• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2009 Edition!

AFreak

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
27wxhtv.jpg

Ninja Gaiden 2?????

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AFreak said:
Ninja Gaiden 2?????
I thought that was a obvious one :p

Obviously not as good as my SotC-one but this took 2 hours less :)

HmgFRlGCW.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn nice man.

30 mins.

MdRySOZvg.jpg

Yoshichan

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It makes me really sad to see a lot of this great art ruined by JPG compression...

REOekaki.png

1hr 40min
Mouse Only
Final Destination

Gun and ground suck. They suck hard. :/

I'm actually kinda new to this "art form". However, I got a good deal of principles from the Facebook Grafiti app. In fact, I was gonna come in here and post that at first. :lol But then thought, what the hell, I should try out Paint. I'm actually really familiar with Paint overall so that probably helped.

Oh and here are the VG-related Facebook Grafiti I've drawn:

e7d9bbc87901e3e6719548c88305108a_58.png

de1bbee360f4847c6829bb184aeedbfd_58.png

d1da6439353637ab0d950fc8734ff06b_58.png

^ Stole GAF's motto for that one. :lol

b7667d0c3cbf2e2a9c04e8592eaee2ff_58.png

As a reward for reading this long, self-indulgent post and viewing all my horrible work, I offer this:

REOekaki-Wollan.png

Yoshichan

Last one :lol

Also your Leon's kinda more accurate than mine :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Seiken said:
Last one :lol

Also your Leon's kinda more accurate than mine :(

Ah yeah, it took me a while to get Leon's head the bulbous shape it is. :lol I tried doing it freehand but it kept coming out too flat, so I just used the circle tool and cut it in half.

He's also such a whitey. I just left him at color code FFFFFF. :lol

Yoshichan

Andrex said:
Ah yeah, it took me a while to get Leon's head the bulbous shape it is. :lol I tried doing it freehand but it kept coming out too flat, so I just used the circle tool and cut it in half.

He's also such a whitey. I just left him at color code FFFFFF. :lol
That's fucking GENIUS man, I'll start doing like that everytime now :lol

Prax said:
Even better than getting last-minute criticals...

Is when the CPU can't get one.

rng.jpg

Micaiah probably dies from the next enemy though. :(

Working with only the default palette is too haaaard.

why?! Why?! I was trying to escape this!

I'm playing through Radiant Dawn on Hard, and I'm going to go freaking mad. Granted, I'm on Part 3, where I have competent units (Jesus Christ at Part 1), but still.

EmCeeGramr said:
And this! D:

I beat the first game with S/XS on every stage, but New Blood is just ridiculous. That's probably next, after Fire Emblem.

edit:

Holy shit at the above artwork

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jaroof said:
How...did you make this in Paint?!

Hrm, I think at least one of the talented artists here should record their drawing process, speed the crap out of it, and upload it to YouTube to show how it's done.

That's actually how I learned the little I know from FB.

Teknoman

What is up with everyone being insanely good at MSpaint?

Im just going to submit the same stuff I did last year. Have to think of something new just for contribution sake.

2v1w36p.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ferrio said:
Okay, so i spent too long on this and it still sucks

godot.png

When you copy in-game graphics onto your backgrounds, at least make it a little less obvious.

Mdk7

Ok, it took me hours and i hate you guys for this... since i had LOTS to do... but i couldn't resist, i love this thread so much...

Here's my contribution for this year (Barkle was done in Photoshop as i said, plus this one was specifically created for the topic...):

Castle.png

It's 101% done with Microsoft Paint ONLY and ONLY by mouse. I refused to use a tablet, this way it's nerdier IMHO. :lol

I hope you like it as much as i do!

CTLance

Someone please make an Endless Ocean pic for me. I've tried several times, but the end result was devastating each and every time.

I'm amazed again and again what some of you guys can get out of Paint. Awesome.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
CTLance said:
Someone please make an Endless Ocean pic for me. I've tried several times, but the end result was devastating each and every time.

It's funny you should say that, as I was going to do that as one of mine considering the kind of things I was talking about in the official Endless Ocean thread.

Of course considering WHAT I was talking about, it'd probably end up not looking much different to that Doom 3 picture posted earlier :lol

Mdk7

Uremifasolasiututut said:
A sequel of sorts to the last picture I submitted.

Gets me everytime...

*sniff*
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Even more considering that i always thought that spray effect was useless. O_O

Wark

Wark said:
rlj8kw.png

This is from last year's thread.

hs9rau.png

Not really a "moment", but just a piece I made in MS Paint of the main protagonist of P4.

All done with a crappy ass laptop touch pad. :lol I still have been meaning to get a tablet to mess around with. I'll make more later maybe.

Here's another one:

20pyhzd.png

The motorcycle scene from Shenmue.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Holy crap !

I have no idea how you guys complete something like this in a day let alone do it in the first place. I think I've spent about a good 12 hours on mine and it's only about 30% complete.. Granted I am using a mouse and my eyesight sucks.

I'll finish this week! [I hope] :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Eh, kind of rushed this. But I hope it does some justice to the sheer terror I experienced during some of the nighttime dives in this game;

endless.gif

Top Bottom