• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank - Quest for Booty - August 21 - $14.99

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
D+PAD Ed said:
Sorry if old, but this is actually 3.2GB and not 2.3GB as originally reported.
It was originally reported by jstevenson himself that the size will be different for different regions.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
morlock said:
Could it perhaps be that the US-version is 2.3GB and the EU with all the extra languages is 3.2GB ?

This is correct, and there are actually two different EU versions with different languages to keep the download size down.

BTW - hi from Leipzig.

wouwie

jstevenson said:
This is correct, and there are actually two different EU versions with different languages to keep the download size down.

Is english included in both EU versions? I don't want to end up playing this game in dutch...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Evander said:
Unless you also intend to give me the money to buy it with, you clearly didn't read my entire post.

huh ? I did read your post , but sorry , that wasn't even for you , there are other members on this thread were complaining about hard disk space ..

like this dude

Septimus said:
I'm running low on space on my 60, too. Guess I'll delete some random install like Vegas 2 or something.

and this

JB1981 said:
i said goddamn that's a big download.

I need a bigger HDD.

Evander

"industry expert"
Totobeni said:
that wasn't even for you

Apologies, then. I'm far too used to folks around here assuming that everyone can just go out and buy anything.

Anyway, here is a question for any Insomniac dudes who might happen to be reading at any point: What are the chances that a save file from a US DLC version of the game would be able to be played off of a US BD version of the game if one should ever come in to existance down the line?

With all of the Ratchet games that Sony has sent me for free, I wouldn't be opposed to buying the DLC version on Thursday, and then rebuying it on disc if that ever comes to pass in our region, but it would make it easier to make that decision if I knew that I'd be able to play that same save data using the disc, rather than just having to start over.

Jim

Evander said:
What are the chances that a save file from a US DLC version of the game would be able to be played off of a US BD version of the game if one should ever come in to existance down the line?

After some simple file renaming, I was able use my save file from GT5p on both the BRD and PSN versions. So it may be possible.

Evander

"industry expert"
Jim said:
After some simple file renaming, I was able use my save file from GT5p on both the BRD and PSN versions. So it may be possible.

That's what I was hoping.

I figure, a good yard stick of this would be finding out if it works this way for PAL releases of the same version.

Sony hasn't been opposed to republishing a game in a different format in the past, and if it means that I may be able to free up some HDD space without having to start the game over at a later date, I would have no problem tossing money Insomniac's way twice. They've definitely put in the work to deserve it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
jstevenson said:

BTW - hi from Leipzig.

Lucky you. How's it lookin there?

Also quick question. I missed half the thread, is quest for booty coming to BR in US?

Evander

"industry expert"
msdstc said:
Lucky you. How's it lookin there?

Also quick question. I missed half the thread, is quest for booty coming to BR in US?

Current word is no BD in the US (I believe the stated reason was that retailers were not interested, although I may be wrong on that.)

I don't know if that means EVER, though, given Sony's track record of rereleasing games on other formats.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
McBacon said:
I think 98% of people who want Quest for Booty have played/completed TOD.
I was just saying something hypothetically. I mean, a game that looks this good and costs $15 would have to be tragically bad to get scores in the 7 range if it was something entirely new, and there wasn't ToD to play beforehand and compare against. Since I doubt this plays tragically bad, it's probably the case of "more of the same".

Of course we could never get the game that looks this good sold for just $15 if the majority of engine (and probably asset) work wasn't already done in ToD

Sweet .. I know what I'll be doing when I get home tonight. For some reason though, time just doesn't tick by fast enough when I'm at work and want to get home. :(

VegaShinra

Aladuf said:
Same here, I can't wait for it to get on the US store so I can play the hell of it tonight.
Same here. Tonight will be dedicated to Ratchet and Clank once I finish my usual 10hr day in Disgaea 3. Item World is still made of win.

