• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Ash The Kalkanon Incident (PS4/XB1) development to proceed with Fuze Etertainme

Busaiku

From the latest update...
Hello everyone!

We have some very important and happy news for you today!

It's official: “RED ASH: The KalKanon Incident” is a GO for full development, along with ports to PlayStation 4 AND Xbox One!

We know this is sudden news. Are you surprised? How have we decided to develop the game before the Kickstarter campaign finishes? Well, that’s thanks to the support of FUZE Entertainment, who we’ll introduce now.
What happens to RED ASH now?

(1)
First off, the contribution of FUZE is a done deal. We can officially confirm that "The KalKanon Incident” will be developed to completion, with the initial goals for game content (8 hours), along with ports to BOTH PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!

(2)
The rights to RED ASH will be retained by comcept. We're excited to find such a great partner in FUZE who believes in our vision in its pure form. In addition, comcept will retain rights to creative discretion and decisions in game development.

What happens to Kickstarter?

The Kickstarter campaign is going 100% towards more content! Consider your pledge a contribution to stretch goals from here on out.

Exactly what are those stretch goals? We're sorry to say that will have to wait a little while longer! Like we said, we're very busy with many behind-the-scenes things over here, and we apologize if you feel left in the dark. As you can see, the things we have brewing that are keeping us occupied are BIG, and all for the purpose of getting you RED ASH in its biggest, bestest form. That's the reason we're less communicative than we'd like to be!

We know we’re in the final days of our campaign, but we’d like to ask fans to continue their support of RED ASH! Your money is going towards 100% content now, so please look forward to the revised "stretch goals"!
So basically the initial goal of the Kickstarter, The Kalkanon Incident, will be coming to PC/PS4/XB1, regardless of the Kickstarter.
The Kickstarter will now shift to expanding the content beyond that, rather than initial development.

ZeroGravity

Good for the people who want it I guess, but still kind of bizarre given its complete lack of support or enthusiasm.

GavinUK86

giphy.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't have any attachment to the series, but this seems like the best outcome. There were so many huge and obvious problems with the Kickstarter campaign that it is hard to tell whether it was failing because of a lack of interest or because of all the red flags. It's nice to know that the people who backed it anyway because of a love of MegaMan Legends will still get to play this game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
They should cancel the Kickstarter and start a new one with whatever the fuck meaning its supposed to have now then? Half assing out some stretch goals in the last... 4 days is... god they have no idea what they're doing.

Every step of this has felt like Infaunes background shakedown techniques laid bare.

Is Fuze going to commit to the 12-hour "New Order Conspiracy" as well, or should Inafune and co refund people expecting the 2 games for $79+ pledges until they could actually commit any reality to that promise?

The kickstarter has 480/800k with 4 days left. They got desperate and struck a deal with Fuze. Seriously everything about how this has been handled leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

Toki767

I like how the Xbox One version is being made even though it had like 10% of the vote for which console backers wanted the game on.

Nbz

They don't get any money if the Kickstarter fails to meet its goal right?

I mean the way this has gone there was no way they were hitting that goal so at least its being funded the traditional way for those that want it

Fishious

Huh. I'm wondering if the kickstarter will pick up now. Considering they haven't outlined the extra content it will be funding, there's only a few days left, and people will technically get what they want (the game) without pledging I'm going to say... no.

Instro

Maybe they should just restart the campaign in a couple months when they have something to show off. Obviously they now have, or always did have, the money to work on it for the foreseeable future.

I mean surely they realize that they don't get any money if it doesn't reach it's funding goal.

Tucah

you speak so well
This Kickstarter has been a mess since day one, but good for people who want the game since it almost certainly wasn't making that goal.

Toki767

Is it even legal for them to completely change what the kickstarter offers on a basic level 4 days before it ends?

It seems incredibly shady.

Toki767

I thought the Kickstarter was pretty lousy but this lazy garbage needs to stop.

How is it lazy? I give Inafune credit for pulling out a publishing deal like a good businessman would when he sees that the kickstarter most likely wasn't going to get funded.

SgtCobra

skYOFwB.gif

Nah good for them I guess, the more games the better.
I hope it turns out to be a good game, they have my attention.

It's funny because Cross Reverie cancelled their kickstarter after they picked up an outside firm to fund development. And yet, here we are getting asked for more money to nebulously make a better game. Seems of to me, but so has this whole campaign.

FelipeMGM

This is not unusual. Most of famous KS have external funds.
However, everything abou this game is shady as fuck and I hope everyone pulls their money out of this campaign

Top Bottom