• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends confirmed for Vita [Up: Official, Gets Exclusive Content]

WmuGUBY.gif

Great news to see it confirmed, was hopeful. As said Origins looks great on Vita, im looking forward to more of the same.

Now if we could get stuff like Far Cry and Watch Dogs on Vita, i'd be pleased.

Today is a good day.

Triple dipped on Origins (PC PS3 Vita) and platted both PS3 and Vita versions.

Will do the same for Legends.

VanWinkle

will it be online?

"A multiplayer mode is locally accessible on Wi-Fi and fans from the same country can play in cooperation. Players can also compete with one another in the online challenges and compare rankings in the online leaderboards."

Oooh, they're still announcing consoles for Legend!?

Still hope for a PC version then, but if not at least it should still be 60fps and 1080p on 360 or PS4.

Maybe if Sony blows me away with the Vita at E3 I'd even consider the handheld version!

VanWinkle

Oooh, they're still announcing consoles for Legend!?

Still hope for a PC version then, but if not at least it should still be 60fps and 1080p on 360 or PS4.

Maybe if Sony blows me away with the Vita at E3 I'd even consider the handheld version!

Origins was native res and 60fps on Vita and it looked absolutely incredible on the OLED screen.

Meh, I'm playing it right now and having zero problems. Lower resolution, same awesome game. Apparently there was a 3DS update that sped up some of the choppier games, but I've honestly had very few complaints about it.

EDIT: Btw Rico, nice to see you migrate over from Dtoid!

Nice to see you too Master! Thought about saying something but wasn't ever sure if it was you :D Should come by awesomeoutof10 sometime, a lot of the old Outer Heaven Crew are there.

And perhaps that's the case, the demo was really bad though. It was just particularly notable given the difference in color and resolution. Vita version is truly something else.

"A multiplayer mode is locally accessible on Wi-Fi and fans from the same country can play in cooperation. Players can also compete with one another in the online challenges and compare rankings in the online leaderboards."

Does that mean I can play with anyone in my country over WiFi, or does it mean I can play with my friends locally over WiFi if they have bought the game in the PsStore of the same country?

Nice ! Just got a brand new PS Vita this weekend and i'm enjoying the machine so far, Wipeout is amazing, now i need some platformers on that bad boy ! Rayman it is !

VanWinkle

Does that mean I can play with anyone in my country over WiFi, or does it mean I can play with my friends locally over WiFi if they have bought the game in the PsStore of the same country?

I'm not sure. It says WiFi instead of ad hoc but maybe that was a mistake and its ad hoc only. I sure hope its WiFi because I want me some online co-op.

kinggroin

Banned
Niiice, parity with the Wii U version with the added advantage of true portability (no big screen support though).

...so not really parity, but a different kind of good

Nice to see you too Master! Thought about saying something but wasn't ever sure if it was you :D Should come by awesomeoutof10 sometime, a lot of the old Outer Heaven Crew are there.

And perhaps that's the case, the demo was really bad though. It was just particularly notable given the difference in color and resolution. Vita version is truly something else.

I know SepirothX and Hasney are here for sure. Destructoid got worse the day they shut Outer Heaven down :'(

I think the demo was definitely worse. I remember having an issue with that, but I picked it up on the cheap and it looks fine, whether that's just me getting used to it... as I say, apparently there was a 3DS update at some point that reportedly made some games a lot smoother.

Awesome, Origins is an absolute blast on Vita. After letting my 360 version sit for a year, I grabbed it for Vita, and I'v ebeen in love. The type of game suits picking up the handheld and doing a level here and there, rather than hunkering down in fornt of the tv. Unless you're going for a co-op session of course.

That said, haha, after all that praise, I'll stick with the Wii U version. I have a pre-order locked in at £35, I doubt I'll ge tit much cheaper on Vita. This way I get tv and pad play, and I wouldn't be shocked if I get Legends on plus eventually. Great for everyone to have options though. Funny how Legends goes from Wii U exclusive to every platform in the end. I guess Wii U exclusivity was only ever going to be for a year or something, and they just abandoned that.

Would be cool if Sony did a ps3/vita combo to achieve tv and pad play too haha.

I own three different versions of Origins & the Vita is by far the best one. That d pad is unmatched.

One of the rare games I might Day 1

I know SepirothX and Hasney are here for sure. Destructoid got worse the day they shut Outer Heaven down :'(

I think the demo was definitely worse. I remember having an issue with that, but I picked it up on the cheap and it looks fine, whether that's just me getting used to it... as I say, apparently there was a 3DS update at some point that reportedly made some games a lot smoother.

Have seen them as well, everyone is drifting away! Should come by A/10 though, we have the envolve chat back ;)

And that's good, not the best version of course but at least it's playable now.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
DELICIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, day and date as well!

Top Bottom