• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE7 on XB1 and W10 will support cross save

jbug617

Banned
Via Dengeki
 『バイオ7』はPCに対応しており、ハイスペックPCや高品位モニターなど、手持ちのPC環境によっては4KやHDRといった最新の映像表現で『7』を楽しむことが可能です。 なお、Windows store版ではXbox One版の『7』とプレイデータを共有できるとのこと。
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/418/1418822/

I had to use google translate but that is what it says at the end.
"Bio 7" is compatible with PC, it is possible to enjoy "7" with the latest image expression such as 4K or HDR depending on the PC environment on hand such as high spec PC and high quality monitor. The Windows store version can share play data with "7" of Xbox One version.

Isn't that a requirement for any game that's going to be play anywhere?

Also, it says share play data, not save data. For all we know that could mean stats and leaderboards or something like that. We need clarification

Nice but still getting it for ps4 pro though. But I really hope cross save/ownership becomes a more regular thing. Especially for Xbox and pc.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Resident Evil 7 was confirmed to have HDR for the PS4 Pro version, but not PC, so that is new info (but was definitely guessable, since I doubt they'd give it to the PS4 Pro version but not PC).

Though for PS4 Pro it said HDR would be added to RE7 with a post-launch patch, I wonder if it's in the PC version at launch?

Finally, a third party game that supports Xbox Play Anywhere from a major publisher.

Baffling that it's taken this long for MS to convince publishers to do this.

Jawmuncher

Unless it's play anywhere, it's a nice gesture but ultimately a pointless one.
If someone is going to play on PC, they're more than likely going to get it on Steam. Since the only benefit to getting it on the windows store will be this cross save system, which will still require two copies of the game and owning an xbox to get any use out of.

This is gonna be dead on arrival much like infinite warfare was. At this point the only way PC games are gonna sell through the Windows Store app is if MS

- Makes the Xbox App better and more integrated (You have to alt+tab out of game to invite and such or do other functions)
- Really pushes for play anywhere/cross play even with third parties.

I'd consider buying Windows Store PC games if it meant I had a fall back on my Xbox as well. But unless you're on PC and still dying to get some Xbox Achievement Score, you're better off just getting it on steam.

Finally, a third party game that supports Xbox Play Anywhere from a major publisher.

Baffling that it's taken this long for MS to convince publishers to do this.

The translation doesn't seem to fully clarify what is being offered here. Also would be odd for RE7 to have Play Anywhere and Not Dead Rising 4, though not impossible in terms of odd decision making.

BTails

HDR coming to PS4 Pro post launch in a patch? Good thign I plan on playing it through VR for the first time!

Gestault

If this becomes a Play Anywhere title, that's going to push me toward a digital PC/XB1 purchase. I wouldn't assume it will, but if some of those features (like the automatic save carry-over) are an option for publishers, that's good on its own.

DR4 does not have play anywhere.
At this point no games do besides Recore, Gears 4, and Forza Horizon 3 I think.
Quantum Break was a code for both and that was only at launch.

Ark and Everspace are, and I know Killer Instinct was changed over a few months back and is as well. I'll be surprised if RE7 becomes a title.

Jawmuncher

If this becomes a Play Anywhere title, that's going to push me toward a digital PC/XB1 purchase. I wouldn't assume it will, but if some of those features (like the automatic save carry-over) are and option for publishers, that's good on its own.

Ark and Everspace are, and I know Killer Instinct was changed over a few months back and is as well. I'll be surprised if RE7 becomes a title.

Ahh ok, I figured I missed some.

Top Bottom