• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart previews dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF
Mr Bean Reaction GIF

We all know what's going to happen.

Dr Bass

yup

Wow. So I’ve finished the game, getting the secret ending as well.

His review reads like he didn’t actually play it. Talking about not “interacting” with permanent upgrades much. Which means he didn’t really do anything? Everything he describes reads like he just … didn’t put any effort into it at all. I think it’s one of the best crafted experiences I’ve played in years, and I can explain why, while he’s talking about not being able to tell what’s water (what?) or that enemies often are on the horizon line so they are hard to see or something. All of that is just baloney.

He must enjoy purposefully being a moron. He knows what he’s doing. Unless he is truly that stupid?

GymWolf

Gold Member
I foresee a 90+ Metacritic and ten pages of bitching about Jeff Grubb giving the game a 7.5/10.
Seems reasonable.

I expect soners to bash into every single review who doesn't score the game at least a 9.

Don't get me wrong, i have the game in preorder for months and i'm gonna be there day one, but i perfectly know what i'm buying and i don't excpect a paradigm shifting game from a ratchet title, my biggest fear is probably the game being piss easy like the old ones and too much alternative stuff to do like the shitty clank puzzles or on rail stuff that steal time to the tps\exploration part (the best part for me).

Last edited:
Seems reasonable.

I expect soners to bash into every single review who doesn't score the game at least a 9.

Don't get me wrong, i have the game in preorder for months and i'm gonna be there day one, but i perfectly know what i'm buying and i don't excpect a paradigm shifting games from a ratchet title, my biggest fear is probably the game being piss easy like the old ones and too much alternative stuff like the clank puzzles or on rail stuff that steal time to the tps part (the best part for me).
Yep, from the gameplay video it looked like good old Ratchet. We also had several people in the gameplay thread complain about how the gameplay looks old and boring. Which is likely true, but it's also what most people want (myself included).

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yep, from the gameplay video it looked like good old Ratchet. We also had several people in the gameplay thread complain about how the gameplay looks old and boring. Which is likely true, but it's also what most people want (myself included).
In a world that contains stuff like doom eternal or even the last arrived returnal, the tps part of ratchet seems a bit semplicistic, slow, easy etc but they can't transform the game into something completely different, few games get that right (gow 2018 for example).

But it is a legitimate critique imo, unless insommiac really stepped up their tps part with this last game, but i sincerely don't believe so even if the game is gonna be great overall.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Previews? Isnt it review time in a couple days?

Im expected the usual Ratchet goodness and reviews

But I would really like a new Sly Cooper or Jak n Daxter game.
Something including more JnD 1 gameplay and J2 for a sequel would be awesome

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
So, is this going to be one of those games where any reviewer giving it less than an 8 is going to be subject to death threats (see BotW etc)?

That's his hope.

I wonder though, can these pathetic wankers actually make money from their twitter 'fame'?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Video is deleted. Anyone have a backup link for that one?

It spoils a small part of the game, no need to watch it.

Bo... I respect you and all, but we gotta talk about the elephant in the room... And before I assume you must have an alt account or something... But only 4% in BugSnax...?! We all know that was your first platinum.

Man, it was torture to play it. You know, the early days with so little games around. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

He is taking the piss but sometimes people don't get the joke

He is the joke, and the piss.

Last edited:

FritzJ92

From what I’ve seen, reviewers get attacked for their opinion, especially about Sony’s games. If I reviewed HZD I wouldn’t give it more than a 7, but that would come with Sony fans sending death threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom