• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank PGW Trailer

On top of that, those PS2 shots are most likely from the PS3 remaster, meaning it looks far better clarity wise than PS2 by default
While the new game looks great, we're still talking about comparing it with an uprezzed version of a 13 year/two generation old game. Insomniac has been pretty boss at squeezing great visuals out of every console they work on. This remake stands just fine on its own without feigning amazement at how much better it looks than PS2 era textures and poly counts.

This is gonna be a great generation.

Although a big question I have is where the franchise goes from here. Does it continue the main story again? A remake of the second game and so forth?

I wish they would finally unravel the mystery of the Lombaxes already.

Banzai

Although a big question I have is where the franchise goes from here. Does it continue the main story again? A remake of the second game and so forth?

It'll probably depend on how the movie does. If it's successful we are going to see remakes of the second and third games as well (with some retcons of course).

Maybe they'd skip the second one though.

Rosur

I can't wait for this, shame only Spring date was given (expecting late March or an April date though).

Also looks great.

Kinsei

Banned
I never played the original, only a Crack in Time. Still, my reaction to water levels in platformers is always negative.

Oh. You'll be happy to know that the water section in that level in the original is completely optional. I doubt they'll change that.

I can't wait for this, shame only Spring date was given (expecting late March/ April though).

April 20th is my prediction.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i've never played this series but i absolutely can not wait

i can't get enough well-made, bright, fun 3D platformers

Omg omg...this looks not just visually pleasing but so fun. Man, can't wait. Who wins best visuals on ps4? Dreams vs. R&C vs. Horizon...

Man, this game is pretty.

I really wish more games used high quality motion blur like them. Games like Killzone, GOW, and Uncharted showed us last gen even how gorgeous it can look.

Wensih

Wait so the story is entirely new as well? I thought that it being a re-imagining of the first game would mean that it would have a similar plot.

RK128

Could easily see this happening:
-Ratchet and Clank 2 & 3 getting a movie (Called Ratchet & Clank 2) alongside a remake of using areas/weapons/ideas/ect of both games coming out sometime in 2018 (with Sly 5/Sly Movie Game coming out in 2017)
-Ratchet Dreadlock/Future Tools of Destruction being combined together into a single game following the ideas of Ratchet & Clank 2 (remake using both Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal). Not sure if we would get a third movie but who knows. Game comes out regardless sometime in 2019/2020
-Ratchet and Clank 4 gets announced; tells the story of 'A Crack in Time' and 'Quest for Booty'; retelling elements and going much deeper into Ratchet's backstory then we get from the games. Not sure about a fourth movie but who knows. Likely a PS5 launch game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
While the new game looks great, we're still talking about comparing it with an uprezzed version of a 13 year/two generation old game. Insomniac has been pretty boss at squeezing great visuals out of every console they work on. This remake stands just fine on its own without feigning amazement at how much better it looks than PS2 era textures and poly counts.

But who's feigning? They did a great job upgrading the remake while still keeping the soul of the original art direction

Tuck

Could easily see this happening:
-Ratchet and Clank 2 & 3 getting a movie (Called Ratchet & Clank 2) alongside a remake of using areas/weapons/ideas/ect of both games coming out sometime in 2018 (with Sly 5/Sly Movie Game coming out in 2017)
-Ratchet Dreadlock/Future Tools of Destruction being combined together into a single game following the ideas of Ratchet & Clank 2 (remake using both Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal). Not sure if we would get a third movie but who knows. Game comes out regardless sometime in 2019/2020
-Ratchet and Clank 4 gets announced; tells the story of 'A Crack in Time' and 'Quest for Booty'; retelling elements and going much deeper into Ratchet's backstory then we get from the games. Not sure about a fourth movie but who knows. Likely a PS5 launch game.
Or the movie could bomb, killing the franchise forever.

=(

Shredderi

Holy shit. This has one of the best visuals in a game right now. I just knew that the artstyle would really look good with more powerful tech!

Slixshot

Banned
RaCsplash.gif

The water splash looks especially nice here. Much easier to see at full res.

2566732-5313963575-ibikr.gif

Insomniac Games killing it this gen.

Top Bottom