MGS2? It's not really mine though, it's my girlfriend's lol

I didn't know that Bayonetta Limited Edition was rare either.

Link1110

Didn't know Persona 2 was that rare, I should sell mine and buy the psp remake with the money ;)

Also,
vUXmX3wd

The games are not shrink wrapped, just kept in plastic covers. That's all 3 parts of Shining Force 3, Shining Fore CD, the Ys and Trails in the Sky 3 packs for PSP, Legend of Heroes: White Wtich for Saturn, and the soundtracks for Soul Hackers and Tengai Makyou IV

eia6iAIO

The groudon GBA (didn't know this was rare,) Mother 1&2, Ocarina of Time/Master Quest, Phantasy Star Collection, Ys3-5 on PS2

HRznz5Pk

Tengai Makyou Namida SE, Gyakuten Saiban 2 and 3, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Now I remember. I have the Zelda Spirit Tracks Tin edition. The tin contained the game, Link and Phantom figurines (slightly changed paint job compared with their Phantom Hourglass versions which came from capsule machines in Japan).

hhIUw.jpg

never selling it even if it was rare (don't think it is)
It being Zelda related makes it worth a bit more than your standard GBA SP. Also, it gets easily confused with the far more limited version [seen earlier in this thread actually] which was limited to 300 units and not for sale (Club Nintendo was one way to get it, competitions another). Difference is that has a bigger box, a numbered certificate and I think a T-Shirt.

bahamut_24

Neo Member
I dunno if they are rare games, but I haven't seen them at store for a long time:

Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Shadow Hearts From the New World

Legend of Zelda Oracle of Season
Legend of Zelda Oracle of Age

Radiant Historia

Javier

If autographed games count, then I definitely have to mention my Super Mario 64 cart and Mario & Luigi 3 cover art, both of which were signed by Charles Martinet.

And I Streetpassed his Mii, too. :D

Phantasy Star IV ( Genesis )
Lunar The Silver Star ( Sega CD )
Lunar 2 The Eternal Blue ( Sega CD )
Dragon Force ( Saturn )
Albert Odyssey ( Saturn )
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment ( PS1 )

Others probably, cannot think of the rest at the moment.

If autographed games count, then I definitely have to mention my Super Mario 64 cart and Mario & Luigi 3 cover art, both of which were signed by Charles Martinet.

And I Streetpassed his Mii, too. :D

Is this the launch event in Brazil?

I didn't Streetpassed his Mii. =/

I dunno how rare it is, but I just found out that the Gamestop-exclusive Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Collector's editions seem to go for $350 - $400

larvi

However, I think the rarest thing I own may be my Gameboy Advance SP special edition featuring Groudon with matching carrying case. These don't show up on Ebay often. There's a new one on there right now that someone is trying to get $799.00 for!

I bought the groudon/kyogre SPs for my daughters, didn't realize they were that rare. They should still have them. They also have a Pokemon GBC, DS and DSi.

Dizzle24

Not sure if rare, but I still have an original Gameboy cart of Dexterity. I played this game non-stop when I was a kid. Also have a black-disc copy of Symphony of the Night for PS1.

Red Scarlet

Not really sure, I think the rarer ones I have may be FFT Millennium Collection, FF1 for the Famicom with everything, FF1+2 for the Famicom with everything, or some unopened games like Castlevania 4.

I've never seen one of these before! And google images tells me there's a matching Kyorge version. They've both been added to the pile of wants.

I don't really have that many rarities (or what I'd consider to be rare) but some people may:

Shining Force III Premium Disc
Azure Dreams (GBC) CIB
Knuckles Chaotix CIB (I believe the PAL version is much rare than the NTSC)
Zelda: Collector's Edition (GC) - This isn't rare but people always seem to mention it.

NinjaBoiX

PANZER DRAGOON SAGA: This fantastic game was produced in the last days of Sega Saturn and in Europe around 3000 copies were distributed. In North America, around 10.000 copies were sold. The value of this game is around 150 EURO and that is the only game that needs to be owned in this list in our opinion

I had no idea it was so limited. I feel even worse now.
I was one of those 3000. Awesome game, such a sense of place in the world. It looked astounding at the time too.

Chosen3

Probably the rarest one I own is Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution for GameCube. Also I've got MGS Twin Snakes although I didn't know it was that rare.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Phantasy Star Online for GC
Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2 seems to start getting high in prices.

BibiMaghoo

Rarest game I own is the PSX Blood Omen.

Nothing like as rare as most of the things in this thread, but its going for £69.99 on amazon.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I thought the boxed Director's Cut version of Realms of the Haunting was rare, but it seems to be fairly easy to find on eBay etc. >_> Other than that I don't really have anything particularly rare, besides the Crystal Edition of FF XIII-2, and I just bought Silent Hill 3 PC off eBay. Dunno if SH4 PC is rare? Most of the rare stuff I own are books and signed CDs/limited edition CDs and such.

Nothing that unusual around these parts...

Mario RPG (SNES)
Uniracers (SNES)
Panza Dragoon Saga (Saturn)
Viewpoint (Neo Geo)
Radiant Silvergun (Saturn)
Bangai-O (Dreamcast)
Super Puzzle Fighter (PS1)
Guardian Heroes (Saturn)

NinjaBoiX

Don't have many super rare ones, more "hard to find". Katamari Forever and Viva Pinata TiP are probably the two rarest games I own.

Rootbeer

Banned
Honestly I don't believe I own too many rare games.

I think the rarest I own is a copy of Suikoden 2 on PS1. Great game, and it sells well on ebay.

Top Bottom