• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank reviews

QaaQer

I heard the Indian ladies gonna cameo in this game :D

I want an interstellar Bollywood mascot 3rd person lolwut shooter.

dirty-picture-vidya-balan-hot-picture-586x399.jpg

Before release? My point is that why would Sony give review copies to Indian media houses?

Sony didn't, which means that obtained it by other means, which is why they don't have to follow the embargo

A lot of places have broken street date already

Ronin Ray

I love dark souls so much but this is the game I have become more excited about. I never put my rachet and clank fandom against my souls fandom but rachet wins. Now only if they could combine the two .

NBtoaster

To be honest my first time through Orxon was not unlike going through a Dark Souls level. There was like one checkpoint and the enemies were so beefy.

To be honest my first time through Orxon was not unlike going through a Dark Souls level. There was like one checkpoint and the enemies were so beefy.

I hated those levels as a kid but I appreciate it so much more now. I wish R&C games still had sections around that level of challenge. It's why I'm disappointed that Gemlik Base and Oltanis will very likely be cut. I'm holding out hope for the former though since I think it's the more likely of the two to return.

JSoup

Banned
I thought the release date was the 14th, huh.
Well, Amazon day one delivery has gotten me my last four release days games a bare minimum of one full day early, with the last LEGO game showing up on a Sunday, so maybe I'll be playing this tomorrow.

Pretty much, except it also brings all the new mechanics they developed in the later titles as well. Don't need to equip the swingshot to use it, leveling guns, raritanium upgrades, that sort of stuff.

Metacritic Scores-
Ratchet 1: 88

Ratchet 2: 90

Ratchet 3: 91

Ratchet Future Tools: 89

Ratchet Future Crack: 87

Since this is the first mainline games since A Crack in Time I'd be shocked at anything approaching a 70. Everything from the game screams 85-90 to me.

Reviews have been harsher this gen, something I'm glad to see honestly. I see it more in the 80 to 85 range. I'd be shocked if it was anything below that.

Tuck

Honestly guys, its Ratchet. A regular, non spinoff ratchet game. More than that, its a remake/reimagining of a game most of you have already played.

You should know exactly what you're getting by now. If you liked the previous games, you'll very likely like this. The scores really don't matter.

I expect low 80s high 70s, with reviewers lamenting the role of the modern platformer as too simplistic in our AAA blockbuster world of cinematic masterpieces and infinite hour endless content open world games. Lots of rental reccomendations.

I expect low 80s high 70s, with reviewers lamenting the role of the modern platformer as too simplistic in our AAA blockbuster world of cinematic masterpieces and infinite hour endless content open world games. Lots of rental reccomendations.

I highly doubt that. Rental recommendations at 39$?

Kaisos

I don't think the price matters much when people are going to see a sub 15 hour playtime (which is generally only acceptable to people if you're telling an amazing story).

Literally every Ratchet game has been shorter than 15 hours, but have had more than enough extra content and replayability to make up for that. Besides, I'm not sure rental recommendations are still a thing? How easy is it to rent games anymore?

I don't think the price matters much when people are going to see a sub 15 hour playtime (which is generally only acceptable to people if you're telling an amazing story).

Their Loss I suppose. I wonder how people would see a game like resident Evil 2 in this day and age for $45.

Karak

Literally every Ratchet game has been shorter than 15 hours, but have had more than enough extra content and replayability to make up for that. Besides, I'm not sure rental recommendations are still a thing? How easy is it to rent games anymore?

Depends on what nation. US ya you have tons of ways including Bluebox, Gamefly, and redbox. gameflip(sort of), and rental stores, trade in stores. We have a couple just within a few blocks of us. Other places maybe not so much.

Still easy, if not more convenient than ever.
But yes, R&C was never about the story. Instead it was always content rich, had environments which encouraged you to explore, crazy weapon arsenals and a good chunk of humor und great characters.

Gurish

I expect an 7.9 MC, which is good, you can quote me on that :)

(I think that today, because reviews are tougher, the previous gens 8.5-8.7 is like a low 8 or high 7 today, and that's what we will see)

vaderise

This and Uncharted 4 are my most anticipated games of 2016.
I'm expecting 81-82 MC score with critics appreciating the Pixar-like art style and throwbacks to the old R&C games.

Was Into the Nexus any good? I wonder if this will score similarly.

I was pretty naff by R&C standards actually. I'd expect this one to score higher. And yeah, anyone wanting to jump in this is the perfect game to do so.

On another note... Noooooooooooooooooo! You cannot hit me with reviews when the UK doesn't get the game until the 22nd. I'm dying inside. Why, Sony and insomniac? Why!?

Top Bottom