• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends confirmed for Vita [Up: Official, Gets Exclusive Content]

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I hope this game is filled with the exposition on the deep, meaningful birth and conception of our limbless hero and his blue blobfrog friend that the franchise has so desperately required beyond any meaningless plus points like incredible artwork, gameplay, design, and music.

If the game doesn't boot up on my PLAYSTATION VITA ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM with a long, poetic dialogue on how the business of collecting lums has changed and pondering if erotic relationships can truly bloom on the high resolution 2d artworked back of a cartoon dragon, well fuck me, I'm out.

SmokyDave

What is exactly the point in buying one of the console versions which will most likely be more expensive?
Now, sit down, I have bad news.

Not everyone owns a Vita.

I know, I know, it's a cruel world. Spare a thought for those less fortunate though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wonderful news. Still need to finish my run of the first game. Maybe even struggle for a platinum!

labaronx

I guess that vita support i keep hearing about is true.

Rayman Legends is looking like a great addition to an already impressive fall lineup for vita

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope I don't break my Vita over Rayman Origins when I purchase this. ;_;

Yes, I'm going for the platinum.

IceBreak

Banned
Still questioning. A Sony employee retweeting the news doesn't make it a confirmation.

Just let the joy flow. It's @yosp for god sakes :p

tij4VI7.jpg

Brilliant! Played Origins on the Vita and will get Legends on the Vita as well.

And to think I was actually considering buying a Wii U for this game (well, mainly this game) when it was an exclusive.

Neiteio

Cool news for Vita owners. The Murphy level in the WiiU demo was surprisingly fun and well-done, so I'm happy some non-Nintendo owners will get to try them out, as well. :)

XTERC

Wow... one of the reasons I got a Wii just disappeared. I was still going to buy the Wii version over the PS3 version, but after playing Origins on the Vita and knowing how awesome it plays on that platform the choice is obvious.

Mr.Fresh

Guys I'm pretty sure Nintendo will give us all plenty of reasons to buy a Wii U in two weeks ! So lets just enjoy Rayman on the Vita! Lol

jwk94

Eurogamer Twitter just posted this followed by the URL to their story:

"Now even less of a Wii U-exclusive: Ubisoft confirms PlayStation Vita version of Rayman Legends -"

that's ruthless, son.

Hermii

Eurogamer Twitter just posted this followed by the URL to their story:

"Now even less of a Wii U-exclusive: Ubisoft confirms PlayStation Vita version of Rayman Legends -"

that's ruthless, son.

Not being an exclusive was never an issue at all. Delaying the game 6 months to release it at the same time as the other versions was.

Rvaisse

its not a surprise,
when was the last exclusive rayman game on a system?
oh yeah... never!
Happy for vita owners though.

This is very good news. I really liked playing this on the Vita version the most, and my son will love it too. Great also that it has multiplayer now, especially local multiplayer.

Not being an exclusive was never an issue at all. Delaying the game 6 months to release it at the same time as the other versions was.

It only made sense though. Delayed ports never do well for a variety of reasons (price differences, less marketing, etc.) and Rayman's not a successful series in the first place, so it's not like they could risk it. Personally, I was afraid it was going to bomb on the Wii U and drag the series down the drain with it (which is a fear I still have with Bayonetta 2).

But still, I can sympathise with Wii U owners and believe Ubisoft deserves criticism over this debacle, as they never should've made it exclusive in the first place.

Anyway, so bought. Rayman Origins was amazing on Vita.

SmokyDave

This would be the version I'd pick up but I know I will want to play with my fiancée so I will probably get it on Wii U.
She agreed to marry you, even though you haven't bought her a Vita?

Huh, you got a keeper there. Unless she jilts you at the altar and runs off with some dude with a spare Vita.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So what version is more superior now? Vita or Wii U?

Larson

Banned
Day one. Orgins on vita was a perfect example of how a vita game should be. one of my best gaming experiences in a long time, and its really a well crafted platform game. I just hope that there are coming more good games on my Vita. E3 is the place to be.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It only made sense though. Delayed ports never do well for a variety of reasons (price differences, less marketing, etc.) and Rayman's not a successful series in the first place, so it's not like they could risk it. Personally, I was afraid it was going to bomb on the Wii U and drag the series down the drain with it (which is a fear I still have with Bayonetta 2).

But still, I can sympathise with Wii U owners and believe Ubisoft deserves criticism over this debacle, as they never should've made it exclusive in the first place.

Anyway, so bought. Rayman Origins was amazing on Vita.

TBF it's not much of a fear for Bayonetta it already sadly happened with Bayonetta 1.

Rayman Origins is free on PS+ in Europe this month. I've been meaning to buy it for months - but my Vita backlog is already massive.

Top Bottom