• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart previews dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

E3Cj868UYAMLoYM

E3Cj87eUUAIJ1vX

E3Cj87WVIAQuu5c

E3Cj9S3VoAI2O8a

Preloaded and ready to go.

Unless the footage so far is a bait and switch this looks super polished and they have always been fun games so I’m expecting great things.

kyliethicc

Jeff Chubb is paid to write about video games. Shame, really.

"Just looking at Kratos’s nipples, you can sense the dozens of hours of labor that went into bringing them to life. The areola is marked with goosebumps, and you almost feel like you need to dodge out of the way of the inevitable jetstream of milk that will burst forth from the mammary ducts."

"This is another big win for Sony and PlayStation 4. Kratos’s nipple is too real and powerful for Mario. That doesn’t mean Nintendo didn’t bring the heat. It has some of the best nipples around, but Sony Santa Monica is just on another level. I will be sending Shawn Layden the trophy to add to the shelf in Sony Interactive Entertainment headquarters as soon as the restraining order expires."

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

"Just looking at Kratos’s nipples, you can sense the dozens of hours of labor that went into bringing them to life. The areola is marked with goosebumps, and you almost feel like you need to dodge out of the way of the inevitable jetstream of milk that will burst forth from the mammary ducts."

"This is another big win for Sony and PlayStation 4. Kratos’s nipple is too real and powerful for Mario. That doesn’t mean Nintendo didn’t bring the heat. It has some of the best nipples around, but Sony Santa Monica is just on another level. I will be sending Shawn Layden the trophy to add to the shelf in Sony Interactive Entertainment headquarters as soon as the restraining order expires."

That sounds like he wanna get fucked by Kratos. Couldn't resist all that alphaness.

Last edited:

Thedtrain

Gold Member

What the hell!? Haha I thought you were mocking him as if it was something he’d say.
Then I clicked the link:lollipop_flores:

THEAP99

Banned
journalist or just someone who has the game early?

how do they compare it to other games in the series and other games in general?
Journalist. We didn't really talk about much in detail cus I only played the 2016 one. He indicated that it was better than that, obviously. In the past when he's gotten copies he's been pretty accurate in his "metacritic prediction" whenever I asked.

zaanan

Banned
I don't care for them myself (I've intentionally platinumed just a few games, and not because of the trophy but simply because I enjoyed them that much), but if you want to increase your e-peen, there are some really easy alternatives. I'd recommend TellTale's Game of Thrones - you just have to play through it once and that's it. It doesn't matter what choices you make along the way.
I hate that games like this hand you a platinum, but games like Doom 64 don’t even have one. WTF!?

In a world that contains stuff like doom eternal or even the last arrived returnal, the tps part of ratchet seems a bit semplicistic, slow, easy etc but they can't transform the game into something completely different, few games get that right (gow 2018 for example).

But it is a legitimate critique imo, unless insommiac really stepped up their tps part with this last game, but i sincerely don't believe so even if the game is gonna be great overall.

To give you a counterpoint on this argument, this recent Ratchet seems like it's using the existing formula but improving it significantly with just more chaos on the screen at once and the addition of a dodge mechanic.

The enemies are all much better animated, the weapons look to be truly unique. The original formula was never flawed.

I am not concerned about this game's combat at all. What I really want to see are great side content like they've teased (Clank Puzzles, battle arenas, pocket dimensions, etc), unique use of the portals and SSD tech, more significant upgrades to weapons/armor, and a heart warming story.

Basically - I want "A Crack in Time" but better than ever. It looks like they may be delivering on that.

Dr Bass

So, is this going to be one of those games where any reviewer giving it less than an 8 is going to be subject to death threats (see BotW etc)?
Nah. People can like what they like. When you KNOW you want to dislike a game and intend to give it a mediocre review for laughs, that’s dumb.

It’s also disingenuous and not fair to the people that spent years of their life crafting the product. Walking up and spending an hour bashing something that has many many man years put into it for platform warring purposes seems … insane.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
The enemies are all much better animated, the weapons look to be truly unique. The original formula was never flawed.

I am not concerned about this game's combat at all. What I really want to see are great side content like they've teased (Clank Puzzles, battle arenas, pocket dimensions, etc), unique use of the portals and SSD tech, more significant upgrades to weapons/armor, and a heart warming story.

Basically - I want "A Crack in Time" but better than ever. It looks like they may be delivering on that.
Oh yeah i saw some improvements to the formula in the various trailers, i'm just not sure if they are gonna be enough to elevate the formula to the next level, but i always enjoyed the old one so...

