• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends confirmed for Vita [Up: Official, Gets Exclusive Content]

test_account

XP-39C²
When the game was first announced Ubisoft hyped it up as an origin story for Rayman and promised things that either ended up not happening. I was really hyped and the changes just made me not want to bother with it despite the game being good.
Ah ok, i see. Yeah, the story in Rayman Origins doesnt really tell anything about the origin of Rayman indeed. But wasnt the "origin" also ment to be a reference regarding the gameplay style as well? Like going back to the 2D gameplay. I still love the game though :)

Coheno

Well I'm definitely getting this now, especially when Origins comes with it. Would not have picked it up on other platforms.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ah ok, i see. Yeah, the story in Rayman Origins doesnt really tell anything about the origin of Rayman indeed. But wasnt the "origin" also ment to be a reference regarding the gameplay style as well? Like going back to the 2D gameplay. I still love the game though :)

That would make sense if the gameplay or art style was anything like the original Rayman. The fact it's 2D and features Rayman is about the only similarity with the origin-al Rayman. They probably just intended it to be an origin story at first but then changed their minds during development. I don't really see how hit matters to be honest. Who plays Rayman for the story? I've gotta admit I was pretty pissed when Mister Dark wasn't the same as the first game though. Just a random Teensie? What the hell? Shouldn't have even been called Mister Dark.

Sandfox

That would make sense if the gameplay or art style was anything like the original Rayman. The fact it's 2D and features Rayman is about the only similarity with the origin-al Rayman. They probably just intended it to be an origin story at first but then changed their minds during development. I don't really see how hit matters to be honest. Who plays Rayman for the story? I've gotta admit I was pretty pissed when Mister Dark wasn't the same as the first game though. Just a random Teensie? What the hell? Shouldn't have even been called Mister Dark.

The original trailer at E3 2010 tells us that it was originally supposed to be an origin story(and IMO a stronger game) and as for Mister Dark, the lead writer said that we were going to get his origin too but that obviously changed.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the more platforms that get this game, the better

origins was one of the best co op experience i've ever had

Announcements like this tempt me but I'm probably going to boycott this like I did with the original.
When the game was first announced Ubisoft hyped it up as an origin story for Rayman and promised things that either ended up not happening. I was really hyped and the changes just made me not want to bother with it despite the game being good.
The original trailer at E3 2010 tells us that it was originally supposed to be an origin story(and IMO a stronger game) and as for Mister Dark, the lead writer said that we were going to get his origin too but that obviously changed.

hahaha, oh wow i love gaming side sometimes

AmanoBuff

Still questioning. A Sony employee retweeting the news doesn't make it a confirmation.

Yes it does.

It's not just any employee, it is both the Senior Business Development Manager at SCEE and no less than the president of Sony's Worldwide Studios for Sony Computer Entertainment.

test_account

XP-39C²
Well, true about the 2D part, but both games also have a quite colorful artstyle even if the design itself isnt basically the same. I think that going back to being a 2D platformer again is the biggest thing they wanted to go for though. Yeah, it is possible that they first intended to have a deeper story element to the game, but decided to drop it during developement like you say, indeed.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I fail to see how the trailer indicated it would be a stronger game considering it barely showed gameplay. I remember that trailer well. It was funny. "A thingamajig". But I recall very little gameplay to judge. I was super hyped back then. Prior to that E3 I would watch every Ubisoft conference in the hope and expectation that Rayman 4 would be announced. I cried tears of joy when that day finally came. But yeah, gameplay wise tha trailer showed no indication it was a stronger game than what the finished product ended up as. Funnier maybe though.

Sandfox

I fail to see how the trailer indicated it would be a stronger game considering it barely showed gameplay. I remember that trailer well. It was funny. "A thingamajig". I was super hyped back then. Prior to that E3 I would watch every Ubisoft conference in the hope and expectation that Rayman 4 would be announced. I cried tears of joy when that day finally came. But yeah, gameplay wise tha trailer showed no indication it was a stronger game than what the finished product ended up as. Funnier maybe though.

That was just my opinion so I could easily be wrong in that regard.

sono

Gold Member
Cool!

Origins is very good on Vita, but parts do try my patience in their difficulty!

Hope they make legends a *bit* easier !

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Cool!

Origins is very good on Vita, but parts do try my patience in their difficulty!

Hope they make legends a *bit* easier !

Ok I'm gonna remain calm and just respectfully disagree. If anything the difficulty needs to increase imo. Then again I am a bit of a masochist when it comes to 2D platformers. I have this username for a reason...

Still questioning. A Sony employee retweeting the news doesn't make it a confirmation.

grumpy-cat-01.jpg
Möpmöp

Sandfox

It's funny that you boycotted an incredible Rayman 2D platformer because it didn't have an origin story.

I boycotted the game because they scrapped the main reason I was so hyped for it. That being said I'm expecting this new game to be good and I may buy it eventually but I have other games I want to buy first.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yoshida (@yosp on Twitter) is the president for Sony Worldwide Studios. When he links to a game on a Playstation platform like he did now, its pretty much as good as any confirmation. The press release from Ubisoft is up in the OP by the way.

EDIT: Already mentioned :)

So, so happy this is finally happening. Loved Origins on Vita, it's absolutely beautiful and a sight to behold on that OLED. Seriously. Legends will be AMAZING on Vita. Definitive version? Definitive version.

Let's talk about Sony hierarchy for their entertainment branch, shall we?

So at the top is the CEO of all of Sony, Kaz Hirai.

1. Corporation CEO
CEO of Sony, Chairman - Kaz Hirai

2. Entertainment Branch CEO
President, Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) - Andrew House

3. Entertainment Branch Subsidiaries CEOs
Jack Tretton (President and CEO, SCEA)
Jim Ryan (President and CEO, SCEE)
Shuhei Yoshida (President, SCE WWS)

^ So "the random employee who tweeted the news" just happens to be the #3. chain of command when it comes to Sony's entertainment division.

He was probably the one who made the decision first place. The guy is a really, really big deal. He is at an immensely high level position at Sony, and anything he says is law.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I boycotted the game because they scrapped the main reason I was so hyped for it. That being said I'm expecting this new game to be good and I may buy it eventually but I have other games I want to buy first.

The main reason you were hyped was the story? How odd. That's like getting a puppy and being excited over the collar you got with it. Boycotting it because of that is like taking the puppy back because the collar isn't the colour you were expecting.

This analogy is flawless. I strongly suggest you don't try to say otherwise. You will only lose.

Pikma

Banned
The funny part is, now WiiU owners can't go around touting their version is superior because of the exclusive touch screen controls.

They confirmed the Vita version has touchscreen parts as well.
Never seen someone brag about exclusive content for a multiplat platformer game, if someone really did, I feel sad haha.

sense

this is awesome news!!

kinda funny that a wii u exclusive got delayed to accommodate other platforms and then comes to vita with exclusive content.

Looking forward to it. The DLC costumes have just been straight up weird though. Wii U gets a costume for a vita exclusive character, and vita gets costumes for games not on the system.

Top Bottom