• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

F1-GAF was the first community I became a real part of on here. Tons of cool people like you said, but there are different traits to a spectator sport thread and a broad topic like cars.

Unrelated, holy hell is the dota 2 community some of the absolute worst I've ever come across. That's coming from someone who plays League of Legends too. :(

Play sc2, bromeo. We're very well mannered.

Hurgh

Webmaster tells me my article got us a massive traffic spike, does not tell me from where. So now I am searching the usual places to see where it was linked.

To all of you that may remember the story of the wet-legged girl.

I dodged a bullet.

To whomever called it - my best mate is getting back with her.

Aside from that, I've got a whole situation going on where I tried to date my boss which didn't go to well. She was meant to be getting married in July, but she doesnt love the dude, but she stopped dating me to go back to him because shes been with him 7 years and doesnt know how to be away from him. Shes prepared to get married to avoid that challenge. She thinks she can pretend she doesn't like me to carry on with her life, but she forgets how adorable I can be.

My main mission is to give her a metaphorical slap in the face and get her to wise the fuck up. She wont be happy if she goes back to him. She sleeps on the floor and doesn't even wear her engagement ring, shes told me straight up she doesn't like him anymore. Shes started to open up to me and has said that he has hit her from time to time. However, she hasn't known me long enough to know that the sure-fire thing to get my blood boiling is stories like that, and theres a very high probability we'll meet. There's also a very high probability I'll punch him square in the nose when we do. I know my best mate will be near by when that happens though so I won't be able to go overboard.

I used to have a bad temper problem, but as I've gotten older (with 'professional help') I've been able to control it the one and only thing that makes me spiral out of control is guys hitting women and children.

Anyway, I've done the thingy where you go off on a tangent, it's time for mind liberation.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice work

i2xtkDq3xBToK.gif

Now keep your cool and stay out of trouble!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
*looks around* Time to nerd this place up.

Hooray for being here so I can sneak onto my boyfriend's computer and run certain programs I wouldn't be able to otherwise!

As some of you may know, I love messing around with character creators! So I felt quite lucky that I got to play with PSO2's character creator.

lissarpso.jpg

My boyfriend said, "She looks strangely like you." I wonder why!

To show just how much Newman Lissar is like me, check this out:

lissarpso2.jpg

On the right is her normal face. On the left is her ATTEMPT AT SMILING.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yeah, I thought it was a bit weird... the female model has her knees together and feet splayed. I think it's meant to look cute but it just looks ridiculous. D:

edit: Weird robot feet!

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah, I thought it was a bit weird... the female model has her knees together and feet splayed. I think it's meant to look cute but it just looks ridiculous. D:

edit: Weird robot feet!

Yeah. It is a weird Japanese quirk. Japanese girls tend to do that a lot.

leadbelly

Banned
What, point and click adventures?

*puts up banners*

Go, point and click adventures! *waves pom-poms*

Actually I don't mind them. It's just these days I tend to place most of my attention on AAA games. I have a pile of games I just haven't played. Like Braid for instance. I know it's good but I just haven't got around to playing it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I rarely ever play with guns in Phantasy Star, so I'm not sure what kind the games usually have (though when I was playing PSP2 I got into using pistols.) Of course, they DO have huge swords. Wouldn't be a JRPG without them!

Also, I've become less interested in AAA games. There are a few that I'll play, but for the most part smaller devs and indie devs are creating thing that are far more interesting to me.

Also, I've become less interested in AAA games. There are a few that I'll play, but for the most part smaller devs and indie devs are creating thing that are far more interesting to me.

I'm building in my head this not really at all fair stereotype that AAA games are just movies with occasional button presses, so I'm really hesitant to go after a game that's been heavily advertised and has a humongous budget (and a comparatively humongous list price!).

Kickstarter actually seems to be a more interesting way to shop for games than the regular stores. There's a little more detail in what I'll be getting, the prices are reasonable, and I feel good about going through with it.

leadbelly

Banned
pso2? mischief makers? now this is a thread.

Mischief Makers is a great game. Quite an odd platformer, but good none the less. I've always liked the style of games Treasure make. On the surface it seems like they make very retro type games, but they always manage to add something new and innovative to the gameplay.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So far I've put money towards three Kickstarters, all I'm really excited about.

I hope Jane's gets funded, but who knows...

I don't know what those are. It's more like Dudebro 2, actually.

That's probably a better example, considering that the ones I listed (one a Bill Cosby spoof film, the other a Duke Nukem spoof game) are apparently really terrible, while Fallout 3 is not.

Now I wish somehow that there were a Fallout 2 to complement 1 and 3. :|

JeTmAn81

Ok, so I want to get Xenoblade Chronicles but I don't have the money. What the fuck do I do?

Admit to yourself that you'll probably never play 90% of the games in your enormous collection* again, and sell off a few to finance a new experience (Xenoblade). Comes with a bonus feeling of enlightenment.

*You may substitute an enormous gaming collection for any other assortment of things you have which you rarely, if ever, use and don't need. Everybody's got something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom