• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends confirmed for Vita [Up: Official, Gets Exclusive Content]

Ridley327

Hmm... problem with this is the Murfy co-op. Tempting to get it on Vita especially because it'll be cheaper than the console versions, but I'll probably still go with Wii U for the 2-player.

edit: oh wait, Vita has online co-op? o.o Hmm, still leaning towards Wii U 'cause I'd rather have local, and none of my friends have Vitas.

It doesn't; you compete with your friends via ghosts in the challenge mode. No version of the game is going to have direct online multiplayer.

jgmo870

Banned
Still waiting for tangible proof. All I can see so far is a bunch of obscure spanish sites sourcing each other, and a press release (from Madrid?) posted on GAF by a random guy without any external source.

Meanwhile the official site for the game still doesn't mention the Vita anywhere.

Also very suspicious is announcing the Vita port *before* the 3DS port.

Definitely looks like a hoax.

I definitely hope I'm wrong though.

Why is that suspicious? The Vita version of Origins released months before the 3DS version, was rated much higher, and probably sold better too.

beast786

Now I'm torn between Wii U and Vita version.

Damm it.

I am getting vita because the off tv play on my wii u doesn't work that well due to whatever interference . if your off tv play works, you can get best of both.

Control wise I loved orgin on vita

CamHostage

There was some rumbling about this, I'm pretty psyched!

That said, haha, after all that praise, I'll stick with the Wii U version...

Would be cool if Sony did a ps3/vita combo to achieve tv and pad play too haha.

As happy as I am that there are choices, I do feel bad that the Wii U lost this as an exclusive and am pretty sure that it'll play best there as that's the platform it was designed for. I kind of feel that if I could have written the history, the Wii U game would have come out when it was supposed to months ago with the Vita version announced around the same time and shortly following, with the other HD console versions being a possibility long down the road after the other two systems' versions made their mark.

That said, Vita and to a lesser extent SmartGlass will make for suitable replacements for the second-screen features. (I have a feeling they're not mentioning it here because it'd be no good if the Vita version was required to play the PS3 version in 5-player mode; instead, they'll kick it out via Remote Play or an app... have they even said if these Wii U features will be included in the other two platforms? Amazon lists only 4P co-op on the PS3 listing, it's making me nervous although they could always DLC the second-screen features if it's not ready at launch.)

Still not seeing any official Ubisoft source confirming this directly. Any news site cannot be trusted, they may well be copy-pasting a hoax from each other, they are idiots. Also notice that any of the "large" game news outlets have yet to report on this, all I see is random shit sites nobody cares about.

It's an American holiday weekend so PR's closed up here, and European PR sometimes just kicks out material either in response to leaks or by accident on a botched understanding of the embargo. I betcha the "large" game outlets will have the announcement and maybe something more come Tuesday... :)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I am getting vita because the off tv play on my wii u doesn't work that well due to whatever interference . if your off tv play works, you can get best of both.

Control wise I loved orgin on vita

What kind of a distance does wii u off tv play have? Is it similar to PS3/Vita remote play? Basically can you play off tv play on Wii U in any room of a small house?

Ridley327

What kind of a distance does wii u off tv play have? Is it similar to PS3/Vita remote play? Basically can you play off tv play on Wii U in any room of a small house?

No, it has a much smaller range than the normal wifi that remote play uses for PS3/Vita play, but it's made up by the fact that it's a far more consistent and lagless feed. Take the good with the bad, I suppose.

VanWinkle

I live in a small house and it doesn't work 10ft past my bedroom. But I hear some people on here say it works in their entire house. I truly don't understand it but I guess your mileage my vary.

StevieP

Banned
No, it has a much smaller range than the normal wifi that remote play uses for PS3/Vita play, but it's made up by the fact that it's a far more consistent and lagless feed. Take the good with the bad, I suppose.

I can play mine on all floors of my 1600sq foot townhome, with only the extreme edges of the home displaying the connection error. *shrugs*

You're right though. Lagless is the advantage that PS4 or Smartglass remote play won't have. This Vita version, however, has all the features that the Wii U version seems to have so it's an excellent pickup for non-Wii-U owners. Probably a better pickup than the PS360 versions.

Gadirok

I said I would buy if there was a Vita port, now to keep my word.

Ugh, going to have to find a way to pay off 4 Vita games in the later half of the year.

That makes the list Tearaway, Killzone:Mercenary, Ys, and Rayman Legends.

Not much, but 3 exclusives and multiplat port. The Last of Us and Metal Gear will keep me company until then, along with my backlog.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Great, so I have to buy Wii U and Vita versions. I hate this exclusive content bs, now there are two versions with exclusive content for this game :/. Also huge blow against Nintendo.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Ew. Kinda defeats the point then imo. Also the only PS3 game I have that supports remote play is God of War HD and that runs really well from my experience.

And now I read another post that says wii u works in every room of a house. Well I'll just have to see how it works out for me when I eventually get a Wii U.

AmanoBuff

It's an American holiday weekend so PR's closed up here, and European PR sometimes just kicks out material either in response to leaks or by accident on a botched understanding of the embargo. I betcha the "large" game outlets will have the announcement and maybe something more come Tuesday... :)

Thanks for the info! I was wondering about this as well.

beast786

Ew. Kinda defeats the point then imo. Also the only PS3 game I have that supports remote play is God of War HD and that runs really well from my experience.

And now I read another post that says wii u works in every room of a house. Well I'll just have to see how it works out for me when I eventually get a Wii U.

unfortunately you need to try in your setting to see if it works. I heard brick house are an issue

Foxix Von

Sweet! I'm ecstatic to hear about the inclusion of multiplayer. The lack of online sucks but adhoc is better than nothing. I'll definitely be snagging two copies.

Gadirok

The funny part is, now WiiU owners can't go around touting their version is superior because of the exclusive touch screen controls.

They confirmed the Vita version has touchscreen parts as well.

So I can't wait to get this game on day 1.

falconzss

YdxQx1z.png

Top Bottom