• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Realistic Link design by Kyle Hefley (343 Developer)

Monocle

This is an adult Link design that I could support in earnest.

a4bzuoe6y17kdbxg5jgd.jpg
Better.

gamerMan

It's a good model. I wish he kept some of the identifying features of Link. Here is a quick and dirty version.

link_face.jpg

105.Will

There's something about the expression on his face that i can't get past. He doesn't look determined like TP link does for instance. He looks kind of melancholy.

Monocle

Of course a Halo-developer doesn't need to know how to design a good looking face.
halo-the-master-chief-collection.jpg
What are you talking about? Master Chief's faceplate is super emotive. In that shot he's stern.

rGAcW9U.jpg

Also stern.

DtYdw4fl.jpg

Stern here too.

hRjDqw5l.png

Master Chief's a pretty stern guy.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yea that's quite the portfolio, guy is talented as hell.

The face in that first one, jesus christ.

Like they basically picked 'generic american muscle-man videogame face' and gave it a wig.
'Realistic' doesn't mean you automatically grow a square chiseled jaw, dead eyes and a 5 o'clock shadow. It's like they got the Gears of War team to design Link or something.

Monocle

Cloud looks like he could use a Cheeseburger.
clearly your a baka gaijin with no respect for the glorious nipponese bishounen archetype. here let me educate you.

cRv7jo9.jpg

QQZDQgTm.jpg

J86FxVq.jpg

nOQmuuO.jpg

i hope this will help you not be Foolish when you talk about clouds classic and honorable design in the future.

People asking where people are getting the "40 yr old Link" impression from need to actually look at his face, not the youthful hair and hairstyle around it.

Sans hair (baldy) or with short hair only, that is a face befitting a man in his forties.

The hilarious ever-so-slightly bulbous nose and cherry shaped chin, as well as the slightly furrowed brow, are facial traits of an older man and make for a bizare juxtaposition with the youthful hair, teenager's body (slimness) and clothes.

Top Bottom