• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank - Quest for Booty - August 21 - $14.99

Loudninja

kaching said:
Are you sure you're fully understanding what I wrote?

Me: "He wasn't docking the game simply for being short and higher priced than most downloadable games, he docks it for feeling out of character for an R&C adventure and it doesn't work as well for him."

And it's a 3-4 hr game, with less secrets/extras to go back for like the larger R&C adventures. Were you really expecting it to get high marks in the "Lasting Appeal" category? It's a valid observation and he still not really saying anywhere that the price is unfair for what's offered.

I said NVM :p

everyone keeps saying 3-4 hrs, but the 1up reviewer says he beat the game in 2 and half hours. Seeing how most of us have played Rachet Future it will prob be the same for us in terms of time

darkjak218

Neo Member
I'll still pick it, i already have all the other games in the series, plus it's just $15. Also, I've played plenty of games which i don't agree with the reviews.

sykoex said:
Despite the lenght, as long as the game feels "complete" I'm all for it. If it feels like a 3-4 hour demo, then no.
Because demos are usually 3-4 hours right? :p
Mrbob said:
I think IGN missed the point of a digital download episodic experience.

A 3 to 4 hour game will not give you as much replayability as a 12 to 14 hour game. At the same time, you are paying 1/4 the price.
SuperSonic1305 said:
Great job IGN. Comparing a downloadable game to the full Ratchet games.
Yeah those comparisons are a little off when you look at the price.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
BTW guys - the Q4B trailer will debut on X-Play tonight, it's your only chance to see it though before Leipzig, where it will be released on PSN alongside the game.

BeeDog

Hmm, too bad it feels "out of character" and disjointed compared to the other games. The short play time coupled with the lacking incentive of replay (based on the reviews, few secrets etc.) will probably not be enough for a day 1-sale, especially with the unfortunate lack of trophies. Trophies would've tipped me over without any doubts, but can't win them all.

But I'll probably cave in as usual and buy this sucker. But I'm not as eager as before though.

Septimus

jstevenson said:
BTW guys - the Q4B trailer will debut on X-Play tonight, it's your only chance to see it though before Leipzig, where it will be released on PSN alongside the game.
Will watch.:D

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Whats with all the complaining? Once ToD reaches its $30 GH price will this 3 hour experience still be worth $15? Is it worth it compared to the PS2 Ratchets which are all $20 and considerably longer? Maybe its not totally fair comparing price dropped releases to a newly released full price once but still.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i wonder what they will do differently in 09...
Oh my god. Just think of the graphics though. No really. It's going to be an eye-gasm.

I too, really wish they had added Trophies, though. I would take another month's delay, if it meant adding in Trophy support.

That, or I wish they would add Trophy support to Tools of Destruction, just because that would make me play the game again, and it already has a sort of infrastructure for it.

Pimpwerx

Ken Masters said:
everyone keeps saying 3-4 hrs, but the 1up reviewer says he beat the game in 2 and half hours. Seeing how most of us have played Rachet Future it will prob be the same for us in terms of time
MGS4 can be beat in 3.5 hours, and costs 4 times as much as this game. $15 is a steal. Length of play has little to do with quality of play. PEACE.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Lindsay said:
Maybe its not totally fair comparing price dropped releases to a newly released full price once...
Ya think? By that reckoning *any* newly released game fairs poorly against earlier games in the series.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Are people complaining about about the price, or about the game not really feeling like a full, complete product? !UP Yours basically said it's like a long demo. The price I don't care about, I just bought BC:R and I would have gladly paid full price ($60) for that.

AKS

I'm so sick of this "by the hour" simpleton mentality that seems all the rage with the less intelligent gamers right now. A game can take 300 hours to complete, but if it's crap, it's 300 hours of crap. On the other hand, ICO and Gunstar Heroes lasted only a few hours and were mana from heaven.

Do those of you who think this way also buy movies on DVD using this same idiotic mentality? Pearl Harbor must be a great movie! Look how long it is! What an incredible value! Tards... :lol

Hmmm, does anyone know if I can use my European credit card to buy from the american PSN store?I'm very interested in this game but I find it ridiculous that it costs €15 when its only $15 in the US (which is almost exactly €10), and so I would like to purchase it on the US store with my credit card.

Enemy Of Fate said:
Hmmm, does anyone know if I can use my European credit card to buy from the american PSN store?I'm very interested in this game but I find it ridiculous that it costs €15 when its only $15 in the US (which is almost exactly €10), and so I would like to purchase it on the US store with my credit card.

www.entropay.com

Pimpwerx

So, any chance Q4B will scan out R&C save file and start us off with all our earned weapons? I best the RYNO4Ever could help a lot with a speed run. :D Cool trailer. PEACE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pimpwerx said:
So, any chance Q4B will scan out R&C save file and start us off with all our earned weapons? I best the RYNO4Ever could help a lot with a speed run. :D Cool trailer. PEACE.
No... that would make it ridiculously easy.

Pimpwerx said:
MGS4 can be beat in 3.5 hours, and costs 4 times as much as this game. $15 is a steal. Length of play has little to do with quality of play. PEACE.

MGS4 can be beat in 3.5 hours..................................................................
if you become a near master of the game, but most people around 12-15hrs min to beat it the first time. I spent over 20hrs my first time

They said this is not a game you will die much in, if at all if you played Rachet Future

Oneself

If you guys want great looking and playing content on PSN and a new, fucking awesome, trend of 3 hours games for around 15$... buy this one. And stop complaining about trophies, you played a lot of PS3 games without this feature.

Pimpwerx

Ken Masters said:
MGS4 can be beat in 3.5 hours..................................................................
if you become a near master of the game, but most people around 12-15hrs min to beat it the first time. I spent over 20hrs my first time

They said this is not a game you will die much in, if at all if you played Rachet Future
Meh, it really depends on your approach. I never died in R&C:F. OTOH, it took me a long time since I spent time powering-up all my weapons. I would understand the complaints if Q4B could be beaten in 3-4 hours with all the level-grinding. However, I doubt it. There was a complaint that Heavenly Sword was too short, and I don't get it. That game is longer than most other action games I played this gen. Ditto for uncharted, which is still like 6-7 hours rushing through. I don't plan on rushing through this game to squeeze out a review, so I'm sure it'll last a good amount of time. Besides, it's Insomniac. It would be completely uncharacteristic of them to start short-selling their fans all of a sudden. PEACE.

Holy crap that new trailer looks amazing. I am really digging how they took Ratchet and Clank and applied it to a theme, like pirates. It is a refreshing take on the series. I can't wait until I fight through my backlog and catch up to this gen :D

If this is £15 on the uk store come next week im sorry but im going to have to pass till i get a us psn card as i aint playing double the price. Prices should be the same on psn games not double.

Goldrusher

German box art...

51G9h02OCkL._SS400_.jpg

Danielsan

Mr. Spinnington said:
actually i think that's the exact length of the game if you skip all cutscenes
I lost all my save data after having beaten it my first time through. After that I did a fast run through and I skipped all the cut scenes, in the end I had roughly 5-7 hours on the clock.
9 and a half hours of cut scenes skipped. Madness. :lol

ok so whats the real length of this game, I'm hearing 2 hrs and I'm hearing 4 hrs. If its 2 hrs is that going through the game at a fast pace, whats the deal? Ahhh whatever, I'm probably going to get it anyway.

Top Bottom