• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Coming to Switch and PS4 (Digital August 17th, Physical October 13th)

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Its going to be 4K30fps on Pro and PS5.
Jesus and no other option?!?!? :D
xW6vHHj.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's a PS3 game, Teh Cell was so advanced it's impossible to do 60fps on a mere PS5. It's not Rockstar's fault Sony hasn't released a Pro console yet. You will play it at 30fps and be happy.
It's Sony's fault there is no BC so Rockstar was forced to make this. You know, where the BC game only runs at 30 anyhow. If this runs at 60 on the PS5, that's a net positive, but I won't hold my breath knowing them.

Still no PC version,
mexican-laugh-laugh.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sure. It was Sonys fault that Sharkstar had to release this garbage Low effort Cashgrab.

what-is.gif
It was sarcasm from people in this very thread trying to paint that narrative.

All while we have RDR2 with no current gen patch, which you know damned well they're going to do a charged version like they did with GTAV. Which shits on the stupid narrative.

Woggleman

If it were ten bucks or even twenty it would not be a big deal but they are charging damn near full price for what is a reissue of a 13 year old game.

Woggleman

They know people will pay. I will just wait for a deep, deep discount if at all.
This is true since here are a lot of people who only have a PS4 or PS5 and want to play the game. There are a large amount of people who played RDR2 and never played RDR1 and this will be their chance.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is true since here are a lot of people who only have a PS4 or PS5 and want to play the game. There are a large amount of people who played RDR2 and never played RDR1 and this will be their chance.
A super low effort chance, but yes, a chance none-the-less.

Meicyn

Gold Member
That is why I said damn near. To charge the price that the game was when it was released is absurd. It should be no more than twenty.
You know what really sucks? They’re probably going to tie the sales of this rerelease to general interest in Red Dead.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You know what really sucks? They’re probably going to tie the sales of this rerelease to general interest in Red Dead.
Man, RDR2 is still in the top 10 in sales, hell it was just behind GTAV in 2 and 3 slots just recently.

They know the interest is there, they just have a psychopath mentality CEO who is using starvation and too big to fail tactics. He knows he has the fanbase around their fingers. We only have ourselves to blame.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
If it were ten bucks or even twenty it would not be a big deal but they are charging damn near full price for what is a reissue of a 13 year old game.

Because dummies will buy it in spades. It's the Nintendo way.

Edit: To be fair, Ill probably be one of those dummies if it isnt a complete broken mess like the GTA trilogy. I fucking love my westerns.

Last edited:

NickFire

Man, RDR2 is still in the top 10 in sales, hell it was just behind GTAV in 2 and 3 slots just recently.

They know the interest is there, they just have a psychopath mentality CEO who is using starvation and too big to fail tactics. He knows he has the fanbase around their fingers. We only have ourselves to blame.
The continued lack of a 60 FPS patch for RDR2 has me feeling pretty much the same way. It's an absolute bitch slap to their audience's face.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The continued lack of a 60 FPS patch for RDR2 has me feeling pretty much the same way. It's an absolute bitch slap to their audience's face.
Yep, and they're going to pull a GTAV "current gen" update for a price, if they ever do one.

Since clearly it took no effort that did not seem to break a thing in the game to get it at a locked 60 on the PS5 jailbroke firmware. They have the high res textures and lighting/shadows assets from the PC version they could patch in as well.

But nah, they will do a charged version next year or the year after. When people are so starved through attrition, we just accept it and buy it. Thanking them along the way.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
So there's no word on the review copies out there? They've gotta be out there already right? it's just weird to not have heard anything yet. Not even passing bullshit heresay.

NickFire

So there's no word on the review copies out there? They've gotta be out there already right? it's just weird to not have heard anything yet. Not even passing bullshit heresay.
They might not have given any out for this. They must realize they will all primarily say its the same game from before 1/2 of you were born (maybe less content now?), and that it either runs well or like poop.

Quezacolt

And? The PS5 version (the one that matters at this point) released in March 2022.
Because he wrote in a way that almost implied that the game was never released on anything besides the ps3/360 and pc.
It didnt take R* 10 years to release on newer platforms

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Unfortunately for excited fans, when Rockstar Games announced the re-release of Red Dead Redemption, we learned that it would be neither a remake nor a remaster, it would be in fact, a straight-up port of the 2010 original game, coming to PlayStation and Nintendo Switch.

This, as you can imagine, infuriated the masses that were hoping for something more. I suppose if anything, this is a lesson to curb enthusiasm related to rumours and as we always say, take rumours with a pinch of salt until proven otherwise.

That being said, it’s totally understandable if some were not overly impressed by the £39.99/$49.99 RRP for a port of a 13-year-old game, even if it will look a little nicer when being played in 4K on PS5. It will also come bundled with the Undead Nightmare expansion, but the multiplayer has been removed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom