• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2011 Edition!

shaowebb said:
Awesome! I got an intuos 4 medium size. What are you using? All of Wacom's stuff is so good. I dream of owning the Cintiq someday.

DrawGaf unite! God I wish I had more time to screw around with just fun art instead of all this college stuff...
Wacom surely builds some high quality stuff, I'm still using my Intuos 3 (a4 i guess) and it's worth every penny.

bananas

Banned
u8L0N.jpg

Made with SketchBook on my iPad.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SovanJedi said:
Hooray! This year's thread is here and someone beat me to making it. :O

Here's my entry, but I'm making it a link because it contains a massive - and I mean MASSIVE - spoiler for Little King's Story's end section/final boss. Even though I worked out what the twist would be by the time I defeated the fourth/fifth king, it was still a really awesome twist.

PICTURE, BEWARE LKS SPOILERS

(Of course if nobody cares, I'll just re-edited and post it here anyway...)

Cheeze and crackers that is amazing. Tablet?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Andrex said:
Cheeze and crackers that is amazing. Tablet?

Thanks! Yes it's a tablet. I was also going to try a Vanquish piece about the introduction of those huge spider/transformer mechs during the game, but, my skills aren't good enough to let me fully recreate that with default MS Paint colours. WOE. :(

Billychu said:
That's a really awesome picture, but I've never played the game so I don't really know what I'm looking at.

Basically,
you discover that your world, your entire kingdom and all the characters you've interacted with up to that point existed in a handcrafted cardboard box stage made by a child with an overactive imagination, and characters you meet are based on people the real boy knew while growing up. The rats (who you briefly see as a cutesy bunch of mischievous pests in the game's intro) turn out to be the last boss battle, as they are trying to destroy your world/the playset because they are massive jerks.

Emitan

lol I thought it was Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet for a second. That one is really good.
Demon's Souls, right?

I made this one a while ago. Was a living hell, I hate paint + mouse combination, especially the text.

o13Nv.png

I will definitely make another one this evening or tomorrow.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
-Eddman- said:
Great drawings this year, congrats to all!

I finally finished mine, took some more hours than expected, but I don't have a tablet (mouse only). I'm very satisfied, it is one of my favorite games of the 16-bit era.

czKTh.png

Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja
Hahaha awesome. The dinosaur looks great.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Billychu said:

Nah cheating would be like importing it into GIMP to tweak things and add filters.

(Also protip: you can simulate "layers" in Paint by using multiple windows of it.)

Pengew

Billychu said:
lol I thought it was Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet for a second. That one is really good.
Demon's Souls, right?

Yep, you got it. I was going to add a few "player messages" but it didnt look right and kind of gave it away to easily.

elfinke

SovanJedi said:

Here's my entry, but I'm making it a link because it contains a massive - and I mean MASSIVE - spoiler for Little King's Story's end section/final boss. Even though I worked out what the twist would be by the time I defeated the fourth/fifth king, it was still a really awesome twist.

This is incredible also - a double bonus as this is easily one of the finest games on the platform and of this generation.

My superlativemeter is running out of gas reading this thread, so I'll give it a break by entering my lamo Sunday morning attempt:

VwgdP.png

/edit:

galactus_eat_world said:
[/IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5070/5602301004_7b215b3577_b.jpg[/IMG]

Damn you Galactus!!
yours is so damn awesome

Saerk

SovanJedi said:

This one is the best one so far. I've never played this game, but I love the artwork.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This year's entry:

Pokemon White

I was gonna draw Hilbert with his arm outstretched as if to say "stop," but I like the effect of showing him alone.

Also frigging hell it is hard to draw mini-people in pixel-ish art.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
N7oCH.png

Super Mario World

Guess the level!

First time I've done a second gaming one for the same year, and also the first one I didn't use the line tool as a crutch... or at all! (Well I did use to clean up some things.)

This one is probably my laziest effort so far, only spent about 45 minutes on it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I should do a Zelda one but I'm already planning another Mario one, and two for Pokemon B/W with one of them a six-panel-ish comic. v_v I put too much effort into these things.

jujubeads

600e57ff1fa6122297290308e67b4e1bf206e624.jpg

Maybe not the most dramatic pic, but some of my favorite moments in Homeworld 2 were spent just ogling the art, and watching the ships make those winding trails.

RiZ III

StevePharma said:
I know it's cheating but last week I did a gaming related sketch from a screenshot in PS to test my new Wacom tablet...

mjsl55.jpg

That's friggen incredible. I'd buy that and put it on my wall if I found that at an art vendor.

Top Bottom