Unfortunately i never played crank in time (i think, my memory with this saga is pretty blurred)

reksveks

Prediction: Gamesbeats gives it a 4/5 which equates to a 8/10 on metacritic and all the people whom want a 9 or above get angry

EDMIX

Don't worry it'll be cross gen soon.

lol unlikely.

The fact that Insomniac did Spiderman cross platform and not Ratchet shows what ever they are doing with Ratchet, likely can't be done on PS4, or is too slow for the concept to be enjoyable on PS4 etc. Cause I'd argue, if Sony wanted to move units on the name alone of Spiderman, they'd make that the title that didn't come to PS4, not Ratchet.

The IP isn't even near as big as Spiderman is and is going to be in the future for it to even make that much sense, especially this close to release. So if they always had a plan to do cross plat shit, they would have just told Insomniac to do both Spiderman and Ratchet cross plat vs 1. Spiderman would have been the IP to really do that with tbh, not Ratchet.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
lol unlikely.

The fact that Insomniac did Spiderman cross platform and not Ratchet shows what ever they are doing with Ratchet, likely can't be done on PS4, or is too slow for the concept to be enjoyable on PS4 etc. Cause I'd argue, if Sony wanted to move units on the name alone of Spiderman, they'd make that the title that didn't come to PS4, not Ratchet.

The IP isn't even near as big as Spiderman is and is going to be in the future for it to even make that much sense, especially this close to release. So if they always had a plan to do cross plat shit, they would have just told Insomniac to do both Spiderman and Ratchet cross plat vs 1. Spiderman would have been the IP to really do that with tbh, not Ratchet.

Also the success of R&C will make Sony go PS5-only faster, although they're likely going PS5-only next anyway.

I'd predict 90+ MC easy for the game if not for the journalists like Jeff looking to bait click their way into infamy. Well actually we still don't know his exact intention with that tweet, it could be a cheeky dig at fanboys or he could really intends to preempt the negative review reactions from the beginning. Anyway, we'll see soon enough and if it is the second one, at least he wouldn't take spotlight away from the game itself on release cause he'll probably be blacklisted by many.

Last edited:

But he is the right man for the job, people deserve to know does lombaxes have nipples or teats.

CitizenZ

Banned
i think this game looks fire, as all of the R&C games have been, but it doesn't do anything for me. Maybe a long time after release I will be interested, but my interest in hand held / linear / another one of those is diminishing with every overhyped release.

Jeff Grubb's historical GAMES OF THE YEAR! Let's see what HE LIKES

2019:

Not a single Sony exclusive on the top 20 list!

2020:
Multiple Microsoft exclusives, one is a flight simulator....only Sony game he lists is a pack-in and not a full length game

No mentions at all in any of his lists for the following games:
The Last of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, Death Stranding, Dreams, Days Gone, Miles Morales....

So according to Jeff Grubb, over the past two years Microsoft had more exclusives on his top lists than Sony games. It will not be surprising when his Ratchet review is released.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

2019:

2020:
Multiple Microsoft exclusives, one is a flight simulator....only Sony game he lists is a pack-in and not a full length game

The Last of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, Death Stranding, Dreams, Days Gone, Miles Morales....

So according to Jeff Grubb, over the past two years Microsoft had more exclusives on his top lists than Sony games. It will not be surprising when his Ratchet review is released.
I cant believe bonuses are still tied to metacritic when blowhards like this exist. Hopefully, this guy isnt on metacritic but his website might be.

2019:

2020:

He's tweet makes it sound like he wants to review bomb the game. We will see what happens but I won't be surprised if he does trash it.

Unknown?

I'd predict 90+ MC easy for the game if not for the journalists like Jeff looking to bait click their way into infamy. Well actually we still don't know his exact intention with that tweet, it could be a cheeky dig at fanboys or he could really intends to preempt the negative review reactions from the beginning. Anyway, we'll see soon enough and if it is the second one, at least he wouldn't take spotlight away from the game itself on release cause he'll probably be blacklisted by many.
Tools of Destruction got an 89 because GameSpot gave it a 7.5, which isn't bad, but one of the reasoning points behind that was "too much variety" rofl

I cant believe bonuses are still tied to metacritic when blowhards like this exist. Hopefully, this guy isnt on metacritic but his website might be.

whats very strange is how closely Microsoft is tied to some of these journalists

remember when MS directly invested in Polygon and they were basically the “let’s review Sony games badly” outlet for a very long time

just makes you wonder how many of these people are paid off shills

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom