• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank - Quest for Booty - August 21 - $14.99

maxax

I just ordered TOD and will buy Q4B to play both of them back-to-back. I really like the way you'll release the game, hopefully many will follow. :)
Age of Digital Distribution GO!

according to the reviews I read they said that you use your wrench most of the time and you can't level up the weapons to the extent that you could before, so I'm not sure how you guys are comparing this to Rachet Future?

Goldrusher

141mo09.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YES! PEGI BITCHES!

Cover looks GREAT, day fucking one (on Blu-ray, I want the damn cover).

Evander

"industry expert"
I hate you, PAL.

Not only do you get paid a lot more than me (see how I turned that around?) but you also get this game on BD.

+1 for the Blu Ray version.

Why would I download it when I can get it on disc, with a sexy cover, for the same price? I'm happy to wait a few days for this :D :D

-viper-

Banned
Android18a said:
+1 for the Blu Ray version.

Why would I download it when I can get it on disc, with a sexy cover, for the same price? I'm happy to wait a few days for this :D :D
Isn't the EU version €20 (£15) while the US version costs $15 (£8)?

Fuck buying it on BD then. I'll just download it from the US Store.

It mustn't be region locked on PS3, but there might be a problem with the standard definition modes. I believe some games work and others don't.

HUELEN10

Philanthropist said:
It mustn't be region locked on PS3, but there might be a problem with the standard definition modes. I believe some games work and others don't.
Damn, now I am sad. I gots no HD.....

reminder

Ninja Kn1ght said:
I wish this was coming out on BD the same day it goes up on PSN. I would rather have it on disc but I don't want to wait, oh well.

Yeah, i felt the same. I wanted it on Disc but i cannot wait for it. Now i'm just going to download it this thursday. :D

Redd

I hope we don't see anymore of the using the tilting motion of the controller to cut things with the laser again. Only parts of the game besides flying with the wings that I struggled in.

Goldrusher

Redd said:
I hope we don't see anymore of the using the tilting motion of the controller to cut things with the laser again. Only parts of the game besides flying with the wings that I struggled in.

I'm sure you could turn off the Sixaxis controls. I liked them all, so as long as others can switch to analog sticks, keep them in.

Zeliard

Holy shit, I had no idea the price was that low. R&C: ToD was one of my favorite games of this gen, and one of the very, very few games I've ever played where I've started a new game literally right after beating it (it probably has the neatest and most replayable New Game+ mode I've ever seen). This is gonna be awesome.

Evander

"industry expert"
Ninja Kn1ght said:
I wish this was coming out on BD the same day it goes up on PSN. I would rather have it on disc but I don't want to wait, oh well.

I'd be willing to wait, if I could be sure of compatability.

edit: from the comments above, could I assume that it would work fine over an HDMI connection?

Raist

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Will the PAL Blu-Ray version work with a US PS3 over composite and the other video output modes? Discs FTW.

Unless your TV supports 576i (which is highly unlikely), you'd be screwed.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Evander said:

edit: from the comments above, could I assume that it would work fine over an HDMI connection?

yeah, HD settings would be no problem.

Evander said:

Yeah, I'll wait. I have enough to keep me busy for the moment and that box art is sweet.

Evander

"industry expert"
rager said:
Meh,

Buying the PSN version. I like being able to load the game without the disk. Yeah, I am lazy.

That IS nice, but my 60 gig HDD is filling up, and I don't exactly have the money to spare for a larger HDD if I still want to buy all of the exciting titles coming out this fall and winter.

Evander

"industry expert"
levious said:
what, are you worried about not being able to play it on an SDtv?

yup

I don't actually own an HDTV. My PS3 is currently hooked up to my parents' TV (poor college student living at home) but I have to be ready for them to insist on removing it at any time.

I need to gauge whether or not that is too much risk to buy a game that will ONLY work over HDMI.

Zoe

Evander said:
That IS nice, but my 60 gig HDD is filling up, and I don't exactly have the money to spare for a larger HDD if I still want to buy all of the exciting titles coming out this fall and winter.

Is it filling up with other games? You realize that unless something is a special one-time promotion, you can re-download your games and demos, right?

Evander

"industry expert"
Zoe said:
Is it filling up with other games? You realize that unless something is a special one-time promotion, you can re-download your games and demos, right?

That's a pretty big hassle having to redownload stuff every time I want to play it. I intend to get a larger HDD at some point, but it is not at the top of my list of purchasing priorities.

One fridge is enough for me.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Downloadable Ratchet needs more love. No disk but harddisk for me :p

If the concept is successful and they were to extend it with more episodes, it'll be easier to seamlessly play through it without having to swap discs. Or have to go buy the full set of episodes again on one disc instead of several.

Confirmed £9,99 aswell by threespeech that download and br september 12th. I would get the bluray release but dont think i can wait that long lol.

Oneself

Oh crap, I'd buy the blu ray version instead of downloading it ... but, two days left until it's up on PSN and I'm in Canada.

No45

Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah...I wanna import but I can't wait that long either. Maybe I'll buy 2 copies. :lol
I just know I'll be doing that as well, as much as I try and convince myself otherwise.

DSc

morlock said:
Could it perhaps be that the US-version is 2.3GB and the EU with all the extra languages is 3.2GB ?

I must admit that thought had crossed my mind, but I'm not sure.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
7.5? I don't believe it. I don't wanna read the reviews for spoiler purposes, but why? The game is only 14.99, they better not have reviewed it as a full game.

As for the post above, more use of wrench and such, that's what they've said, is the game is a lot more platform heavy, which I'm excited about, it'll be a nice change:D

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Top Bottom