• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2011 Edition!

Chinner

Banned
hey its not my fault that the source material (throwing out some art lingo here), miranda, is incredibly ugly. i'll have to inform you guys that the problem is not with my skill; i have studied among great modern artists such as chris-chan and tim buckley himself!

paintpokes.jpg

sonic.png

Here have this shitty mishmash of old Sonic games I drew bashed off my shitty memory of how to draw any of these characters without references.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
the first time i encountered a crimson head in REmake my friend played while i went to the bathroom so i missed out on the cutscene introducing them so when this happened i almost pissed myself

crimsonheadffffuuuu.jpg

wtf is that sound?
ffffuuuu.jpg

DJ88

Astrosanity said:
Here have this shitty mishmash of old Sonic games I drew bashed off my shitty memory of how to draw any of these characters without references.

Hahaha, love the faces of sonic and friends.

feel

2yuaux0.jpg

I spent 3 hours on paint doing this, be kind. A friend and I playing Minecraft for the first time ever a few days ago, we knew nothing on how to play the game, and on our first night as we ran away from some monsters in a forest we fell down this very deep hole that led to an underground cave where we were trapped in the pitch dark and had to wait for the morning so a little light could come in from the top and help us find our way out of there. All we could do was hear the sounds of monsters (now we know they were spiders) walking around us and some sort of underground water stream. It was an amazing experience and very memorable to us. That once terrifying cave is now our huge intricate underground home base/bunker.

Mik2121

How the hell did you spend 3 hours (even if exaggerating...) doing that? Hahaha.. anyway, you got the mood spot on. But someone already beat you to it, and with the proper eyes :p

feel

Mik2121 said:
How the hell did you spend 3 hours (even if exaggerating...) doing that? Hahaha.. anyway, you got the mood spot on. But someone already beat you to it, and with the proper eyes :p
This is as good time as any to say I hate your halo fan art.
not really

Here's a few that I did. I wouldn't call them favorite moments, but I would call them memorable ones.

w215564909.png

Final Fantasy X - Laughing scene

w215564908.png

Heavy Rain - The shower scene you didn't want to see

w215564907.png

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Naked Raiden

Altazor

MEH, I just did the environment - I wasted like an hour on it so I got lazy and didn't draw the character. I guess you Wii/platformer people would recognize it anyway.

a3x9p.png

Donkey Kong Country Returns' Tidal Terror

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I cheated (I used Photoshop for the blur on the clouds, the ocean and other minor details).

mn0sxz.jpg

Zelda 2: Adventure of Link - The battle with Thunderbird.

I haven't hated this boss so much in a long time. It felt SO GOOD to finally take him down.

Also, I cheated a little and did this one in the GIMP. Paint can't do layers/transparencies and its paint feature is horrible to try and use. Also, for some reason, I couldn't get both my image and the one I was working off to open at the same time.

Chinner said:
hey its not my fault that the source material (throwing out some art lingo here), miranda, is incredibly ugly. i'll have to inform you guys that the problem is not with my skill; i have studied among great modern artists such as chris-chan and tim buckley himself!
I think she's hot but the in-game version of her is ugly. The CGI one from the commercials.... a goddess I tell you

Top Bottom