• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend a mech anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
found this series on Crunchyroll. its Simulcast so its still airing.

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince

601936_384727144975236_675621502_n.jpg

Trying to chose what to watch between: Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Full Metal Panic, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. WHAT TO WATCH. First real mecha anime other than watching G Gundam back in the day

Trying to chose what to watch between: Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Full Metal Panic, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. WHAT TO WATCH. First real mecha anime other than watching G Gundam back in the day
1. Wing
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion(a real classic but could be too crazy for starters)
3. Gundam 00 1st season
4. Full Metal Panic
5. Gundam 00 2nd season

- Gundam 08th MS Team
- Patlabor (the entire franchise...there's like 2 OVA series, 3 movies, and a 50-ep TV show)
- Armored Trooper Votoms
- Big O
- Gundam 0080
- Gundam 0083
- Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
- Outlaw Star
- Gunparade March
- Gunbuster
- Neon Genesis Evangelion

I haven't watched much anime in the last decade, so I'm obviously missing a lot of the newer stuff, I imagine.

FnordChan

If you could suggest a few realistic oriented robot animes and where I can stream them Netflix? Thanks

It's nothing at all like Pacific Rim, but I heartily second the recommendations for Patlabor. Patlabor is set in the near future where mid-sized (roughly 25 feet tall) mecha are used for things like construction. However, sometimes they're used for crime, so the cops have mecha, too. Patlabor is a cop show where the giant robots are essentially cop cars, with wonderful characters, a lot of humor, and interest extrapolations of near future technology. Better yet, the series is being released on Blu-ray in the US, with the first OVA series and the first of four TV volumes now available. Check it out!

FnordChan

I'm watching Gurren Lagann on Hulu right now and it's awesome. I've previously only watched various Gundam series (Wing, 08th, 0083, the original movie trilogy, and part of Zeta...I think that's all).

I see that RahXephon is also on Hulu. What other good mecha series can I stream via Netflix/Hulu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom