• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Bull Kumite | March 28th |Ultra Street Fighter IV Invitational

After starting a comeback, Mago dies because of crouch tech which gets confirmed into a combo :|

Oh well, Bonchan vs Louffy as I expected. But Mago did better than I thought he would.

Capcom probably has no idea why the bug occurs and at this point they don't care.
"I dunno" has never been a solid excuse and never will.
after the latest update patch on xbox 360, there's a chance that there will be an audio glitch which slows the game tremendously. this has happened in a couple of tournaments and capcom hasn't done anything to fix the glitch yet.

That's sounds like Capcom alright

bobohoro

unless you mean like, the announcer there in the arena. then... it's because there's a live spectator aspect to the tourney and it's in france?

it's house commentary dummy. please respect the audience spectating at the venue itself.

the audience is French

Yeah I know, but I wouldn't have thought that to be a problem honestly, at least for the opening/introduction segment of the tournament. At least that's pretty common for other international events in Europe, that or simultaneous interpreting. Can understand the actual live commentating being in french, although they at least could tune it out on the other streams.

xCobalt

I think its safe to say Red Bull has pulled off the better invitational than Monster.

Red Bull tastes better anyways

Sayad

Twitch stream is stuttering for me at "medium" quality while Dailymotion's stream is running fine at 720p 60fps, fix your shit Twitch!

sanstitreehu4j.jpg

:D

Sheroking

Yeah I know, but I wouldn't have thought that to be a problem honestly, at least for the opening/introduction segment of the tournament. At least that's pretty common for other international events in Europe, that or simultaneous interpreting. Can understand the actual live commentating being in french, although they at least could tune it out on the other streams.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think live audiences ever need commentary and the yelling in the background is just annoying.

Can't watch this.

kirblar

Yeah, I agree. I don't think live audiences ever need commentary and the yelling in the background is just annoying.

Can't watch this.
Yeah, following the Boxing/MMA/Pro wresting thing, it's not like they pump Jim Ross over the loudspeakers.

Although that would be hilarious.

Can't watch this.

You just don't know french/european habits. We had commentary on stage for ever because our commentators are much more in a one man show habit than the calm dual commentators you find in the US.

Kain

I've always wondered why that wasn't an option

Maybe too much bandwidth usage on the server side? Or maybe it's a contract thing (as in we hire the commentators, so you have to listen)

Either way I have to say, this stream is flawless.

jediyoshi

You just don't know french/european habits. We had commentary on stage for ever because our commentators are much more in a one man show habit than the calm dual commentators you find in the US.

The actual issue here is the mix. Usually crowd audio is biased towards the crowd, in house commentators drowning that out negates the point.

also lol calm us commentators, this flies maybe if it's a wargaming tournament.

bobohoro

Is that really so common in France? Maybe it's because I'm more used to sports commentators in more subdued competitions like snooker and golf and stuff where everything's done from an external commentator's box like winter sports, but this constant assault of words live on stage for the audience and players themselves to hear is kinda weird to me.

It's especially jarring since everything else seems so highly professional and superbly organized. I'd prefer it more if they only had an announcer on stage and live commentators available via radio for the audience. Would also solve the problem with the audio mix, as you would have the crowd noise isolated.

Top Bottom