• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank PGW Trailer

That flying section in Pokitaru looks so much better than the original. Too bad we won't have arranged Ratchet 1 music, but eh, it's a small price to pay for how good this game is going to be.

Bandit1

This looks awesome!! Dogfights over Pokitaru, hoverboarding in Blackwater, going underwater with the hydropack, amazing.

He is. Nefarious works for Drek in the film
4FM3wlb.png

So this is Nefarious before he became a robot?

KidB

This looks so good! I've been craving for a decent 3D platformer ever since I finished Super Mario 3D World...

jurgen

Closest thing to a Pixar movie that we have running in real time.

The franchise has been like that since the start of the Future series. All the characters and enemies have been some of the most expressive and distinct things in games all around.

It has, but those have generally been restricted tunnel sections. The clip in the trailer, albeit brief, seemed to be hinting at a more open-ended area.

Uhhh I'm pretty sure the exact same place in the PS2 game had the exact same open-ended swimming area.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Okay, sorry, I forgot that Pokitaru had a more open swimming area. It's been awhile and it didn't have the kind of detail that this remake has, so it's just looked completely new.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Huh, thought I read somewhere that Insomniac was done with Ratchet and Clank?

Is this one confirmed to be 30 fps or is that speculation?

Kinsei

Banned
Looks really good. I kinda wish they hadn't spoiled the Jowai Resort boss fight, that would have been a nice surprise.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why you gotta ruin my rose colored PS2 memories like that?

The Remake looks Bonkers. My contender for best looking game of the Generation.

On top of that, those PS2 shots are most likely from the PS3 remaster, meaning it looks far better clarity wise than PS2 by default

Maximo

Haven't played a Ratchet and Clank game since the first one of PS3, when I get a PS4 this is going to be a instant buy for me.

weekev

Banned
Ive never played a Ratchet and Clank game yet. I guess this will be the firsy. Feels like a great place to jump in. Game looks gorgeous.

Symphonia

Banned
This is the closest we're going to get to Pixar-quality visuals, and I love it. Give me 30FPS locked and I'll be a happy chappy.

Top Bottom