• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Canadian superstore flyer says Black 3DS XL hitting this weekend

Update - Now Amazon Canada is listing the black XL with an August 11 date - http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00E1A1SP6/

Update - Looks like the system was listed by mistake, but they haven't taken it down from their website. http://www.realcanadiansuperstore.c...e.jsp?flyerPeriodId=24300004&brandId=1100012&

Black 3DS XL was an error it looks like, friend screen-capped this for me:

ieujcemv8ponN.PNG

Update - The black system has also been spotted in the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1lwm_4bkjY&feature

SJ42YXd.jpg

Update - IGN report http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/22/black-3ds-xl-possibly-heading-to-north-america

original - It's a Go Nintendo post and there's no source or many details, but here is the flyer.

VLaVXJy.jpg

Didn't Reggie say this color didn't sell well enough to profit? :p

I wonder if it'll be like the Wii Mini where it's Canada-only in North America for a specific amount of time.

My resolve for holding off for a proper new color finally paid off! Suck it NOA; need another resolve till boxing day for it to hit $149 and then it will be mine :D

bumpkin

I really wanted the all-white version to come to NA -- loved my white DS Lite -- but the red has grown on me; it is the color of Mario after all.

I'd have been all fine and dandy for jumping straight for it, I really want a black one, but Nintendos fucking ass backwards policy of limiting the amount of system transfers you can do is outrageous. I already use up one going from the regular 3ds to the XL.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'd have been all fine and dandy for jumping straight for it, I really want a black one, but Nintendos fucking ass backwards policy of limiting the amount of system transfers you can do is outrageous. I already use up one going from the regular 3ds to the XL.
I don't think that the system transfer limit is exactly awesome, but how many do you expect to do? I've done 2, I can't imagine what would entice me to do three more.

Cyryus

Yeah good question, Because Canada is part of NA.... that means its the same region as US.... right? Like could I use all my games and redownload everything???

Zajora

Didn't Reggie say this color didn't sell well enough to profit? :p

Apparently this is his actual quote:

Reggie said:
We have launched silver- and white-colored GBAs, DSes, DSis, and in our [North American] market they don’t sell very well. So instead of approaching this lighter-colored product as a mass [product], we’re going to look at the opportunity on a much more limited basis. You might see a limited-time offer with a white or silver 3DS XL, or we might colorize it slightly differently. But in terms of an ongoing SKU, the consumer has responded in our marketplace and said that, for a handheld gaming device from Nintendo, that kind of white or silver doesn’t sell nearly as well as blue or red or even pink.

So it sounds like he only has a hate-on for lighter colours. Well, at least there's a solid colour now.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Why on earth would Nintendo not promote this?
With every new color launch they haven't announced it until it's just about to hit shelves. I'm pretty sure the blue MK7 bundle and the initial pink Nintendogs bundle AND the system only re-release were leaked in weekly ads before the PR was released. They'll promote it plenty soon enough I'm sure.

All White and all black are the true 3DS XL master race colours.
AC Pop Tart > Mint x White > everything else.

linkboy

Canadian 3DS' play NA games??

IMPORT

They're the exact same hardware.

NoA covers Canada, the US and Mexico.

And I will find a way to get my grubby hands on this, even if it costs me Starfox (got it free from the register game promotion earlier this year).

Yawnier

Banned
Yeah, of course this releases 6 month after buying my blue 3DS XL. Fuck this should have been out almost a year ago with the other colors in NA.

Hmm. I might upgrade. I dunno. I don't really like my red XL, but is it really worth buying a whole new unit just for the sake of getting a color I like? Also, what happens if a limited edition that I want comes out in the future?
atomic purple

We'll see.

Oh yeah, how many system transfers are allowed? I didn't know it was limited.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Can NOA just freaking announce this for the rest of North America so that I can plan my budget for the week? All I have been waiting for is for an XL in a color that isn't lame, and it sound like this may be my only chance.

Take my money, please!

Top Bottom