Jim

Pretty sure the PS Store is going to get an early-ish update, based on the fact that SCEA already sent out download codes for Booty, and the game file is already there.

Gigglepoo said:
Booty is up on PSN in America, right? I can't find it in any of the menus...

Store doesn't update until at 4pm EST at the earliest, usually closer to 5.

Aladuf

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Booty is up on PSN in America, right? I can't find it in any of the menus...
It's not up now, it'll be up in a few hours I believe.

edit:
Jim said:
Pretty sure the PS Store is going to get an early-ish update, based on the fact that SCEA already sent out download codes for Booty, and the game file is already there.

Nice.

Kinda interested in this, but I have e a hard time justifying $15 for 4ish hours. Plus I haven't played Future yet, and I've seen that for $30.

Too bad PSN doesn't have cards that can go on sale like XBLA.

BeeDog

SonOfABeep said:
Kinda interested in this, but I have e a hard time justifying $15 for 4ish hours. Plus I haven't played Future yet, and I've seen that for $30.

Get Future then, it's a great game (it's an AWESOME game if you didn't play the PS2 titles).

msmma

Banned
SonOfABeep said:

Think of it this way...to go see a movie in the theater (most usually 2 hrs long) it's $9. To see two movies in the theater would cost you $18.

Playing the new Ratchet game will take as long (at least) as going to those two movies, and you'll save $3. :D

One of the editors on 1up claimed he beat it in 2 1/2 hours I don't think that is worth $14.99, at least for me if that is the case.

BeeDog said:
Get Future then, it's a great game (it's an AWESOME game if you didn't play the PS2 titles).

I played Going Commando and really enjoyed it, but I also felt that I'd had enough of the formula in one game where I didn't really need to ever go back. Also Future didn't seem to do much of anything new from reviews/demo.

SonOfABeep said:

Other people have already touched on this, but if you think about it, a 3-4 hour game for 15 bucks is like paying 60 bucks for a 12-16 hour game. Which really isn't that bad at all. Hell ... I could spend 15 bucks on two beers in 30 minutes at a bar which would only last me that night. At least you can re-visit the game later.

You should get ToD first though. Great game and leads into the story line for this PSN title.

Somebody help me, I set up an entropay account in order to buy this game but I can't get the damn thing to work!Whenever I go to add funds I put in all the data correctly and can continue fine, but then whenever I try to continue after the address it says ''credit card information is incorrect''.Can somebody please help me?I've had to set up a second account as it eventually stopped me from trying to add funds to the first one and now says ''contact customer support'' whenver I try to.The only possible thing is putting in ''entropay user'' in as the cardholder's name....but that seems so stupid and I don't want to try it in cause i'm locked out again.PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Rimshot

One question that may already have been answered. If I have completed the ToD game and have a save for it, does it transfer to the new quest for booty game? The upgrades for the weapons etc etc..

Dizzan

MINI Member
Hey why isn't it up on the Australian Store?

We speak english here!!

I'm sure this has nothing to do with Insomniac and EVRYTHING to do with SCEA(Australia).

So frustrating.....................................................

Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm sure Insomniac has nothing to do with the price. Sony is the publisher.

Sony! Bring down the price for that 2-4 hour game!

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

Ceb

I think the game is really, really good so far. The grind rail sequence before wind turbine epsilon was better than any of the ones in ToD. And as always, Insomniac's art team has created an alien world that looks stunning. Maybe I'm just imagining things, but it feels like it's got more small details than the other "organic" planets in ToD had.

Enemy encounters are so sparse that I go "huh... oh yeah, this is that series that has lots of weapons and shooting in it" whenever one occurs. And I mean that in a good way. The platforming on the island has been much more engaging than the routine shootout in the beginning. Q4B is making me wish that Insomniac will turn the next Ratchet into some kind of truly Metroid-ish open-world, go-anywhere-you-can-see platforming adventure. Sticking to one huge planet wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Top Bottom